--===Eternal UU Stall Team===--

Eternal UU Stall Team

Team Overview:

Introduction:
Well, I have stopped battling OU a lot ever since Platinum came up and everything became decentralized in Scizor, Skymin, Zapdos, etc...​

So I was bored one day... which is today... and thought about making an UU stall team which I have been wanting to make one since UU stall teams are very hard to make, that is by its viabilty and ability to adhere all stalling elements.​

So, with the addition of some Platinum move tutor moves and the newcomers to UU I believe I have succeeded in making a viable UU team. So far this team has reach a 90% winning streak (18/20), but I'm just starting to be able to get used to it. Statistics will increase.​

So I will now explain how well this team covers many of these elements and uses it to become a very credible UU stall team.​

In Depth:

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252/0/0/32/0/224/
Nature: Careful (Sp.Def +, Sp.Atk -)
  • Heal Bell
  • Milk Drink
  • Stealth Rock
  • Body Slam
Description: Utility Milktank. Not many people have tried using this beast in Stall. It is an amazing staller gaining access to Milk Drink at a reasonable speed. While having Heal Bell to replenish status conditions. And Stealth Rock for support. Body Slam has a nice 30% accuracy in paralyzing. Not to mention Scrappy allowing me to inflict damage on Ghost types. Making this utility excellent.

EVs and Nature: Well you might wonder why I am consuming so much EVs on Sp.def instead of Def. Truth is, if you looked at the UU tier how many physical Pokemons would you let an Utility Miltank stay on? Very few. While the main threats would be countering Rotoms, Drifblims, and other Ghosts. And Milktank with Def EVs is a terrible counter to many UU psychical threats, such as: Hitmontop, Primeape, Hitmonlee, Toxicroak, etc. Thus, having an exceptionally high Sp.def will provide me sustain many Sp.atkers thus making it viable Special Wall.

Team Work: The main concept of this Pokemon is to set up Stealth Rock and replenish my other Pokemon's status condition.

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252/0/252/0/0/4/
Nature: Adamant
  • Substitute
  • Leech Seed
  • Spikes
  • Focus Punch
Description: SubSeeder + Spikes? Yes, and a very lethal one. This allows to to set up Spikes and Leech Seeding any foe. While Sucker Punch + STAB becomes very helpful at times.

EVs and Nature: The the EVs were designated to be bulky in order to take damage very well. Athough I have equally distributed the EVs in Sp.def and Def. Which I would want your help in specifying to me which is more viable in the UU envionment.

Team Work: Its main purpose is to set up Spikes and conjure health with Leech Seed, while being shielded by Substitute. All summed up in one sentence for your simplicity.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
252/0/144/0/64/50/
Nature: Calm
  • Rest
  • Toxic
  • Rapid Spin
  • Aqua Jet
Description: The main concept for this beast is Toxic Stall being able to induce Toxic and replenish any contradictory supporting moves. Rest can be easily accompied by Milktank's Heal Bell, if needed. While Aqua Jet is intended to mainly stop Ninetales from ruining my fun.

EVs and Nature: Adamant was given to enhance its Atk and being able to do enough damage to finish off some common UU Pokemons, like Ninetales. And given max Def to take physical damages well and induce toxic.

Team Work: Basically is replenishes SR, Spikes, Toxic Spikes from crippling my walls. While being able to take off SR, my Articuno benefits a lot.

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252/0/252/0/14/0/
  • Trick
  • Will-o-wisp
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt
Description: I love how awesome this set, created by me... with my stalling tactics... work so well. This guy is bulky, reasonably high Sp.atk, a Trickster, and can heal. Pretty awesome.

EVs and Nature: Bold, in order to bulky it up a notch and take reasonable damage from common physical Pokemons in the UU environment. Mostly it gets hit by Stone Edge a lot since Fighting moves aren't tangible to it. It's Sp.atk EVs allows it to reach a 95 base Sp.atk. Which is awesome due to Thunderbolt + Shadow Ball + STAB.

Teamwork: It can Trick a Pokemon and can heal with Rest, being accompanied by Milktank's Heal Bell. And resising opponent's Rapid Spin. No stopping my stall!

