Other F*ck stall - A Balanced Hackmons RMT

Hey there! I'm dsm77773 and this is my first post here in Smogon! I'd like to share with you my best BH team. Sadly 3 of its members are (probably) getting banned ;_;
Fuck stall. I hate stall. It's damn annoying, wakes you waste a lot of time (sorry stall players) and has the ability to make me ragequit after a battle lasting 50000 turns. Stall was basically breaking through every single team I made. I decided to make a team stall just couldn't beat, and here it is - my BH stall-destroyer team. No more battles lasting 100 turns!
OK, now you know how much I hate stall, so let's go into the RMT.

I started the team with a Toxic Spikes setter. Stall teams absolutely hate the passive damage done every turn, forcing them to recover more frequently and overall wearing them down. Shuckle filled the bill - it is a nice Prankster user and has a lot of bulk.

Imposter Chansey MUST be on every (serious) BH team you build, so she immediately joined the team.

Of course, to break stall I needed... a stallbreaker. I chose P-Groudon for this role because it was bulky but hit 398 Attack even uninvested.

I didn't want to be useless against other offensive teams so I added Mega Rayquaza for its powerful priority that every offensive-minded team must have.

Mega Rayquaza just can't work as a pure wallbreaker. Poison Heal Kyogre joined the team as a wallbreaker and a Pokémon that threatens offensive and defensive teams alike.

I wanted to have a Magic Bounce user somewhere. Mega Mewtwo Y might seem a weird choice lol it is but allowed me to mantain offensive pressure. Oh, and it was a nasty surprise for those stall teams that I pretend to beat.

So after playing with this team for a while and reaching a peak of #1409 I stopped playing BH for a bit. When I started playing the tier again, I made quite a few changes. First, Shuckle was replaced by Deoxys-S, which had more advantatges such as being Imposter-proof. Toxic Spikes were removed from the team. I also changed P-Groudon to a Band version, which is insanely powerful; and Mega Mewtwo Y to a more standard Protean set. This time, the team relies on its sheer power to break past stall. Despite this changes that made the team better, I just couldn't keep my place on the ladder.

The team at a glance

In depth

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
Ability: Turboblaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dark Void
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin​
Nearly always I lead with Deoxys-S as it is capable to counter the best lead in BH (Imposter Chansey this thing is everywhere. It will invade us), thanks to Dark Void + Lum Berry. I think the set it's pretty self-explanatory: Turboblaze allows me to bypass Magic Bounce, the EVs maximize Deoxys-S Speed and bulk, so it outspeeds anything bar priority/boosted mons and ensures is able to take a hit (most of the time). Lum Berry, as I said, is to counter Imposters and opposing Deoxys-S leads. I went Dark Void > Spore because Dark Void bypasses Safety Goggles, despite the worse accuracy. Knock Off is helpful against said Imposter Chansey to take out its precious Eviolite, but its mostly a filler as anyway I use the switches Dark Void forces to set up Stealth Rock or getting a free switch. If Deoxys-S survives the first 3-4 turns, save it for Rapid Spinning later. It can work as a pivot mid-game getting more free switches or Knocking Off the foe's switch-in after a Dark Void as well, and Deoxys-S is very valuable at countering my impostered mons.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Skill Swap
- Heal Order​
I think there's nothing to explain here, as it's just the standard Imposter Chansey every single BH must have. I went Heal Order > Parting Shot as I prefer recovery to pivoting, and Chansey's life is just precious. You won't be using anything on here because you'll be transformed - but just in case, Fake Out breaks Illusion (watch out for Illusion Mega Gengar, though) and Skill Swap is for those Sub users. Transforming the opponent's mon in a Chansey with no good HP makes me laugh a lot.

