Drugs Debate

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I agree with what you said about cigarettes, but what is the "pro" to weed or alcohol?
Let's see the uses for cannabis:

-The oil from cannabis seeds contains over 10 amino acids that our body needs but doesn't produce, thus legalizing cannabis would provide people with a healthy alternative to vegetable oil and such.
-The oil from cannabis seeds can also be used in an alternate source of fuel, thus helping in the world's struggle with oil dependency.
-Cannabis helps fight against glaucoma.
-Cannabis use does NOT cause cancer, as previously assumed. Cannabis use actually retards cancerous growths.
-People suffering from depression (like me) who use cannabis report happier moods.

I wrote one of my English papers on the topic of "should marijuana be legalized?" and got a 98 with my research, highest grade in the class for that assignment.

Cannabis is as effective as your standard SNRI I believe - certainly people that self-medicate with pot respond very well to that class of drug (I certainly get along with things that play with my norepeniphrene.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright khold, I'll admit, that nice research you did actually did change my views a bit. I'm not gonna lie, if it wasn't for the smoking part that comes with doing marijuana, then I'd be a lot more for it.

Heh, I think the truth is that I just hate smoke, it makes me incredibly depressed when smoke for some reason. I think that behaviour's justified for cigarette smoke, since they really are bad, being man-made and such, but weed is natural, so I'm not sure why it does that to me. Heh, just a body thing I guess.

Now that I think about it, why the heck isn't it the other way around? Why are cigarettes legal and weed illegal? Gosh, heh thanks a lot now I'm confused. -.-

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Now that I think about it, why the heck isn't it the other way around? Why are cigarettes legal and weed illegal? Gosh, heh thanks a lot now I'm confused. -.-
Glad to see you're coming around.

Cancer isn't the only health problem, you know.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Smoking cannabis increases vulnerability to lung disease and infection, and quadruples the rate of heart attacks in the first hour after smoking, among other things. While it may not increase the risk of cancer, it's just as bad for you as tobacco.

"Tobacco is already legal but it's worse than cannabis olol" is an awful argument. It would be nearly impossible to make tobacco illegal, so the best we can do against it is run anti-smoking ads and encourage people to stop. Legalizing cannabis would increase the number of smokers, and smoking is ridiculously bad for your health. It doesn't help anyone to have people ruining their health for a temporary high.

Cancer isn't the only health problem, you know.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Smoking cannabis increases vulnerability to lung disease and infection, and quadruples the rate of heart attacks in the first hour after smoking, among other things. While it may not increase the risk of cancer, it's just as bad for you as tobacco.

"Tobacco is already legal but it's worse than cannabis olol" is an awful argument. It would be nearly impossible to make tobacco illegal, so the best we can do against it is run anti-smoking ads and encourage people to stop. Legalizing cannabis would increase the number of smokers, and smoking is ridiculously bad for your health. It doesn't help anyone to have people ruining their health for a temporary high.
You don't have to smoke cannabis to get high from it, you know.

It would be interesting to temporarily legalize drugs and see how it affected actual drug usage, crime rate, etc. Personally I think that some drugs are too dangerous to be manufactured and sold legally (PCP, LSD, heroin, stuff like that), especially PCP, LSD, and other hallucinogens, because they tend to cause behavior that is unknowingly reckless which can lead to serious injury or death (I know, I sound like a warning label) even after only one use. The most ridiculous thing in my opinion is the classification of marijuana as a Class I drug. If I were to make a list of drugs that I thought were safe enough to be legalized (i.e. similar health risks as tobacco or alcohol) I'd have to spend quite a bit of time with some good old research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)