Doubles Premier League: Captain Signups!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i would like to be captain

i hosted the slateport city spindas last year and everyone likes me :3

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hey guys, Pwnemon here to try it again. Sorry to rehash as I do every time, but I gotta get all the information down.

Not to be conceited, but here are a few things that I am proud of.
  • Am the winningest player in DOU history, with over 1100 DOU Metagame wins
  • Have consistently ranked among the top DOU players, even reaching the #1 spot on the ladder on a few occasions
  • Am a Room Owner in the DOU room on Pokémon Showdown
  • Wrote the Gen 6 analyses for Aerodactyl and Jirachi
  • Served as a mini-mentor to qsns by helping him build a team for SPL; he is now a DOU regular
  • Finished 2nd in the 2015 Fall Seasonal
  • "Hijacked" Kangaskhan's suspect discussion thread by advocating for No Ban, which won (and came very close to doing the same in Shaymin's suspect test)
  • Was a leading voice during the "pick a new tier leader" discussion, and appear to have had some inspiration on kamikaze17's winning suggestion of kamikaze17
  • Finished 13th in the 2016 Winter Seasonal
  • Was not drafted in the SPL 7, though my playing ability was praised nonetheless
  • Submitted the winning name for xzern's Girafarig tour
TL;DR version: I'm coming on strong in terms of DOU, have been very involved in the metagame and the forum as of late, have already accomplished a thing or two in my first DPL, and seek to help my team through what appears to be a troubling period.

edit: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-20-prc-applications.3520633/#post-5823032

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Thought about arctics suggestion.
Not too good imo.
No disrespect to xzern but if he and memoric were not managers memoric would go for significantly more than zxern. So if both these managers want to battle and both pay equal amounts for that right then either xzerns team is overpaying or memoric is getting a steal.

So I say no paying for your self. Then we still have uneven skill, assuming we agree memoric is more desired.

Solution: draft picks are given to team managers lowest on power ranking first. So the manager with highest power ranking picks last in round 1. Adjustments can be made by hashtag if he believes a captains power ranking does not justify his or her skill

Edit : oh yeah there is no draft order so this doesn't make sense
Still opposed to paying for yourself for same reason

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
except it isn't a snake draft so that also doesn't work. paying 10k for yourself is also dumb assuming all managers are worth at least 10k, cause it doesn't change the fact that the best manager player has an advantage. let managers play if they want tbh, it's just for fun anyways.

Captain signups are now CLOSED.

The six teams will be as follows.
  • Memoric will once again be captain of the Tohjo Tramplers
  • Xzern will once again be captain of the Slateport City Spindas
  • Qsns will be taking over the Mossdeep City Space Jams
  • Stratos will be taking over the Mikan Island Monsters
  • Kylecole will be taking over the Oreburgh Ancients
  • N1n1 will be taking over the SS. Anne Serperiors
you guys can change your team name/logo/mascot if you want. for the original logos just do a subforum search of "sdpl" and find one of finally's threads.

I'm going to go with the paying 10k for yourself model just because it gives you the option to not buy yourself. Expect the player signup thread to go up sometime soon.

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
man i said to give n1n1 the space jams not quiznos switch em yo :(

edit: nevermind i was informed n1n1 would change the name. fuck that shit

Stratos

Banned deucer.
if ron dan valante's play pals is gonna be an actual team in this tournament then im seriously changing my team name to the six island shitposters

edit: message me if u wanna be on the winning team cuz i dont have a draft plan at all lol

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
you can't actually buy yourself until auction, and by extension you can't retain players

ideally you won't be able to buy yourself until leaving the auction but hashtag is unsure

i dont think it rly makes a difference whatever.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT LAME TEAM NAMES

edit: also yeah theres no player retention from last year

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
increase pricing on captains to average player price*2, aka in this case 20k. specifically to make sure that teams being led by a comparatively speaking poor player arent shafted from the getgo

Stratos

Banned deucer.
let's not do that, because then my options are overpay for myself or not play :(

also hashtag i swear to god if "six island shitposters" is a lame team name to you we arent friends anymore

Stratos

Banned deucer.
hungry hungry hippowdons is fucking great go with that. im not kidding, seriously do

who wants to make me a "six island shitposters" logo

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
n1n1 could also go with Scyther No Swiping

and Stratos could go with Boku No Pico

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)