DP Leafeon .

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No uu Swords Dance sweeping set...Since I am obsessed with this thing in UU...I figure I should post it ;D

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/leafeon

[SET]
Name: SD UU Sweeper
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Leaf Blade
Move 3: Return
Move 3: Quick Attack / X-Scissor / Synthesis
Item: Life Orb
IVs: 29 HP
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>The only Pokemon in UU that resist Grass + Bug + Normal are Mawile (which is rarely used), Wormadam-S (honestly more deserving of NU status than UU status) and Drifblim (which is pretty much only seen on Baton Passing teams). This Leafeon reaches 317 Speed to, worst case scenario, speed tie with Sharpedo, Drapion, Jynx and Primeape, and also always outspeed Toxicroak and Rotom. It's 319 Attack boosted by Swords Dance and Life Orb will deal massive damage to all UU Pokemon besides Mawile, Drifblim, and Steelix, who is 3HKOed by a Swords Dance Leaf Blade.<p>

<p>The first three moves are pretty set for the standard sweeper, as Leafeon really only requires those three to at least 2HKO the majority of the UU metagame. The last slot is where the real decision has to be made. Quick Attack is there because priority in UU is much more effective due to a lack of a large number of physical walls, and it allows Leafeon to deal up to 75%+ damage to various frail, often Scarfed threats, such as Primeape, Jynx and Hitmonlee. X-Scissor is for potentially OHKOing Meganium, other Leafeon switching in, and having a higher chance for a OHKO on defensive Hypno. Finally, Synthesis is an option simply to recover off Life Orb residual damage.</p>

<p>Running Adamant is an option over Jolly, as this will occasionally make Steelix a 2HKO instead of a 3HKO. Beware, however, than now Sharpedo will outspeed and Ice Fang, Primeape will outspeed and Ice Punch, Jynx will outspeed and Ice Beam, and Toxicroak / Rotom will be faster than Leafeon.</p>

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
[SET]
Name: SD UU Sweeper
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Leaf Blade
Move 3: X-Scissor
Move 3: Return / Quick Attack
Item: Life Orb
IVs: 29 HP
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Leaf Guard
Took out Double Edge for the exact reasons you stated. Attack recoil, Life Orb recoil and low health means it'll be killing itself quite fast, especially against pokemons which pack a lot of HP. Instead, X-Scissor is needed to take down the common Grass walls in UU, like Meganium.

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>The only Pokemon in UU that resist Grass + Bug + Normal are Mawile (which is rarely used), and Drifblim (which is pretty much only seen on Baton Passing teams).
Add Bug in there as X-Scissor is indeed a common attack on Swords Dance sweeping variants.

Drifblim is actually the name of the evolved version of that balloon thing, lol.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>The only Pokemon in UU that resist Grass + Normal are Mawile (which is rarely used), and Drifloon (which is pretty much only seen on Baton Passing teams).
Aww don't forget Wormadam-S who 4x resists Grass and 2x resists Normal. :(

Heh, great set, but isn't Baton Pass a good option in the last slot as well? It seems like a good option since it's actually fast enough to pass those boosts onto something else if it gets in a lot of trouble. I've never actually used the set before, so don't feel obligated to follow my advice here, but for some reason I've heard people saying that SD Leafeon is dangerous because it can sweep and pass the boosts at the same time.

Instead, X-Scissor is needed to take down the common Grass walls in UU, like Meganium.
Hmmm ... debatable. Return would do he job eventually, and most Meganium players are still not running any sort of Hidden Power meaning they can't do anything back to it.

Synthesis is worth considering as an alternative option though.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Heh, great set, but isn't Baton Pass a good option in the last slot as well? It seems like a good option since it's actually fast enough to pass those boosts onto something else if it gets in a lot of trouble. I've never actually used the set before, so don't feel obligated to follow my advice here, but for some reason I've heard people saying that SD Leafeon is dangerous because it can sweep and pass the boosts at the same time.
I was actually about to post that in my previous post but what came to me to delete this 'fix' was that this set would become way too similar to the Baton Pass variant with it. Since this set as a sweeper and all, coverage is better.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Edited in some fixes. No way am I making Return a / slot (unless for Double-Edge) as Return has saved my ass personally in many battles.

Baton Pass I'd like more input on; to be honest I don't really care if it is similar than the set already in the analysis, as this one runs completely differently. It sweeps and at the end passes away, which is useful in itself.

I wouldn't bother with BP. The current BP set can attempt a sweep (not as well as this one, but its the same idea), then pass SD if a problem appears. This set is meant to just plow through stuff. Quick Attack and Synthesis are much better options.

Why isn't Aerial Ace even mentioned? I like hitting Vileplume for 120 BP.. but I guess Return is still good for stuff like Altaria. Quick Attack is excellent on this set.. really, he doesn't even need to pass the boosts, already being a killing machine by himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)