Duo Destruction XY

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
approved by macle
Introduction

Hello, fellow LC players!

We're bringing back Duo Destruction! Here is last generation's if you need to brush up on what you need to do. Good luck to all!

The Goal

The object of the game is to post the best possible Pokemon that counters the duo posted by me at the start of every round. By posting 1 or 2 Pokemon that counters the duo, we will obtain knowledge of the metagame and you will gain points. Another aspect of the game is to prevent the other players from getting points, and this is done by proving in this thread that their post does not counter the duo as well as they say it does.

Logistics

The rules:
  • You are to post 2 Pokemon or 1 Pokemon that counter(s) the above core single handedly. Needing SR, Rapid Spin, or Dual Screens support greatly hurts your argument and will likely prevent you from getting points.
  • Post the complete set(s) of your Pokemon, including EVs, nature, item, and moveset.
  • Do not include a Pokemon in your post that has already been used this round.
  • Post reasoning and how you will play your Pokemon against the above core. If you can't prove to us that your Pokemon counter(s) the above, then you will not get points for it.
  • Feel free to question someone's post with reasoning / calcs if you believe they are incorrect, this could prevent them from getting points.
  • People will get points at the end of the round based on if I feel their Pokemon really does counter the above core.
  • I reserve the right to take off points for using Pokemon/sets that are completely competitively unviable. Feel free to do what you need to counter, but don't be too ridiculous.
  • If you use animated sprites/models I will cut you. (blaraedit: please use animated sprites/models)
Scoring:
  • If you post 1 Pokemon that counters the above core, you will get 2 points for that round.
  • If you post 2 Pokemon that counters the above core, you will get 1 point for that round.
  • If your post does not actually counter the core as deemed by the community, you will get no points. I will have the final say on this.

Remember: a counter must be able to switch in on any move from either Pokemon and win no matter what moves the duo uses.
Thanks for your time! Good luck competitors! A new round will be posted every 5 days to a week in order to ensure adequate time to formulate a core and tear down the others' cores.

credit to Ray Jay and iss for the concept and OP

Alphose_Eric - 5
Punchshroom - 3
apt-get - 2
Amp Pharaohs - 2
Goddess Briyella - 2
TCR - 2
Rowan - 2
Obvious Power - 2
Corporal Levi - 2
fitzy72 - 1
Ecna - 1
Max Carvalho - 1

Goldland - 1
sparktrain - 1
Champion Fizz - 1
Rocketpro8717 - 0
kingmidas - 0
blarajan - 0
Flamer - 0
Aaron's Aron - 0

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

Here's the first duo:

Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Clear Smog
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Good luck!

Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 68 HP / 212 Def / 180 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Counters the duo more passively because toxic and sticky hold will eventually give a way to beat lickitung and eventually koffing. Will-o-Wisp is annoying from koffing, but scald will weaken koffing eventually, as long as you time your recovers right to not increase pain splits effectiveness.

Last edited:
Might as well give this a try

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Spe / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

This set completely fucks over this core with a combination of Status immunity, easy set up opportunity and Knock Off utility. Basically bring the mon in on Licki and set up a bulk up, should he switch into Koffing, continue to set up and eventually Knock Off, sweeping the duo from that point. The best part about this set it that it deals with many threatening LC mons, including the prominent Pawniard.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
Level 5
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power / Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Shell Smash

As far as Lickitung goes, there is nothing it can do to hurt Omanyte. It can knock off its Eviolite, but even without it Lickitung can't do any damage to it with only Knock Off. It can't stall Omanyte either, as all Wish + Protect does is let it set up.

Koffing doesn't really pose a threat to Omanyte either. It takes little from Clear Smog and Fire Blast, and it doesn't mind the burn from Will-O-Wisp since it is a special attacking sweeper. Omanyte uses Substitute to block Clear Smog's stat clearance effect and give it an extra turn or two to set up, and from there Omanyte can set up Shell Smash and proceed to sweep.

