DP Jirachi .

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I saw TheDealer (on an alternate) use Choice Scarf Jirachi very effectively...I then owned Gouki with it!!! So here we go :P

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

[SET]
Name: Choice Scarf Jirachi
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Psychic
Move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Ground
Move 4: Grass Knot / U-turn
Item: Choice Scarf
IVs: 22 Atk / 30 Def
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Nature: Timid

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Jirachi set is designed specifically to take on various common threats in the metagame. It is faster than nearly all Salamence and Gyarados with one Dragon Dance, and though either Hidden Power Ice or Thunderbolt, can deal large amounts of damage to both. Psychic is chosen as the best STAB, and can OHKO Gengar, Roserade and Heracross (this one requires Stealth Rock).</p>

<p>The last two move slots depend on team preference. If defeating the Dragon Pokemon is not a priority, and Jirachi finds itself being defeated by either Heatran or Magnezone, Hidden Power Ground is a possible alternative to Hidden Power Ice. Grass Knot vs. U-turn depends on whether defeating Swampert and Hippowdon is important, or safely scouting the opposition's team is important. Since Heatran, Magnezon and Tyranitar will frequently switch into Jirachi, using U-turn to switch to Dugtrio is an extremely successful strategy that can yield great results.</p>

<p>Timid is chosen over Modest because various Pokemon that reach up to 306 Speed, like Roserade, Porygon-Z and Adamant Garchomp, can carry Choice Scarf.</p>

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Jirachi set is designed specifically to take on various common threats in the metagame. It is faster than all Gyarados and most Salamence with one Dragon Dance, and though either Hidden Power Ice or Thunderbolt, can deal large amounts of damage to both.
just nitpicking, but Gyarados will never outspeed the jirachi with 1 DD.

Psychic is chosen as the best STAB, and can OHKO Gengar, Roserade and Heracross (this one requires Stealth Rock).</p>

<p>The last two move slots depend on team preference. If defeating the Dragon Pokemon is not a priority, and Jirachi finds itself threatened by Heatran or Magnezone, Hidden Power Ground is a viable alternative to Hidden Power Ice.
threatened sounds better imo, and even hidden power steel is "possible," so viable is a better word for what you're trying to say.

Grass Knot vs. U-turn depends on whether you want to beat Swampert and Hippowdon, or support your team by scouting the opponent's.
it sounded really awkward.

Since Heatran, Magnezone, and Tyranitar will frequently switch into Jirachi, using U-turn to switch to Dugtrio is an extremely successful strategy that can yield great results.</p>
learn to spell noob ;)
also, remember to use the comma before the and in a list of three or more!

<p>Timid is chosen over Modest because many Pokemon that reach up to 306 Speed, like Roserade, Porygon-Z, and Adamant Garchomp, can and frequently will carry a Choice Scarf.</p>
again, the comma, and other nitpicks.

other than that, it looks good!

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Jirachi set is designed specifically to take on various common threats in the metagame. It is faster than nearly all Salamence and Gyarados with one Dragon Dance, and through either Hidden Power Ice or Thunderbolt, can deal large amounts of damage to both. Psychic is chosen as the best STAB, and can OHKO Gengar, Roserade and Heracross (this one requires Stealth Rock).</p>
only thing i noticed is that it reads "though" instead of "through".

Originally Posted by Fat Darkie
also, remember to use the comma before the and in a list of three or more!
actually, you dont have to use a Serial Comma in lists if you dont want to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Comma

EDIT: Argh, i stand corrected. nevermind then

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is faster than all Salamence and Gyarados with one Dragon Dance, and through either Hidden Power Ice or Thunderbolt, Jirachi can deal large amounts of damage to both respectively.

Ok nothing real big, just a tiny nit-pick. It didn't sound quiet right at first, but I think it flows a little better now. Everything else darkie and kusuninja caught.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)