Excadrill (Analysis)

It was just saying that Rock Slide did everything Shadow Claw could have ever needed to as the only Ghost-type Pokemon it misses out on with Earthquake are Gengar and useless shit like Rotom.

If people want to use Choice Band Excadrill, pair him up with a Gravity user. He can easily 2hko most of his counters that rely on being Immune to earthquake to counter him. Late game he simply crushes the other team even if they have things that resist it. Excadrill and Physical Wall mew with Gravity over taunt have won me more games than I can count. Just weaken the pokes that resist EQ and its a wrap.

tehy

Banned deucer.
CB excadrill is crazy good, but it's an awesome revenger. Return is nice, but i use rapid spin if there's an obvious gliscor/skarmory/bronzong switchin.(Although i may x-scissor zong depending on the situation.)

Excadrill is able to run its optimal four move coverage in Earthquake, Rock Slide, Return, and X-Scissor. Nothing in the game resists all of these moves
Just a nitpick, nothing in the game resists EQ, Rock Slide, and X-Scissor on their own, although it is much more effective to floating things neutral to Rock Slide and Return with the latter move.

Playtested: Classic Weezing with W'o'W and haze along with defensive EVs is a really good check/counter for excadrill asuming the wisp hits.
Yeah, as mentioned in the analysis, Excadrill will NOT carry Mold Breaker because of how good Sand Rush is. It resists Earthquake and X-Scissor, and won't take much from Rock Slide given its weak base power.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^Weezing is a shaky check due to him relying on a 75% acc move to cripple Excadrill or a 85% acc move to 2HKO and he gets hammered for about 70% by +2 LO Return. Oh, and he has no reliable recovery.

I suppose if he was a good Pokemon in his own right then he could be mentioned but he's not a good enough check to disregard his general suckiness.

Just a thought, but I think Prankster Whimsicott can also be a check to Excadrill to an extent. While Excadrill Dances on the switch, Whimsicott can use priority Encore thanks to Prankster to turn Excadrill into set-up fodder for either itself (SubSeed Cotton Guard anyone?) or a partner.

^Weezing is a shaky check due to him relying on a 75% acc move to cripple Excadrill or a 85% acc move to 2HKO and he gets hammered for about 70% by +2 LO Return. Oh, and he has no reliable recovery.

I suppose if he was a good Pokemon in his own right then he could be mentioned but he's not a good enough check to disregard his general suckiness.
In theory, Weezing is a good check, but in reality, it really isn't, since it's destroyed by a +2 LO Return, and it can really do nothing to Excadrill in return. It could hit it with WoW, but one miss, and it's chow for the two foot steel mole. Most things can't handle Excadrill and its' awesomeness, but if you take away its' sand, there's a chance to be faster then it and revenge kill the frail sweeper, but in the process you could lose one or more of your Pokemon. It's funny how something so tiny can bring so much pain and destruction to the OU (And Uber, possibly) metagame.

Just a thought, but I think Prankster Whimsicott can also be a check to Excadrill to an extent. While Excadrill Dances on the switch, Whimsicott can use priority Encore thanks to Prankster to turn Excadrill into set-up fodder for either itself (SubSeed Cotton Guard anyone?) or a partner.
Whimsicott can do that to anything without Magic Mirror or a faster Prankster user. Magic Coat users too I guess. Something that universal doesn't really need to be mentioned.

Good point. That one is a million times more reliable though because it has Recover and doesn't have to do all of its damage with Leech Seed. Whimsicott can produce somewhat similar results if you pull it off well though.

The main problem is Whimsicott can't revenge kill powerful sweepers, so yeah its different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)