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252/0/0/216/40/0/
Nature: Timid
  • Substitute
  • Roost
  • Toxic
  • Roar
Description: Known as the monstrous SubRoost Pressure staller of the UU environment. As I believe, Caelum first introduced this beast if I'm not mistaken. As defined by Smogon Dex:

This set is horribly annoying for any opponent to face in UU. Articuno's solid defenses allow it to switch in with relative ease, force a switch, and then put up a Substitute. From there, Articuno can simply Toxic the opponent and continually Substitute and Roost until Toxic takes its toll. Add Pressure into the mix to drain away the PP of moves such as Stone Edge or Fire Blast and your opponent will find this Articuno incredibly difficult to take down.
While you might think the abundant number of Poison-type Pokemon in the UU tier would seem to reduce the efficacy of this set, this is entirely false. The most common Poison-type Pokemon in the UU tier often have a secondary typing that leave them being hit for super-effective damage from Articuno's STAB Ice Beam. Those that aren't hit for super effective damage are either 2HKO'd by Ice Beam or can be PP stalled with Pressure. Casual observation also may lead one to believe that this set is completely walled by Steel-type Pokemon, such as Aggron or Probopass, however this also is false. Articuno is faster than every Steel-type in the UU tier, meaning it is perfectly able to defeat them by PP stalling with Pressure. This set also works fantastically with Spikes and Stealth Rock on the field, since you will have the ability to cause many switches as your opponent attempts to thwart this vicious cycle.
The given Speed EVs allow Articuno to outrun maximum speed Grumpig, enabling Articuno to hit it with Toxic before it can use Substitute. The remaining EVs were placed into HP and then Special Attack. Pouring 252 EVs into Speed will allow Articuno to at worst tie with Pokemon that have a base Speed of 85 and a positive nature. The large Speed investment is important to the success of the set since Articuno needs to outrun the majority of threats and either Substitute or Roost accordingly to effectively Toxic and PP stall. However, if a more defensive spread is desired, 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe with a Bold nature is also a viable spread and still allows Articuno to outrun neutral nature base 75 Speed Pokemon, such as Absol.​
Instead of Ice Beam I have placed Roar in order to phaze and be able to take advantage of Spikes + SR. As Ice Beam as a low significance. As the majority of Steelix have Rest and are able to take Ice Beam very well.

Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252/0/252/0/4/0/
  • Wish
  • Protect
  • Toxic
  • Psychic
Description: My third Toxic Staller. This doesn't just provide me with Toxic Stall, but also provides me Wish Support. Making it an excellent Pokemon, taking advantage with Toxic and Wish with Protect. While my other walls benefit from it.

EVs and Nature: Most people think of Hypno as a Special Wall, but I see no intention of it being a special wall while it has awesome HP and can be a reasonably fighting counter. It can easily counter many common fighting Pokemons; such as: Hitmontop, Primeape, Hitmonee, Hitmonchap, Toxicroak, etc.

Teamwork: Basically providing me with Wish support while inducing Toxic. And benefitting from both with Protect. Also, negating the fighting weakness of the team it possesses.

Conclusion:
I have explained to you all the elements of stall that contribute to successfully and viably create this team. Now I would like your opinion in helping me to further improve this team if there are any way. I would like to explain why I did not intend to place a Toxic Spiker in this team. One reason, the UU Pokemons that provide Toxic Spikes are not viable to contribute my stall. Another reason, Toxic Spikes are easily negated in UU due to the widespread of many Poison Type UU Pokemons. Anyways, I will accept any opinion that is viable and logical to enhance this team. I also hope this team has intrigued you and has given you many thoughts about the UU environment as it differs no less from OU.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Just a few quick pointers on your EVs:

Your Blastoise is currently Adamant with 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def. If you were to run Impish with 252 HP / 84 Atk / 144 Def you would have the same spread with 30 EVs remaining.

Your Rotom is Bold with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA. Swap that over to Modest with 252 HP / 80 Def / 148 SpA you would have the same spread with 30 EVs remaining.

Can you explain to me why Nidoqueen is not on this team. MixManetric hurts you a lot and Nidoqueen could help with that.

This is a solid team. I've been staring at it for five minutes and can't see a glaring weakness. That said, I find that stall in UU is very hard to play as you have said. How is this team played? You don't really have an endgame cleaner so finishing off steel types such as probopass and steelix will be challenging as they are immune to toxic and resistant to stealth rocks.

To remedy this, I think you should put a ninetails over somthing to finish the game once everything has been worn into the ground. Maybe replace rotom as it seems to be the least useful. Also hypno can cover your fighting weak.

