Drizzle Team

I have created a drizzle team that doesn't need drizzle up to function. With the weather nerf obsoleting weather teams, one would think that they are dying out. They are getting harder to use, but they are in no way dead. Enter one of the first rain teams since Politoed got drizzle that couldnt care less if Politoed dies.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Surf

My lead is obviously Politoed, as it is still a rain team. Politoed functions as bulky offense, drizzle boosting it's hydro pump as well as choice specs. Focus blast gives Politoed more coverage against the still ever present Ferrothorn and Lucario. Ice Beam serves as coverage for rival grass types not destroyed by focus blast. Surf lets Politoed hit with more PP.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SDef
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Return

Azumarill is one of my 3 major offensive pokes on this team, because after belly drum, it is almost unstoppable, with priority aqua jet stomping through teams, as well as a harder hitting play rough and return, it is very hard to deal with. Azumarill is still a massive threat without the rain with return.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Shell Smash

Cloyster is my second major offensive pokemon, after the shell smash, it easily hammers through teams that do not resist Ice or Rock type attacks. White herb is in place to reverse the defense lowering, and rapid spin lets Cloyster deal with hazards that would devastate Tornadus-T.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Energy

Kingdra is the last major offensive pokemon, because after Focus Energy, even with -6 SAtk, draco meteor crits still OHKO the majority of the tier. Scald lets Kingdra use more STAB without lowering it's SAtk more. Ice Beam gives it coverage against rival Garchomp and Togekiss.

Greninja @ King's Rock
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
- Return
- Bounce

Physical Greninja is the weaker variant of Greninja, but I want Greninja to smash through the very common special walls of this metagame, as the majority of my team, barring Cloyster is special. King's Rock gives Greninja massive flinch chance with Water Shuriken, which is an underhyped move. U-Turn lets Greninja leave quickly if need be, Return gives it a powerful move, and Bounce adds coverage.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Taunt

Tornadus-T is the defensive variant of Tornadus, and regenerator lets it negate life orb damage, and hurricane hitting like a truck under rain, with focus blast and U-turn adding coverage, and taunt hampering status users and set-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)