Basically, if Lickitung is the one in when Omanyte switches in, the core is swept. Omanyte Shell Smashes as it uses Knock Off or switches, and proceeds to dish out heavy damage. Even if they switch to Koffing and try to Clear Smog, Omanyte just outspeeds next turn and KOs it. The opponent really has no chance if their Koffing and Lickitung is up against Omanyte.

Even without an Eviolite, they still won't be doing much more damage to Omanyte.
0 Atk Lickitung Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. -1 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Omanyte: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 59.1% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Koffing Clear Smog vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Omanyte: 2-3 (9.5 - 14.2%) -- possible 7HKO
0 SpA Koffing Fire Blast vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Omanyte: 1-1 (4.7 - 4.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

196+ SpA Omanyte Surf vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 196+ SpA Omanyte Surf vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 196+ SpA Omanyte Surf vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung: 15-18 (53.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt

Looking at this logically, Scraggy has the offensive capability to take out either of these Pokemon pretty easily. Zen Headbutt 3HKOs Koffing while Drain Punch 2HKOs Lickitung, both calcs being done unboosted.

Then there's the matter of Scraggy coming in. So calcs or effects for every move.
0 SpA Koffing Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 5-6 (23.8 - 28.5%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO

Clear Smog doesn't work through a Substitute and can only take out a Substitute if it max rolls. It also doesn't mean anything if Dragon Dance hasn't been set up.

Pain Split doesn't do anything through Substitute and won't deal any damage on the switch in.

Will-O-Wisp can be difficult to switch in on. However, Shed Skin should eliminate it within a few turns, at worst. It can't get through a Substitute after that.

0 Atk Lickitung Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Scraggy: 1-1 (4.7 - 4.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Wish and Protect shouldn't be a problem. Scraggy can take advantage of that to set up a Substitute or a Dragon Dance.

Heal Bell: Gurl, I ain't got no status.

In reality, the only thing Scraggy fears from either of these Pokemon is Fire Blast from Koffing. However, a Substitute can take a Fire Blast 15/16 times. This gives Scraggy ample time to Dragon Dance or attack. Zen Headbutt has a nice change of causing flinches, but you don't even need to depend on that to take Koffing out. Scraggy can clean through these Pokemon with ease, and come out of it with a Substitute or some boosts.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

I will post reasoning soon, but I need to go to work. I promise I'll do this.
I don't particularly think Scraggy wants to switch into a Will-O-Wisp from Koffing.

GlassGlaceon

Just a reminder that your counter must be able to switch in on both koffing and/or lickitung. Koffing is not necessarily leading

Aaron's Aron

No, what he's saying is two Pokemon that jointly counter this pair. One point if you need two Pokemon to do it, two points if you can do it with one.
Oooo. My bad, my bad. I understand what you mean. Thank you for explaining.

So I shouldn't post two different Pokemon that separately counter the duo then?

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Growlithe @ Eviolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 76 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

Growlithe is one of the best pokémon for the job.

Against Lickitung
Lickitung can't Knock Off, otherwise, growlithe gains a justified boost: this allows it to 2HKO everything on the opposing team. Even better: with a justified boost and Sunny Day, Growlithe deals 75% to Lickitung.

If it's using any other move, Growlithe can beat lickitung rather easily by using Sunny Day, then Will-O-Wisp, which will gradually wear down Lickitung until it's forced to Heal Bell, which means that Growlithe can KO it.

Calcs:

36 Atk Growlithe Flare Blitz vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 15-18 (53.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
36 Atk Lickitung Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Growlithe: 5-7 (20 - 28%) -- 18.9% chance to 4HKO
(5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)

Against Koffing

Growlithe easily wins: Koffing's clear smog, even after Knock Off, is extremely weak. Fire Blast, with eviolite knocked off and under sun, isn't even a guaranteed 4HKO. Growlithe can easily Sunny Day and spam Flare Blitz, which 2HKOes Koffing. Pain Split recovers less and less, thanks to the Flare Blitz recoil.