I also see a slight specs glaceon weak, as it can 2hko your entire team with prediction between hp fighting, and ice beam. Although, stealth rock wears it down, when comboed with a spinner that can ko rotom on the switch, it could slowly pick off your pokes one at a time. Ninetails would also help this problem as it is resistant to ice beam.

Hope I helped
-chaos 9

Have you considered using Focus Punch over Sucker Punch on Cacturne.

Sucker Punch: 80BP +40for stab = 120bp at 8 pp, only works if the opponent uses an attacking move (although I'll grant that with a sub up that's more likely), and only hits Ghosts and Psychics for SE damage, which Rotoms shadowball already does.

Focus Punch: 120BP at 20+pp, is unstoppable with a sub up, and hits Steel and Ice type pokemon for SE damage, two types not currently well covered by the rest of your team.

Just a few quick pointers on your EVs:

Your Blastoise is currently Adamant with 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def. If you were to run Impish with 252 HP / 84 Atk / 144 Def you would have the same spread with 30 EVs remaining.

Your Rotom is Bold with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA. Swap that over to Modest with 252 HP / 80 Def / 148 SpA you would have the same spread with 30 EVs remaining.
Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Sorry, but this team has some massive weaknesses. If you have played UU before, you should know the most common UU's are Steelix and Swellow.

First of all, you don't have ANYTHING AT ALL to hurt Steelix. Your only option would be tricking it with Rotom, and thats it. You shoudn't switch in Articuno either, since it has a 4x weak to Stone Edge.

When you use a Toxic-Stall team, you need to watch out for Poison and Steel types. Making your Blastiose special would help, since stuff like Ninetales can't hurt it all that much anyway.

Changes I recommend:

-Make Blastoise a Special Attacker, and consider Ice Beam over Toxic to hurt common Swellow.

-You could change your Rotom set into something like this:

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Atk.
Moveset: Light Screen, Reflect, Thunderbolt, Will-O-Wisp.

Basically used for team support with screens, cripples physical attackers with WoW running a decent speed stat, and using Thunderbolt as a STAB attacking move. This set can easily cripple Steelix as well, with Burn + Reflect it's just a matter of time before it goes down.

I hope this helped, and do something about that Steelix weak.

EDIT: Focus Punch on Cacturn is not gonna help beating Steelix, since it will get Roared away before it actually does damage.

@Choas 9, I can't seem to fit Ninetales in this team, so as SuperAlan suggested Focus Punch on Cacturne should clear the Steel type Pokemons.

Sorry, but this team has some massive weaknesses. If you have played UU before, you should know the most common UU's are Steelix and Swellow.

First of all, you don't have ANYTHING AT ALL to hurt Steelix. Your only option would be tricking it with Rotom, and thats it. You shoudn't switch in Articuno either, since it has a 4x weak to Stone Edge.

When you use a Toxic-Stall team, you need to watch out for Poison and Steel types. Making your Blastiose special would help, since stuff like Ninetales can't hurt it all that much anyway.

Changes I recommend:

-Make Blastoise a Special Attacker, and consider Ice Beam over Toxic to hurt common Swellow.

-You could change your Rotom set into something like this:

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Atk.
Moveset: Light Screen, Reflect, Thunderbolt, Will-O-Wisp.

Basically used for team support with screens, cripples physical attackers with WoW running a decent speed stat, and using Thunderbolt as a STAB attacking move. This set can easily cripple Steelix as well, with Burn + Reflect it's just a matter of time before it goes down.

I hope this helped, and do something about that Steelix weak.

EDIT: Focus Punch on Cacturn is not gonna help beating Steelix, since it will get Roared away before it actually does damage.
In the contrary, Rotom itself is able to take Steelix one on one. While I have changed Cacturne to a Focus Puncher.

And Swellow is easily taken care of by Rotom.

Also, that is your opinion to state Swellow is commonly used. Although, statistically it ranks 16 | Swellow | 2618

In the contrary, Rotom itself is able to take Steelix one on one. While I have changed Cacturne to a Focus Puncher.

And Swellow is easily taken care of by Rotom.
Tricking Steelix being your option is defenitely not gonna be enough. This means that when you trick something else and Steelix comes in, you're screwed. As I already said, Focus Punching Cacturne gets roared away before it can deal any damage.

