DS Done!

So a few months ago I posted a thread about getting a transparent DS replacement case, and this morning I finished putting it together. It took 4 hours, 30 minutes of frustration, and 2 drops of blood, but I'm very satisfied with it.

Nothing really bad happened during the putting-together process. I just somehow screwed up the flatwire a bit and the color white kinda flickers on the screen now. And I cut myself with a plier.

Oh, I also got cable internets (: (which is sadly being very slow atm)

PICS!

battle scars.

A in EBA, I'm a Survivor. FTW.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
*Survivor

It's more fun to get an S on ABC.

Max, Cat, Age 5.

Also, I hope your DS doesn't blow up or anything. `Cause if it does, you're gonna buy yourself a new one.

P.S.: Nobody cares about the baby.

I'm almost inclined to think it was inspired by the clear NeoGeo Pocket Color design.

Looks awesome, at any rate.

what are the chances you severly gfuck up your DS with this?
well everything seems to work fine now, but uh..i never put the LCD screen protector back cus there was a piece of black tape around it that i couldn't get off, so i just didn't put it back onto the replacement case. so my bet is that my top LCD screen will be dead in 3-5 months.

and I had to take the whole DS apart to do this. see, i took pictures of the opened DS to remember which wire went where, but then i realized that my 2megapix cameraphone probably didn't catch all the little details, and i sorta sloppily put the wires back in place and forced the DS to close. Sounds very professional, doesnt it.

p.s. my DS only hooks up with sexy black DS's ;]

yeah it'd be much better if they could put it together for you x_x

this morning i found out that there was a screw coming out of the plastic right under the D pad. apparently i screwed in the motherboard with the wrong screw and i did it so tightly that it pierced through the plastic wtf.

That original Gameboy looks better, but yours looks pretty good in comparison. I think it has more to do with how interesting the insides of the machines look, and less to do with ones craftsmanship.

P.S. ZOMG the battery light. I remember squeezing out the power. You'd be almost all of the way through victory road then..NOOOO the ink would fade in the screen and it was time for new batteries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)