Calcs:

36 SpA Koffing Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 116+ SpD Growlithe in Sun: 6-7 (24 - 28%) -- 90% chance to 4HKO
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7)
36 SpA Koffing Clear Smog vs. 236 HP / 116+ SpD Growlithe: 6-7 (24 - 28%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)
36 Atk Growlithe Flare Blitz vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing in Sun: 10-13 (47.6 - 61.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO
(10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)

Replay showing off Growlithe against GlassGlaceon using the core

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
substitute + rest + set-up tirtouga/omanyte/tyrunt completely decimates this core n.n
also pretty much every fire-type poke with recovery (including rest) and WoW or Toxic wins because WoW/Toxic PP>heal bell PP
let me demonstrate

Litleo @ Eviolite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 180 HP / 52 Def / 12 SpA / 244 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Dark Pulse
- Rest

Here, we have a check to Misdreavus.
But wait, there's more - it beats the Lickitung + Koffing core, too!
Taunt prevents Koffing from using Pain Split.
Toxic has more PP than Heal Bell, so it's only a matter of time before Lickitung dies n.n
Dark Pulse is used over an actually useful move like a STAB move for maximum skilful flinchax.
Don't even think about PP stalling Litleo, because it has Rest without Sleep Talk

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.

Ponyta @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

This Ponyta set handily counters the above core. Sunny Day makes Flare Blitz extremely powerful, and Flash Fire gives it an additional boost when taking Koffing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp. Lickitung's contact moves will trigger Rocky Helmet's damage and bring Lickitung closer to KO range, and it activates on Knock Off before item removal as well. Morning Sun also heals 2/3 of maximum health in sunlight. Koffing cannot burn it, stall it out, or beat it, and Lickitung cannot beat it or continuously stall it out. Ponyta outspeeds and runs through both with Flare Blitz and can reliably heal if necessary.

236 Atk Flash Fire Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 196 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 25-31 (89.2 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

I don't particularly think Scraggy wants to switch into a Will-O-Wisp from Koffing.
Scraggy has Shed Skin to aid in healing the burn after setup. It would probably be more annoyed by Clear Smog. :)

Aaron's Aron

Ponyta @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

This Ponyta set handily counters the above core. Sunny Day makes Flare Blitz extremely powerful, and Flash Fire gives it an additional boost when taking Koffing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp. Lickitung's contact moves will trigger Rocky Helmet's damage and bring Lickitung closer to KO range, and it activates on Knock Off before item removal as well. Morning Sun also heals 2/3 of maximum health in sunlight. Koffing cannot burn it, stall it out, or beat it, and Lickitung cannot beat it or continuously stall it out. Ponyta outspeeds and runs through both with Flare Blitz and can reliably heal if necessary.

236 Atk Flash Fire Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 196 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 25-31 (89.2 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Scraggy has Shed Skin to aid in healing the burn after setup. It would probably be more annoyed by Clear Smog. :)
True, true. My bad, I forgot about Shed Skin. :)
And it's not like I wasn't totally doing Ponyta or anything... -_- Lol it's fine, I can do Omanyte. No worries :)

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
substitute + rest + set-up tirtouga/omanyte/tyrunt completely decimates this core n.n
also pretty much every fire-type poke with recovery (including rest) and WoW or Toxic wins because WoW/Toxic PP>heal bell PP

Elgyem @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 236 HP / 240 Def
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

0 Atk Lickitung Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 160 Def Eviolite Elgyem: 10-12 (40 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)
+6 80+ SpA Analytic Elgyem Psychic vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung: 31-37 (110.7 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 80+ SpA Elgyem Psychic vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung: 25-30 (89.2 - 107.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
80+ SpA Analytic Elgyem Psychic vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Elgyem sets up Calm Minds freely on Lickitung's weak Knock Offs, easily recovering off the damage by alternating between Calm Mind and Recover. At +6, Lickitung will be unable to withstand Elgyem's Psychic. The only way to remove Elgyem's boosts is to switch in Koffing, which will only be able to Clear Smog once because it is usually OHKOed by Psychic, allowing Elgyem to simply continue boosting Calm Mind after Koffing has been removed.