Tricking Steelix being your option is defenitely not gonna be enough. This means that when you trick something else and Steelix comes in, you're screwed. As I already said, Focus Punching Cacturne gets roared away before it can deal any damage.
Rotom is able to take out Steelix without Trick. While Steelix can do no harm in my team, but letting me set up easily with Spikes, SR, and Roar. There is no harm done to me. A weakness is something that can harm a team, or that is in my definition. While Steelix can stall out by my team. Anything stalled out is not a weakness.

As soon as you try to Roar, you get OHKO'd by a Stone Edge. Shadow Ball is not gonna do crap, even with Specs. Steelix has a 4x resistance to SR. Your only move to hit it NEUTRALLY, is a 40 Base Power PHYSICAL attack.

Of course, this is up to you. I just completely disagree.

As soon as you try to Roar, you get OHKO'd by a Stone Edge. Shadow Ball is not gonna do crap, even with Specs. Steelix has a 4x resistance to SR. Your only move to hit it NEUTRALLY, is a 40 Base Power PHYSICAL attack.

Of course, this is up to you. I just completely disagree.
I guess I'll just make Blastoise a Sp.Atker with Surf. And add a lot of Sp.def. While making Rotom more bulkyin Def EVs.

Oh and btw, Roar enforces me to use Focus Punch without Substitute.

While I see you put Focus Punch on your Cacturne, but chose to take off leech seed instead of sucker punch.

In the interest of stalling, Leech seed would be a much better option than Sucker Punch. Leech seed would allow you to easier take care of steelix by giving you the ability to continually sap his health.

Sucker Punch isn't really a good choice on a stalling Cacturne. The only thing it really hits are ghosts and psychics, which won't stay in on cacturne anyway. The only thing I could see it being good for hitting would be a Grumpig with Signal Beam or Focus Blast, in which case Grumpig would most likely predict the Sucker Punch and calm mind when you try and use it until it runs out of PP.

I'd also reccomend putting Will-o-Wisp somewhere on Rotom, most likely over Rest. With Hyno acting as a wish passer, not every one of your pokemon needs rest, especially since you would normally switch to miltank to undo the rest and then switch back, when it would be just as good (and possibly better due to attacks on an incoming switch) to just switch hypno, wish, and then switch back. Will-O-Wisp would also allow you a status effect that can cause Steels and poison types to constantly loose hp and cripple physical attackers.

While I see you put Focus Punch on your Cacturne, but chose to take off leech seed instead of sucker punch.

In the interest of stalling, Leech seed would be a much better option than Sucker Punch. Leech seed would allow you to easier take care of steelix by giving you the ability to continually sap his health.

Sucker Punch isn't really a good choice on a stalling Cacturne. The only thing it really hits are ghosts and psychics, which won't stay in on cacturne anyway. The only thing I could see it being good for hitting would be a Grumpig with Signal Beam or Focus Blast, in which case Grumpig would most likely predict the Sucker Punch and calm mind when you try and use it until it runs out of PP.

I'd also reccomend putting Will-o-Wisp somewhere on Rotom, most likely over Rest. With Hyno acting as a wish passer, not every one of your pokemon needs rest, especially since you would normally switch to miltank to undo the rest and then switch back, when it would be just as good (and possibly better due to attacks on an incoming switch) to just switch hypno, wish, and then switch back. Will-O-Wisp would also allow you a status effect that can cause Steels and poison types to constantly loose hp and cripple physical attackers.
Yes, very nice idea. I kept Sucker Punch instead of Leech Seed since I didn't want things like Swellow on my back. But your point of view changed my mind. I can see how WoW would benefit my team over Rest, so I'll change that. Although I don't like how it takes over the Toxic stall. While it is still viable to the Toxic resisting Pokemons.

By the way, Toxic Spikes are completely viable in UU. In the UU tier, despite there being a ton of poison types, no-one uses them, with the exception of Drapion. Vileplume, Venesaur, and Drapion are the only things that can really take them, and Ice Beam hits the former two, and Earthquake hits Drapion. :/

By the way, Toxic Spikes are completely viable in UU. In the UU tier, despite there being a ton of poison types, no-one uses them, with the exception of Drapion. Vileplume, Venesaur, and Drapion are the only things that can really take them, and Ice Beam hits the former two, and Earthquake hits Drapion. :/
Misuse of "completely."

You just answered to yourself why Toxic Spikes is not viable.

Also, I've improved this team a lot and will post the improved version soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)