Doubles OU Anime Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the DOU Anime Viability Ranking project, where we rank the viability of anime. This thread will proceed a little differently from the last one: the floor will always be open to discussion, and after a period of time (probably whenever), the viability rankings council of myself, daawesomdude1 and whoever wants to join in will vote on any of the anime being discussed and post the results and reasoning here. I've also taken the liberty of editing the rankings and descriptions to better reflect reality. Also unless stated otherwise, this includes sequels because listing all the 'gataris would be long as fuck.​

>>Tier 1<<
Anime that have great animation, art style, writing, and character design. You can't really go wrong by watching these anime.
Cat Planet Cuties
Nagi no Asukara
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ping Pong The Animation

>>Tier 1.5<<
Anime that are generally strong, but can be mediocre in some areas, or don't have great qualities compared to a lot of Tier 1, or are only particularly useful for checking out a certain genre.
Steins;Gate
Bakemonogatari
Toradora!
Non Non Biyori
Chihayafuru
FLCL
Barakamon
Ghost in the Shell
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Mawaru Penguindrum
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV)
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Hibike! Euphonium

>>Tier 2<<
Anime which have good quality writing, animation, or have a particularly intriguing concept, but are simply not as good as the shows in the higher tiers.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Kill la Kill
Mushishi
Natsume Yuujinchou
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Hyouka
Clannad
Another
Death Note
White Album 2
Fullmetal Alchemist

>>Tier 2'<<
Shows which, while good, only fit on a specific audience or require watching a significant amount of before becoming good. So named because they're not worse than the ones in Tier 2.
Michiko to Hatchin
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Uchuu Kyoudai
Trigun
Eureka Seven
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Angel Beats!
Kuroko no Basket
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation
Kyoukai no Kanata
Himouto! Umaru-chan

>>Tier 3<<
Shows that are decent or are really, really niche, but can still satisfy that market excellently.
Azumanga Daioh
Lucky☆Star
Gakkougurashi!
Eyeshield 21
Elfen Lied
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Aoi Bungaku Series
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
The iDOLM@STER
Yuru Yuri
Little Busters!
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Kiniro Mosaic
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Gatchaman Crowds
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
One Punch Man
Initial D First Stage
Air Gear
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Hitsugi no Chaika
Nisekoi
Love Live! School Idol Project
White Album

>>Tier 4<<
Gateway anime or shit you watched when you were 10. Shows in this category are typically standard shounen nakama shit and if you thoroughly enjoy them you have shit taste. Honestly anime in this category are no where near as good as the ones above it
Hellsing
Mirai Nikki
Pokemon
Dragon Ball
InuYasha
Konjiki no Gash Bell!!
Fate/Zero
Log Horizon
Naruto
Fairy Tail
Bleach

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd also put a lot of the sports anime in tier 2, only certain audiences like that (diamond no ace, kuroko no basket, prince of tennis and so on)

hibeke euphonium is def tier 1.5 worthy, one punch man seems better than tier 3 but not as good as tier 2 idk :I
also where is assassination classroom

if you dont put Shinsekai Yori in there i'll track you, kidnap you, and make you watch Mekakucity Actors for 10 hours straight.

edit:
U also forgot:

Oregairu (1.5)(I'm biased)
Nichijou (1.5)
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (1.5)(I'm biased)
Baccano (1.5)(I'm biased)
Joshiraku (2')
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (2)
Working!! (3)
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor (1.5)
Guilty Crown (2')
Death Parade (1.5)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Zekai (2)

Last edited:
Also wanted to add Claymore to Tier 1.5 and Mushishi in Tier 1. I also agree with majority of the sports anime to be added to tier 2, Hajime no ippo and slam dunk can be the exception in tier 1.5 imo.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Hello???? Why is Fate/Zero in Tier 4????
Seems like you're the one with shit tastes to me

E: So that this isn't a shitpost, nomming Haikyuu for Tier 2'. IMO it goes hand in hand with kuroko no basket except Haikyuu isn't bad but it's essentially the same thing except in volleyball form.

Cowboy Bebop - > Tier 1.5

Cowboy Bebop is as cool as cool can get, but unfortunately it is an episodic, which can only be so good. Episodic Shows just aren't as good as shows with a deep plot imo.

Toradora - > Tier 1

This is one of the funniest shows I've ever watched, and I may be overrating it by the surprise that it actually made me laugh as much as it did, but I feel this is a shows anyone who likes anime would enjoy, and should watch.

Naruto - > Tier 3

Shows like this get more hate than they deserve because they also receive more praise than they deserve. While Naruto might not have the strongest plot, it does have a lot of really interesting characters, and fantastic fights, the best being during the Chunnin Exams, and against the Sound 5 imo.

Fate/Stay Night - > Tier Don't Watch

It's so ass

Reactions: nui

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nomming Inazuma Eleven for tier two for being an actually good kids show. Also Clannad and Clannad Afterstory are so different in terms of quality that there should be an exception here that allows them to separated (Clannad AS is a low tier 1/high tier 1.5 whereas Clannad is a low 2 at best)

Also where is Cory in the House? That shit is the best anime ever.

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei for tier 1
Gankutsuou for tier 2
Boku Dake for tier 2'

Kanye West's Good Morning and Pharell William's It Girl produced by Takashi Murakami for tier 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)