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn
- Switcheroo​
MASSIVE DESTRUCTION. This thing wrecks just about anything. With a Choice Band, P-Groudon hits 756 Attack. Add to the mix a STAB 180BP move boosted by the Harsh Sunshine Desolate Land provides. EVs are standard, max Attack and Speed to hit as hard and fast as possible (but still does not do very well against offense). V-create is a nuke that incinerates basically everything. Thousand Arrows is a secondary STAB move when you don't need such power. It's got good neutral coverage, doesn't force you out after using it, and still hits ridiculously hard. Switcheroo to cripple a wall you can't bypass lol tell me a wall you can't bypass and makes stall cry even more. Tricking a Choice Band into an already transformed Chansey is really cool, as lets nearly every mon beat its own Imposter, just watch out because then if P-Groudon gets Impostered it's gg. U-turn to gain momentum, you'll probably never use it. Some calcs to show P-Groudon's apocalyptic power:
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina in Harsh Sunshine: 394-464 (78.3 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina in Harsh Sunshine: 394-464 (78.3 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Harsh Sunshine: 294-347 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia in Harsh Sunshine: 558-657 (134.1 - 157.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel in Harsh Sunshine: 1002-1178 (275.2 - 323.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shuckle in Harsh Sunshine: 295-348 (120.9 - 142.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle in Harsh Sunshine: 239-282 (97.9 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Sadly I can't calc Thousand Arrows power in the PS! Calc (it doesn't recognize the move ;_;). I know it 2HKOes Giratina (bar physically defensive PH variants, which nobody uses) and Lugia, though. Have you got a Fur Coat user in your team? No? gg.
Groudon-Primal @ Passho Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thousand Waves
- Taunt
- Sacred Fire
This was my stallbreaker P-Groudon. Basically trap something with Thousand Waves, Taunt it, burn it, and watch it die. Turboblaze is chosen to Taunt even Magic Bounce users, however it leaves you open to Water-type attacks, so the Passho Berry is the used item. This set couldn't trap Flying- and Ghost-types, could not stallbreak against a Prankster user, and heavily relied on Toxic Spikes to get past Magic Bounce, thus, I changed it to the Band set.​

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- King's Shield​
Standard PH P-Kyogre. Went King's Shield > Leech Seed because I feel King's Shield has more overall utility in giving me some free recovery, walling every physical mon (most of them are forced out after a drop) and scouting, which is very important in BH as you never know your opponent's moveset. I also chose Steam Eruption > Scald for its extra power. The low PP might be a problem, but most of the time P-Kyogre dies before Steam Eruption's PP is lowered to 0. P-Kyogre is also Imposter-proof, as you can spam Steam Eruption until the opposing Chansey gets burned, then stall it with King's Shield + Quiver Dance. If you are lucky (lucky = Chansey does not get a crit) you've beaten Chansey AND set up. The EVs give P-Kyogre good mixed bulk. I don't need investment in Special Attack or Speed because they are already boosted by Quiver Dance. Send P-Kyogre in a threat it can force out, and set up a Quiver Dance. Scout the foe's switch-in with King's Shield. If it hits the shield, it will likely be forced out. If not, it's an special attacking/defensive mon, so it's set up fodder (watch out for Unaware and Tail Glow users. If it's a Tail Glow user just go to Chansey). Set up another Quiver Dance. King's Shield. Repeat. Try to avoid being so predictable. Once you're at +3 or w/e, start destroying. Either P-Kyogre or Mega Mewtwo Y will need to break through Fur Coat users for P-Groudon.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Sacred Fire​
This guy got its own tier for a reason. This guy is suspected atm for a reason. Well, Mega Rayquaza provides me with a very powerful priority. I went fully physical as I didn't want to lose bulk and mixed variants don't impress me much. Aside from this, its just the standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza. I initially went Knock Off > Sacred Fire, but I needed the coverage against Steel-types and I've got Knock Off on Deoxys-S anyway. Dragon Claw is the only uncommon move. Its just a secondary, reliable STAB against anything that resist Flying bar the aforementioned Steel-types (Registeel), and basically hits Giratina. Save Mega Rayquaza and send it late-game to clean the opposing team. Usually, you'll want to use it as a revenge killer mid-game too.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Spacial Rend
- Magma Storm
- King's Shield​
Protean Mega Mewtwo Y 2HKOes basically everything in BH so its an excellent wallbreaker. Most of the time, P-Groudon and Mega Mewtwo Y will break walls for P-Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza to clean (before changing P-Groudon and Mega Mewtwo Y's movesets, P-Kyogre worked as a wallbreaker. It still does the job very well when you lose both mons too early). This is the standard set: Boomburst nukes everything that doesn't resist it, Spacial Rend for those Giratina that think they can switch in (they get 2HKOed at worst) and Magma Storm for those annoying Shedinja. King's Shield is for scouting and fishing for Attack drops in -ate mons, which otherwise take Mega Mewtwo Y out easily.
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Blue Flare
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore
Pretty simple I think. Just click the attack that hurts the foe's mon the most. Psystrike is STAB and is useful against special walls. Blue Flare incinerates Steel-types. Oblivion Wing has good coverage and is the go-to move when Mega Mewtwo Y is low on health. If you feel something is gonna wall you for days, Spore it. Safety Goggles prevents you from getting asleep if you Spore a Magic Bounce user. The set worked quite well, but Protean's power was just too good too pass up in a HO team.​

So here's the team!
Also, I think you should take a look to the past members (Shuckle).

