ORAS OU Enter Morkvarg

I love big, bad and hungry wolves and as someone might know, Morkvarg it is one of those. But the Pokémons are generally cute and cuddly...then we will have to use a little bit of imagination, okay?

Now let's take Absol, imagine it is less sweet and what do we get? Exactly! A mad, dark wolf!

That's why I decided to build a team around him, very simple right?

Oh well, let's move on...

Once I chose the star of this group I have had to deal with its fragility so I tried to balance the team so that it can support and protect what could be a war machine under the right circumstances.

So here we have:

Morkvarg (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

This beast is capable of doing so much damage, even with this Set. In fact, as you can see I am using a Mixed one because it allows me to cover some gaps that Team unfortunately leaves. Particularly the possibility to use Ice Beam. This move is very useful because it allows me to take off guard Mons like Landorus-T and Garchomp that being in front of a Pokémon so fragile usually they do not expect to be knocked out. Doing so may I take off the true potential of Absol but maybe you can find a solution.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Here we are facing the first guy that will support Absol and obviously it is not a new face. The fact is that it is a very complete Mon. He takes and returns the blows, sets Hazards (something that Absol loves!) and with this set also resists a Latios' LO Draco Meteor. Which comes in handy because often, seeing him, Latis comes to get it off and remove the rocks.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Here we have Her Majesty: the pink bubblegum! Also known as "the other wall". What's more it is able to paralyze opponents for our Wolf and keep in check a lot of bad guys around this Tier. substantially she is useful and annoying in and for any team. I think there is little else to say...

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Surf

Power and control in a single airpla...Pokémon! The only hazards that need to be on the field are the mine, its STAB do a lot of damage to almost all those who get in his way and Surf helps me to bother Tyranitar and generally those who do not love Water moves. Plus it is always good to have a minimum of coverage and usually I do not use Latios with Roost because he has to get in, remove the rocks/spikes/do damage and get out.

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My Steel trapper and part of the Volturn Core. Plus it has a decent special attack and thanks to the Chople Berry it is able to annoy Pokémon as Lopunny and Medicham. For this reason I am undecided whether or not to use the Yellow Magic on him. Another alternative could be, however, Scarf Magneton for the speed.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Last but not least, this guy completes the Volturn Core (Absol likes to get into the field without taking too many damage as you know), he goes out when he wants and he's always in shape when he gets in, ready to give blows to anyone thanks to the LO. Perfect coverage to complete the team and fix some weaknesses on both sides.

And this completes my group of cute little monsters. Unfortunately I am conscious that it is not perfect but it brought me above 1500 (24-64), a number that I had never attained even if, for many players, it is not so high. And I think it can do even better with your help and or your considerations.

However, what worries me most at the moment is that funny guy:

Between different Mons that come to mind to me, he is definitely the most dangerous and I am not sure how to keep it at bay.

So, this concludes my RMT. Still it is not perfect, maybe there are some grammatical errors and it can still be improved, but I hope I have made at least the bare minimum to make it understandable.

In the hope of answers, I leave here the Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/dtRAcgvN

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey, nice team you has here, I like your idea of using Mega Absol coupled with a volturn core to maximize his offensive skills, after making a detailed analysis of the team's weakness i noticed that Fighting types such as Mega Medicham and Mega Lopunny give a lot of discomfort to your team reasoning that Landorus-t and Clefable can not take repeated hits from the aforementioned Pokemons, afterwards, your team is proves to be very weak to birds such as Tornadus-therian and Mega Pinsir that are able to beat both Magnezone and Landorus-t, also setup sweepers such as SubSeed Serperior and CM Flamethrower Clefable can give hard time to all your team's members, at last i'd like to mention that your team suffers Sand offense teams, the only answer to these teams is Landorus, which is put underpressure by many common members of these teams, such as Keldeo and Manaphy. My rate will try to cover these threats keeping the team idea.

>

First of all, this build is too weak to birds, and your Magnezone can not take Heat Waves from Tornadus-T and +2 CCs from mega Pinsir, then I'd suggest to use Rotom-w over Magnezone , mega absol highly appreciate the ability to Rotom-w to eliminate bulky and offensive grounds such as Landorus, hippo and Excadrill, also it can spread burns to the opposing team as well as to facilitate a sweep of mega Absol, with the removal of Magnezone and with the addition of Rotom-w the team has become much more solid against Azumarill but weaker to other fairy pokemons such as Clefable, mega Gardevoir, and it is from this new weakness that is created which comes next change.

>

Given the weakness to fairy types aforementioned with the removal of Magnezone, i'd suggest to use Heatran over Tornadus-t, Heatran ensures a good check of Clefable and mega Scizor that are troublesome for the team, also its a good switch for grass types as Serperior and mega Venusaur, I suggest you to use a specially defensive spread, so as to take more special hits as possible. the set is standard, for the 4th slot i'd suggest using Protect, since you don't need Toxic on it to cripple water types as slowbro, slowking, that are already pressured a lot by Rotom and mega Absol, Protect provides a good way to scout choiced mons and ensure a free passive recovery that can be useful to avoid some damage rolls.

Since the team proves to be very weak to Weavile, mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham, I suggest you use this spread: 216 HP | 228 Def | 64 SpD , with a Bold nature for taking better HjK's from mega Medicham and mega Lopunny and Icicle crash from Weavile, 216 evs in hp allows clefable to recovery more health using Soft-boiled , the rest in bulk to maximise its defensive capabilities, finally, putting 7 ivs on speed is highly recommended to avoid the 2hko from ferrothorn's Gyro ball.

~ Small changes ~

I feel that your team is lacking a true wincon, and actually your current mega Absol set is really weak, i'd suggest to use SD+ 3 attacks over your mixed set, this set can put a lot of pressure to psychic types than your current set, the set should be: Swords dance | Knock off | Sucker Punch | SuperPower, Superpower allows Absol to get easier time against Bisharp and Tyranitar, and against steels as Ferrothorn and Heatran.

At last, as Heatran has become our rocker, I would suggest to use Toxic over Stealth rock, i prefer Toxic on Landorus than toxic Tran in this build because he can poison pokemons like Tangrowth and bulky waters type such as Slowbro, Slowking and Rotom-w at the same time, thus helping Absol for a potential sweep.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 228 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

With these changes your team has become much more synergistic and compact while maintaining the original idea, after all, the team still suffers many threats such as Mega gardevoir, but you can check it with Absol, and paralyze it too with Clefable, also mega diancie is a big problem for the team, but it can be played around with landorus, rotom and heatran (scouting its set with protect), hope i've helped and good luck with your team :toast:

~ Sun

Last edited:
Hey, thanks a lot Sun!

I absolutely love the changes.

The fact that you kept the original concept but made it more solid it's great.

Reactions: Sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)