Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Tailwind

Really good and easy to use mega diancie team. I don't really play in lots of tournaments or anything, and im not sure if thats a requirement, but i have beaten some of the more prominent players with this team. I built it around the always great bisharp talonflame core that matches up so well with nearly the entire metagame. Diancie and talonflame put in major work against most sun teams, and a last ditch tailwind from talon will seal games. Kyub and amoonguss give you a great matchup against rain, as well as thalk teams and team glenn. Bisharp, talonflame and amoonguss give you a great trick room matchup. Keldeo patches up the team well in that it ohko's kang and gives me a second check to a lot of threats. Really the closest thing to a matchup proof team ive made. I can ohko every single mon in tier 1 with at least one team member and every single one in 1.5 except for rotom, who is huge spore and sub bait. A fwg core combined with a dragon fairy steel core gives you lots of coverage and balance.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Tailwind

Really good and easy to use mega diancie team. I don't really play in lots of tournaments or anything, and im not sure if thats a requirement, but i have beaten some of the more prominent players with this team. I built it around the always great bisharp talonflame core that matches up so well with nearly the entire metagame. Diancie and talonflame put in major work against most sun teams, and a last ditch tailwind from talon will seal games. Kyub and amoonguss give you a great matchup against rain, as well as thalk teams and team glenn. Bisharp, talonflame and amoonguss give you a great trick room matchup. Keldeo patches up the team well in that it ohko's kang and gives me a second check to a lot of threats. Really the closest thing to a matchup proof team ive made. I can ohko every single mon in tier 1 with at least one team member and every single one in 1.5 except for rotom, who is huge spore and sub bait. A fwg core combined with a dragon fairy steel core gives you lots of coverage and balance.
i can totes get behind this

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Tailwind

added this

http://pastebin.com/pAhnNmfh

This team is built around the Hoopa-U + Mega Gengar core. I call this my "Trapping core". The opponent can't switch or protect since Hyperspace Fury breaks it. Lando-T was added since it's an exceptional mon in the format. Talonflame for a sleep switch in and provides speed control for Hoopa-U since it struggles vs faster threats. Azu + Amoon was thrown on to complete the FWG core along with redirection and set up. Struggles with Bisharp but it can be played around with Mega Gengar and Will-o-Wisp (Sucker Punch Mind Games) and Talonflames.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://pastebin.com/pAhnNmfh

This team is built around the Hoopa-U + Mega Gengar core. I call this my "Trapping core". The opponent can't switch or protect since Hyperspace Fury breaks it. Lando-T was added since it's an exceptional mon in the format. Talonflame for a sleep switch in and provides speed control for Hoopa-U since it struggles vs faster threats. Azu + Amoon was thrown on to complete the FWG core along with redirection and set up. Struggles with Bisharp but it can be played around with Mega Gengar and Will-o-Wisp (Sucker Punch Mind Games) and Talonflames.
hi
i was wondering why you had return over play rough on azumarill and psychic over hyperspace hole on hoopa
the return over play rough would make sense if your team was weak to amoonguss, but you already have safety goggles talon
i understand psychic has higher base spatk than hyperspace hole, but considering how this team is based on trapping and ignoring protect, i like hyperspace hole better

Last edited:
hi
i was wondering why you had return over play rough on azumarill and psychic over hyperspace hole on hoopa
the return over play rough would make sense if your team was weak to amoonguss, but you already have safety goggles talon
i understand psychic has higher base spatk than hyperspace hole, but considering how this team is based on trapping and ignoring protect, i like hyperspace hole better
Return was for Azu incase I had Amoonguss + Azu on the field already at +6. I simply chose Psychic over Hyperspace Hole for damage since Psychic is always a KO on most Amoon while Hyperspace Hole is a roll

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
why not use knock? I'd imagine the only bad mus for knock compared to return are edge-case megas such as venu/ampharos

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
could we remove the danny_mason team that autolooses againts opposing diancie
Amoongus is an excellent diancie check ; also you can throw steel wing on talon.
While diancie can beat both keldeo and bisharp, it cannot beat both when both are on field at same time

with jirachi as a partner it's impossible to win against diancie
keld and amoong cannot deal with jirachi at all and cannot touch diancie
both keld and amoong are also talon weak and lots of diancie teams have talon

I honestly just feel Amoong needs the change to Jirachi and Bisharp to something that doesn't contribute to a ground weakness all throughout the team. Jirachi+Diancie+Kyurem-B is so much easier to use overall as its sort of big weakness lies in Lando-T, but there are very few others than that, which is why I think we should have a sample including something like this.
Either way, Jirachi fits the team so much better anyway because there are like no fairy resists aside from Talon (the original team) and almost no rock resists. Amoonguss just does not contribute as much to a team with cube+talon+diancie as Jirachi does, since Jirachi actually addresses the hyper voice weakness. It just adds a Lando-T weakness but it at least hits it moderately well with icy wind and takes an eq from full, but Bisharp could definitely be replaced to something more useful. Hydreigon would be good since it deals with Cress and Lando-T sort of well, but Intimidate could also be useful to deter physical attackers like lando-t and opposing diancie.