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Parting Shot
- Rapid Spin
Before using Deoxys-S, Shucky was the lead, as it was bulkier and "faster" than Deoxys-S thanks to Prankster. It is easy to see how it works: set up the hazards and pivot out (Shuckle gained momentum with Parting Shot instead of Dark Void) to avoid being set up fodder as well as saving it for Rapid Spinning later on the match. However using it might prove tricky. You should ask yourself a question: setting Toxic Spikes it is worth those 2 turns? This heavily depends on the opposing team and heavily affected how the team would work. For example, if you set up the Toxic Spikes, you ought to avoid P-Kyogre getting impostered. In fact, this possibility, coupled with the fact Shucky was dead weight against Spore spam or Magic Bounce, and Imposter severily crippling my team if Shucky got copied lead me to replace it with the current lead - Deoxys-S.

How does the team work?

Deoxys-S is Imposter-proof. Just go for Dark Void. If it stays in, Knock Off her valuable Eviolite. If you predict a switch, set up hazards. Don't worry if you lose the Lum Berry in the process - that's why Lum Berry is its item in the first place. The only way Chansey can break through Deoxys-S is if Dark Void misses in the first turn, and then you lose the speed tie and her Dark Void hits (all this happens 6.4% of the time). If Deoxys-S gets asleep, you might have a HUGE problem in your hands. You must risk switching in P-Kyogre or even Mega Rayquaza in hope they don't get Dark Voided (or hit by Knock Off in P-Kyogre's case). Most of the time it's a lost match, though. Remember it just happens 6.4% of the time. You'll probably be OK. And if Chansey imposters and breaks throgh Deoxys-S mid-game, don't worry - send P-Kyogre instead.

Impostered P-Groudon it's difficult to counter but far from impossible. My most reliable answer is Deoxys-S, but don't even bother manually switching in as you'll get wrecked. Mega Mewtwo Y is also a very good answer - you can try and fish for King's Shield drops or just attack it for respectable damage, but again, you can't directly switch in. If both Deoxys-S and Mega Mewtwo Y fainted, you could try with P-Kyogre (using King's Shield) to force it out, but P-Groudon actually WALLS P-Kyogre so you'll need the drop and a ton of boosts to beat it. Mega Rayquaza can revenge kill it but it's not a really good answer overall.

P-Kyogre is the other mon in my team that is actually Imposter-proof. Burn Chansey and stall to death. However this is not that easy - the other player can just switch out or even attempt to break past P-Kyogre. In the first case, it will end up transformed in something else. In the second scenario you'll probably beat it, but if Chansey boosts and gets an untimely, lucky crit, P-Kyogre will die. If this happens, switch in Deoxys-S, and do what I explained above. Another option is to bring in P-Groudon to wall it and spam Thousand Arrows to avoid the King's Shield drops.

If Mega Rayquaza gets impostered, just resort to anything with King's Shield (P-Kyogre and Mega Mewtwo Y). In a pinch, P-Groudon can weaken it for other teammate to revenge kill it. Of course, this involves losing P-Groudon, so it's better to use King's Shield as the go-to solution. The better option for this is P-Kyogre as it can use a -2 impostered Mega Rayquaza as a set up fodder, it's Imposter-proof so there's no problem if Chansey switches out and back in, and hits Mega Rayquaza super-effectively.

Impostered Mega Mewtwo Y is hard to counter, but Deoxys-S checks it well as it is faster. Again, do what I said above, with the bonus of hitting Mega Mewtwo Y for super-effective damage, but NEVER EVER try to Knock Off it right away (remember it carries King's Shield). Your other option if Deoxys-S died is P-Kyogre. In this scenario you should boost with the help of King's Shield for the extra recovery (this time you'll need it to survive) until you end up walling it. Then kill it.

