DP Aerodactyl .

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well since husk popularized this immensely with his rmt, no has picked this up, so here we go. (husk's team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42328) Thanks to husk for basically giving me the description for this in his rmt!

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/aerodactyl

[SET]
Name: Leading Aerodactyl
Move 1: Taunt
Move 2: Stealth Rock
Move 3: Earthquake / Ice Fang
Move 4: Rock Slide / Stone Edge
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set's purpose is to set up a quick Stealth Rock while simultaneously crippling lead Pokemon like Gyarados, Salamence, Gengar and Azelf. Slower leads are generally there to Stealth Rock / induce Sleep, and Aerodactyl can take care of them by Taunting.</p>

<p>The attacking move choices are all about preferences. Earthquake and Rock Slide give the typical Ground + Rock combination, and Rock Slide adds a flinching potential. Stone Edge can be picked over Rock Slide for its higher damage output and higher chance to critical hit, but be aware of the accuracy drawback. Ice Fang can be chosen over Earthquake to hit Garchomp, Salamence and Gliscor.</p>

<p>This Aerodactyl depends on outspeeding the opponent to effectively Taunt and lay down Stealth Rock, so running Jolly and 252 Speed EVs is a given. The Attack EVs allow Aerodactyl to deal respectable damage to the leads it will be staying in against.</p>

You can possible mention that Stone Edge has a possibility to 2HKO Bulky Gyarados and Salamence after an Intimidate which would be reason to use it over Rock Slide, which 3HKOs.

Call me crazy

Call me crazy, but I was experimenting with choice scarf aerodactyl (yeah overkill) and it's been working out fairly well. Perhaps its the opponents I'm facing, but because of aerodactyl's speed he requires minimal evs to outspeed Chomp and Deoxy-S, which allows for max att and some hp. His only issue being in switching in to attacks.

Has anyone else experimented with this? I doubt its as effective as standard, but its a nice surprise for choice scarf pokes (many of who can succumb to Aerodactyl with 339 att.

I have run a similar set like this for a while now. I would consider Pursuit as an option in one of the last two movesets in order to take out those frail ghosts and psychics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)