For the record, Elgyem is indeed a viable Pokemon; I've used it a bit myself and was pleasantly surprised by its effectiveness. Analytic Psychic is powerful, even without investments, allowing Elgyem to deal heavy damage nearly every time it can get in, which isn't really a problem at all due to decent 25/21/18 bulk after Eviolite, and Elgyem makes a decent win condition with Calm Mind + Recover. Elgyem loses to Misdreavus, but every Pokemon has its counters, and Elgyem can actually bait Pawniard out.
236 Atk Life Orb Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 240+ Def Eviolite Elgyem: 18-26 (72 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Analytic Elgyem Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 20-28 (95.2 - 133.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Pawniard can't actually hold a Life Orb and Eviolite at the same time, and most Pawniards are scarfed, anyway.
Elgyem actually has a pretty high chance of losing to Lickitung.

Lickitung Knocks Off on Elgyem on the switch-in => Elgyem 60%
At this point, any crit dealt while you CM will cleanly KO elgyem, which is a pretty high chance over the multiple turns you CM.
0 Atk Lickitung Knock Off vs. 236 HP / 160 Def Elgyem on a critical hit: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
the 16 HP damage roll KOes.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Elgyem actually has a pretty high chance of losing to Lickitung.

Lickitung Knocks Off on Elgyem on the switch-in => Elgyem 60%
At this point, any crit dealt while you CM will cleanly KO elgyem, which is a pretty high chance over the multiple turns you CM.
0 Atk Lickitung Knock Off vs. 236 HP / 160 Def Elgyem on a critical hit: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
the 16 HP damage roll KOes.
wowie I was literally in the midst of editing my post

speaking of sets that lose to the core, wouldn't Kingmidas's set not want to switch into WoW from Koffing because Koffing could just clear smog spam until Misdreavus is within KO range of Lickitung's Knock Off

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
This is the idea:
@ Eviolite
EVs: 240 SpA 240 Spe
Timid
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Switch in Koffing. Misdreavus won't mind about anything Koffing could use. Set up a Sub, again none of its attacks will hurt Missy Substitute. Also Substitute makes Pain Split useless. Set up a Nasty Plot. + 2 Shadow Ball is a guaranteeded 2HKO. Hidden Power Fighting has solid chances to 2HKO Lickitung while Lickitung can 2HKO with Knock Off but Misdreavus is faster so it wins. Against Lickitung you can risk a Sub predicting a switch wish. Never switch in Lickitung with Misdreavus (duh).

@ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin

Switch in Lickitung. Should be very obvious, Lickitung can only 4HKO with Knock off while Drilbur safely sets up Swords Dance fearing nothing. Koffing is murdered in next.
By the way, both of these guys can sweep the entire opposing team.

Last edited:

Doggy (Houndour) @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

Houndour has the exceptional ability to defeat the core of Lickitung + Koffing all by itself. With the set given, Houndour has little to no trouble going against either Lickitung or Koffing in a 1v1 fight.

VS. Koffing

If Koffing uses Fire Blast on the switch to Houndour, then Houndour essentially gets a big boost to all of its Fire-Type attacks. Houndour also easily takes a Clear Smog from Koffing as it sets up Sun and can start firing off deadly Fire Blasts and Flamethrowers. Here are some calcs.

0 SpA Koffing Clear Smog vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Houndour: 7-9 (33.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Fire Blast vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 13-17 (61.9 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Flamethrower vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 12-16 (57.1 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Dark Pulse vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 9-13 (42.8 - 61.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Fire Blast vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing in Sun: 21-25 (100 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Flamethrower vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing in Sun: 19-23 (90.4 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

So yeah, if Houndour switches into a predicted Fire Blast or Will-o-Wisp from Koffing, then Koffing is in some major trouble, as it has no way to deal with Houndour's insanely strong boosted Fire attacks.