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dark Void
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn
- V-create

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Knock Off

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- King's Shield

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Skill Swap
- Heal Order

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Spacial Rend
- Magma Storm
- King's Shield

So that's all, hope you all liked it! I'll accept any (polite) comment about it!

(Sorry for my English as I'm not a native speaker. I think it's OK)

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hi there! This team works extremely well! You also have a very nice format of post here, which complements the team's greatness.

The only things that I would consider changing are a few moves. When using the team, I never once used U-turn or Switcheroo on P-don (although you do make a good case for Switcheroo in your post). I feel that U-turn never really needs to be used as you nuke everything anyways, and I can't see when U-turn would be better than either STAB attack. For this reason, I would use either Flame Charge (for potential sweeps) or Thousand Waves (for trapping, although that probably wouldn't actually be needed) instead of it.

Other than that, I would consider changing King's Shield to Spiky Shield to more reliably deal with Shedinja, which I found to be a threat to this team. Pixelate Mega Diancie can also be a problem to this team as well.

Hi there! This team works extremely well! You also have a very nice format of post here, which complements the team's greatness.

The only things that I would consider changing are a few moves. When using the team, I never once used U-turn or Switcheroo on P-don (although you do make a good case for Switcheroo in your post). I feel that U-turn never really needs to be used as you nuke everything anyways, and I can't see when U-turn would be better than either STAB attack. For this reason, I would use either Flame Charge (for potential sweeps) or Thousand Waves (for trapping, although that probably wouldn't actually be needed) instead of it.

Other than that, I would consider changing King's Shield to Spiky Shield to more reliably deal with Shedinja, which I found to be a threat to this team. Pixelate Mega Diancie can also be a problem to this team as well.
Thank you so much for your reply!
Actually I do use Switcheroo sometimes, but I agree there's no need to click U-turn. I'll consider the options you listed ^_^
About King's Shield... I have two mons that use it. In which one should I change the move? However, Deoxys-S OHKOes Shedinja, as it bypasses Sturdy. And Mega Mewtwo Y carries Magma Storm to deal with it, but then Shedinja just Baton Passes. In a pinch, P-Kyogre can attempt a burn on it. I don't feel it's an extremely dangerous mon to the team, but can be annoying if given the right support.
But Pixilate Mega Diancie... I never found it was a threat, really. There's P-Groudon, takes little damage from Mega Diancie's attacks, and wrecks it (P-Groudon wrecks anything).
252 Atk Pixilate Mega Diancie Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 33-39 (9.6 - 11.4%) -- possible 9HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Mega Diancie Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 66-78 (19.3 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
4 SpA Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 161-190 (47.2 - 55.7%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
Tank a hit, and OHKO in return (why, WHY I can't calc Thousand Arrows power ;_;). Also Mega Mewtwo Y and P-Kyogre carry King's Shield for this reason. If it hits the shield, it's useless, especially when facing P-Kyogre as it boosts its SpD with Quiver Dance.
All in all, I'll try your suggestions, but I don't think Mega Diancie is a threat (Shedinja is, though).

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
About Switcheroo, I would worry that giving Band to Chansey would make it very threatening when it copies P-don, and that maybe P-don itself wouldn't be as good of a nuke (idk though).

You are probably right about Shedinja, actually, I completely forgot Deoxys's Knock Off bypassed Sturdy lol.

I suppose the team isn't that weak to Mega Diancie, but P-don can only really switch in once, while Mega Ray is completely stopped by it.

About Switcheroo, I would worry that giving Band to Chansey would make it very threatening when it copies P-don, and that maybe P-don itself wouldn't be as good of a nuke (idk though).

You are probably right about Shedinja, actually, I completely forgot Deoxys's Knock Off bypassed Sturdy lol.

I suppose the team isn't that weak to Mega Diancie, but P-don can only really switch in once, while Mega Ray is completely stopped by it.
Well, thanks for pointing that out anyway! Maybe I can change a move somewhere to handle Mega Diancie better.
0 SpA Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 408-482 (169.2 - 200%) -- guaranteed OHKO (can't calc with Steam Eruption but has the same BP)
^ This I point this out?
As I said, I'll try and make room for a Steel-type move or w/e. Thx for all the rates!

EDIT: Added more replays, a proof of the peak and an importable. I also corrected a few errors.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)