Entertainment Epic Rap Battles of Pokemon #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

Here's hoping our second edition of PokeRap Battles gets the thumbs up! I believe our first PokeRap Battle article was nothing but a success, being #1 on the poll so far. People seem to enjoy it as far as I know, which is a good sign. We're not sure on the topic for this one. We might do dogs vs cats or drizzle vs drought, we're still thinking about it.

The problem with this, however, is that Plus also wants to do his own rap article for this issue and would rather it not get shelved and pushed every issue. But we also don't want to push PokeRap Battles either, since people enjoy it and I'd rather us not wait two+ months for us to work on it again. The question I'm asking I guess is if you guys are willing to have two rap articles in only this one issue. I understand that it's rather unnecessary to have two raps, but it's not like the material is going to be similar. Plus's rap focuses on Smogon events and certain users, which not everyone is able to relate with, while PokeRap Battles is just two Pokemon themes duking it out.

Thanks for considering and I will completely understand whatever decisions you come up with regarding this. Cheers!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't mind having more than one rap per issue. I don't think anyone does, lol. Let's move forward with this.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think anyone does, lol.
>:V

but yeah

20:51 <Fuzznip> Hey Bummer, just wondering. would you allow plus's smogon rap and pokerap battles in one issue?
21:10 <Bummer> my opinion from last time still applies
21:10 <Bummer> ie only one rap article in one issue imo
21:10 <Bummer> feel free to apply though, maybe the other staff members think differently

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My only issue is that we're going to end up with loads of entertainment articles this issue and very little of everything else in comparison. I'm cool with multiple rap battles per issue but yeah my only issue is the entertainment articles piling up. :x Idk we could hold off to see if there's more non-entertainment, maybe?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are indeed a couple of entertainment articles right now. However, reception for the previous rap article has been pretty good so I'd lean towards yes to 2 raps in an issue. So haha I have no conclusive decision for me~

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't mind more than one rap an issue either, but the number of entertainment articles currently may be an issue.

... maybe the number of entertainment articles... really isn't a problem? Sure, it may look weird seeing the entertainment (and honestly the other features part too, it has a lot of articles) section, but that just means there's a lot of content there! I think as long as there's a similar amount of other feature articles to rival entertainment for this issue (which there is), it should look okay. I'm counting 7 OFs (one not posted but approved, and one other possible one that we haven't looked at yet) and 6 Es atm (8 Es with this one and one other waiting to be posted in AW).

I honestly am okay with this. I want to know if the others are okay sooo I'll sadly wait more on that.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I don't see the issue with having a boatload of entertainment articles, it's not like all of the entertainment articles apply to the same readers, or metagame stuff either.

Plus the last rap was really good,,,,,

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm cool if it seems like stuff's balanced category-wise in regards to Flora's post, seems it's up to Bummer then!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My opinion has not changed but since everyone else is positive about it then the article can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)