VS. Lickitung

Since the given set for Lickitung only includes Knock Off for an attack, Houndour essentially can take hits from Lickitung all day long, while Houndour can set up a Sunny Day and hit Lickitung hard with its Fire attacks. Again, here are some calcs.

0 Atk Lickitung Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Houndour: 4-5 (19 - 23.8%) -- possible 5HKO (weaksauce)

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Fire Blast vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 16-19 (57.1 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ SpA Life Orb Houndour Flamethrower vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 13-17 (46.4 - 60.7%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

196+ SpA Houndour Fire Blast vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 12-15 (42.8 - 53.5%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

196+ SpA Houndour Flamethrower vs. 196 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung in Sun: 10-13 (35.7 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Houndour has a good time going 1v1 against Lickitung, as Lickitung can essentially do nothing but try and PP stall Houndour to death. Lickitung is completely walled by Houndour, and struggles mightily against it.

Last edited:
This is the idea:
@ Eviolite
EVs: 240 SpA 240 Spe
Timid
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Switch in Koffing. Misdreavus won't mind about anything Koffing could use. Set up a Sub, again none of its attacks will hurt Missy Substitute. Also Substitute makes Pain Split useless. Set up a Nasty Plot. + 2 Shadow Ball is a guaranteeded 2HKO. Hidden Power Fighting has solid chances to 2HKO Lickitung while Lickitung can 2HKO with Knock Off but Misdreavus is faster so it wins. Against Lickitung you can risk a Sub predicting a switch wish. Never switch in Lickitung with Misdreavus (duh).

@ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin

Switch in Lickitung. Should be very obvious, Lickitung can only 4HKO with Knock off while Drilbur safely sets up Swords Dance fearing nothing. Koffing is murdered in next.
By the way, both of these guys can sweep the entire opposing team.
already using missy bro
Edit: nvm you can have it glass didn't add checks in this edition

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ecna you can lose to the core with your set. Koffing will Clear Smog on the switch, and another Clear Smog, essentially doing 66.66% of your health, leaving you at 7 health. You fail to OHKO under Sun, so Lickitung can kill you. Here is a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-138319276

Since your houndour set doesn't work, I'll use mine :)

Houndour @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 196 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Torment
- Fire Blast

Basically, going straight offensive is just dumb. You are worn down by the combination of the two's attacks, since you cannot OHKO both straight away. SubTorment solves this problem, by forcing switches allowing you to set up. Koffing's Clear Smog fails to break the sub more often than not (requires a max hit)
0 SpA Koffing Clear Smog vs. 196 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Houndour: 4-6 (17.3 - 26%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6)

So after your switch you Torment the Koffing, eating at most 6 HP from your 23 HP, and then set up a Substitute. From there you can set up 3 Nasty Plots, and win.

+6 196+ SpA Houndour Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Lickitung: 31-37 (110.7 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So if Koffing is the lead, the order of moves goes as such:

Switch (eat Clear Smog)
Torment
Sub
np
np
sub
np
KO

or if Koffing stays in you set up one NP and OHKO
+2 196+ SpA Houndour Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 21-25 (105 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

SubNP Houndour is viable too in that it can be an excellent stallbreaker! Especially with Taunt and Dbond.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
SWITCH INTO A PREDICTED KNOCK OFF/FIRE BLAST FROM KOFFING, AND WATCH YOUR OPPONENT COWER IN FEAR TO THE POWER THAT IS BANDED CRANIDOS, NOTHING STANDS IN ITS WAY
This has to be able to switch into any move to be a counter, and Will-O-Wisp basically neuters Cranidos's offensive presence. Switching into Knock Off also removes Choice Band. The only totally safe attacks Cranidos can switch into without risking a cut to its power are Lickitung's Return and Koffing's Clear Smog. Fire Blast is resisted but it does have a chance to burn as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)