ok..
1) amoongus resists fairy, as poison resists fairy
2) both keldeo and bisharp resist rock, that is 1/3 of the team
3) amoongus + keldeo beats jirachi + diancie, hydro 2hko's jirachi
4) amoongus + bisharp aggressively beats jirachi + diancie
5) adding hydreigon to a team you claim struggles with diancie is fucking idiotic
6) with tailwind support, an opposing diancie is a sitting duck

granted, the team doesnt have a go to "switch in and beat the combo of jirachi diancie" mon, but any team that doesnt have lando or aegislash isnt, which speaks to more the alleged brokenness of jirachi than anything i would argue.

That being said, a sample team should be easily able to deal with any popular combo, and my jirachi diancie defense combos are quite specific, so if you feel my counters are too specific, that is definitely fair.

I have my own talonflame and diancie, who do not get run over. With tailwind up, diancie is quite easy to deal with. The fact that diancie also needs to protect to safely outspeed kyub, keldeo and bisharp is exploitable in getting up tailwind or subs. Quick guard is also there to help with talon. Things like a diamond storm plus a brave bird or sucker punch ko's diancie. Im not claiming its a strong matchup but it is certainly playable. Ive faced several diancie teams with this squad, all of whom had a fire type and i did just fine.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I agree his team isnt like an auto lose to jirachi, you guys are theory'ing
if you play smart you can win easy

but the amoonguss spread is still off

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
the idea of sample teams is that you don't have to play smart in order to win, considering these teams should be for newer players.
Thats the dumbest thing I've heard you say. "don't have to play smart in order to win"

All teams will have something they struggle against; but well built teams will be able to beat them if you play smart. In this example a well built diancie team will is a good start for new players, but like all sample teams it has some tough match ups. You have play smart in those match ups

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lol I'm pretty sure that comeback was due to flinches and misses, not Diancie. Not saying it's not Diancie weak... but that game is a terrible example.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
was always hesitant to post this but it's really good lol

the team brought me to open finals/fall seasonal top 4 where it won most of its matches (bar when laga haxed the shit out of me :<). TFC also brought it to SPL where it won

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Kangaskhan is one of the scariest mons in any doubles format. I steered away from the standard Return/PuP set on this team because I felt even with Rachi as a redirector, this team would play so quickly that additional immediate power and Low Kick would be more beneficial. Low Kick also ensures Heatran can basically never get a Sub against this team even with Jirachi or Talon out.

Deo-A is an extremely underrated threat atm as it has the ability to very quickly dismantle common balanced cores, most of which center around Amoonguss/Heatran. The Focus Sash allows it to take a hit with its frail af defenses but makes it even more potent against offense because it requires 2 hits for them to take it down. 2 hits for offense is a lot to commit considering Deo-A is OHKOing half of their team with Psycho Boost. ESpeed finishes off weakened Talonflames and Kangaskhans. Max/max spread is the most effective on Deo-A, giving it the ability to outspeed Scarf Landorus-T.

I realized how Aegi weak I was and how bad I needed an answer to it. Enter Hydreigon. This also gives me a water resist which is really nice because I usually end up building with none ~_~. Opted for Timid because Adamant Kanga is bad and killing them with Dracos is funny af.

The more priority you can have an offensive team like this one, the better. Allows you to lock down the game much more safely and Talon is probably the best user of strong priority. Steel Wing was chosen because I have 1 Diancie switchin and it gets beat by its most common partners, Fires and Aegis :(

.lazyteambuildin. I realized how useful a pivot would be on such an offensive team and added the best one in the metagame, Scarf Landorus-Therian. Checks stuff such as Kanga and Diancie. zzz

Jirachi provides me with a Latios check and speed control for super fast stuff so it was the perfect fit for this team. Redirection protects my frail attackers from getting killed. I crept the Loom benchmark a bit and put the rest into spdef, allowing it to better check stuff like Kyurem-B.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
you don't but i've seen other people use the band set so you might as well go for the tie

I've played the TR matchup and it's difficult, but it's definitely winnable. The main strategy is to use your priority wisely as well as redirect their strongest attackers with Rachi. You don't really have dedicated TR counters however and Taunt Hydreigon could be a consideration.

Hi

Im new here so excuse the noob-like request. But i have been searching around for a while now trying to find a forum/ ppl who i can ask their help for designing a doubles team. I just would love someone to chat to throw ideas off and that way i can also learn how doubles teams work and so i can eventually design good teams by myself.

Im trying to make a doubles team that is more unique than most (hopefully). My aim is to use Moltres with its HP in a doubles team.

I had the idea of: Heatran, Moltres, Weavile, Lucario, Swampert and Blastoise (maybe follow me Jirachi?) though looking at it i feel it has no real synergy to work in doubles (i love syngery with things all linking together as part of a plan, rather than just atk and atk)

Im gratefull for anything as right now i feel i have nothing. Please help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)