Dysfunctional (Peaked #25 2767)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
So when Entei hit, I decided to build a team that used him. I wanted to optimize synergy around him and just be able to abuse the sheer ridiculousness that is Sacred Fire to its fullest.

Team at a Glance

The team in itself doesn't look so strange until you realize one crucial fact: There is no Steel on this team. Not even a Fairy. There are 0 Dragon resists here. While just at a glance, you couldn't tell, but there's not even a Scarfer either. This team has access to priority, but it's generally slow, is missing key resistances, and simply is lacking structure that you need to build a proper team. The team is Dysfunctional. But somewhere in this madness, a little magic happens, and in it... the team thrives.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze

Entei is the center of the team. The Choice Band set is by far the best of his options. Sacred Fire is of course, the star of the show, being able to 2HKO much of the metagame when it burns, and crippling any physical attacker that tries to come in on it. This monster is capable of 2HKOing non-physically defensive Rotom-W after SR if you get the burn, which is a pretty good testament to how strong it is. Bulldoze is great for Heatran, and ESpeed just turns Entei into a win condition late game, never underestimate the power of a Banded Espeed. Stone Edge is the least used move on the set, since it's really only useful for when you need neutral coverage and need to make safe moves (usually late-game when Espeed can't kill). Investment is straightforward, max spe because I never want to get outsped by non-scarf Rotom-W.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 64 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lando-T here has the most bizarre EV spread I have ever found myself putting on a Pokemon. I would go over all the benefits of this spread, but like most genius EV spreads, I've completely forgotten what the investment is for. Just trust me that it's the best spread ever.

But yeah, Lando-T is one of the best, if not the best pivot in the entire game. Intimidate is key for this team to check offensive threats, and getting up Rocks is as important as ever. Moves are fairly obvious, and HP Ice because fuck other lando.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

I added Starmie for 2 reasons. 1 was for a FWG core with Entei, the other is because Rapid Spin. Also because Tentacruel sucks and I don't need more ground weaknesses. Starmie is amazing in this meta, even with the base power nerfs of special moves you're still generally able to smash through a lot of things with Starmie's amazing coverage, and it's proven as a crucial way to break through physically defensive threats like Gliscor that this team otherwise would be iffy against.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak

I wanted to complete the FWG core, and during initial teambuilding I used Mega Venusaur to do it. After thinking about it for a bit, I realized the importance of a Ground Resist in a core with Entei, as well as the addition of more status support and a Ghost type for the team. In the end, this thing has been incredibly useful. It doesn't eat up the precious mega slot (which TTar is way too good to drop), the health Support from Leech Seed is amazing for other team members, and Shadow Sneak has pulled through to win tons of games.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 Atk / 108 HP / 168 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Honestly, I added this to the team just because I wanted to try out the AV set, without really caring much for synergy. In the end, AV Conk is such a monster it worked anyways. Something that eats VoltTurn for breakfast (especially Rotom-W and Gene) is great. Knock Off is the stupidest move in the game, being high BP vs everything coming in and just stripping items, and is part of what makes Conk so good on ths team. Drain Punch/Mach Punch/Ice Punch pretty standard (I've considered switching to TPunch a few times because Azu is a whore vs this team though) and the EVs are slightly weird. I wanted some more balanced bulk while still getting as much SpD as possible, so I dropped some Atk to just get this thing to live forever.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

I highly underestimated DD MegaTar before using it on this team. I rarely ever had issues with it, and on paper, it just doesn't seem that good, but this thing is an absolute monster. A small thing I've done with this team up to this point: All other 5 members of this team have some way to cripple or kill Lando-T, and to some extent, Gliscor and Hippo. Most of that just came with the team as I built it, but I moved from Stone Edge to HP Ice on Lando in order to ensure this was the case. This was so I could drop Aqua Tail and just carry EQ, so I could much more easily beat down Aegislash, non-scarf Terrakion (100% of the time), and a few other smaller threats. With the rest of the team making Lando-T's life hell, it's very hard to keep it alive for a TTar check, and it helps TTar be that much more powerful for this team. Its capability to sweep is unreal, and with the opposing team crippled and burned, along with its titanic defenses, it's incredibly difficult to stop. The team may have been for Entei, but this is the MVP.

Major Threats

Mega Mawile- You'd think Entei could check this. You'd be wrong. 2HKO'd by Play Rough -> Sucker Punch, without Rocks. You're pretty fucked vs this thing. All you can do is outplay Sucker Punch and go for double switches on it with Entei or Lando, really. Gets free switches in on Conk too, which is not fun.

Azumarill- Not BD that set is so easy to get around lol. Choice Band is pretty hell if you guess wrong and do something like switch Gourgeist in on Play Rough. It just hurts like hell and the team just doesn't have the best answers for it.

Mega Medicham- If you don't see the pattern at this point: things that hit like freight trains can be an issue. This isn't really a "major" threat, but is someone plays Medicham very, very well... the team isn't going to be able to do a whole lot against it. It's fairly easy to outplay cham, but it CAN get really ugly, so just watch out.

Greninja- Good luck vs this thing lol. You'll win as long as the opposing player has a stroke or heart attack during the game or something and loses by time. Incredibly difficult to play around, just hope to god nobody competent is using this thing. Even bad players can make this thing fuck you up. Entei Espeed, TTar's ability to tank 1 hit, and Conk's special bulk (vs non-Extrasensory variants) are just about all you've got vs this, and none of them can really switch in.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 64 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 Atk / 108 HP / 168 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

I'll encourage people to steal the team because everyone I've given it to sucks at it and I wanna see if anyone else can actually use this team lol

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
is this the greatest lando-t spread of all time (that doesnt outspeed breloom) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)