Doubles Dark Horse Project V.2.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to join this with my reg team that has 2 uu mon, but I don't think I'm allowed to do that am I?
You're allowed, but that defeats the purpose and is boring. I could use most of my main teams. Get creative :D

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
kk then I don't Want to ruin this competition considering my team is at 11th on the ladder now
I'll use a variation of it. ALL of them are UU (just because)
Pokemon: Slowking/Blastoise/Aurorus/Escavalier/Magnezone/Diancie
Alt: fangame(UU)

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using Glaceon for a few days, while I will admit it needs hail support to be viable, but with the support I'm having some success.

With ice body the heal helps cushion the life orb which allows it to hit harder using blizzard than Abomasnow. Its attacking movepool is very sparce, but its support movepool is something to look at. I'm using a mono attacker (Blizzard/Ice Beam for wide guard) at the moment because water pulse is its only other coverage move, but is I'm assuming incompatible with ice body, and snow cloak being banned its my only option.

Baby doll eyes is my move of choice after protect and attacks, as it has priority, and can cushion some physical hits while TR is down and help me live longer to set it up.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
fuck arcanine, in with noivern, rotom-mow, flareon, absol and raikou

alt: jump into colours

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
made another account as well called Sequoia Throne
mons are Darkrai and kyurem (lol)

made c again, will keep going etc

edit: made b

finally is indeed a thot

Last edited:

screwing up mako's streak

Now that I've reached 1675, I'll use this post to give an idea of how my dark horses have worked for me.

Horse Sets: (the EVs are pretty bad but i'm lazy)

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Fake Out/Tailwind

OHKOs M-Gar, outspeeds Breloom.

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 144 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover/Safeguard
- Protect

Talonflame LO BB is 3HKO with Sitrus, outspeeds Rotom-W

Team Used:

Mew is the more successful one imo, and I'd describe it as a mixture of Cresselia and Thundurus. 100 stats across the board give it both great bulk and decent speed, and you have the option of using it to outspeed Brelooms and such. If you carry WoW, you can actually cripple and survive an encounter with Bisharp. While Cress has greater defenses, Mew could potentially use a more decent bulky offensive set and compensate slightly with Sitrus, while still having a wider movepool. The movepool is fantastic by the way, most exceptionally Fake Out, Taunt, WoW, Thunder Wave and Roost. Offensively, it's options are wider too, but I've never tested it much outside of just Psychic. Things it's got are Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Volt Switch, Stone Edge and a few more that suck. A benefit of Mew over Thundy is obviously the better bulk, but it still manages to be fast/strong enough to beat the Musketeers, Amoonguss (taunt even blocks sleep with cress can't), and M-Venu. In all, Mew shouldn't be written off as a gimmick perpetrator, you should try it for the bulk over Thundy, the versatility and speed over Cresselia, and the support movepool.

Milotic, while somewhat a letdown, put in work discouraging Intimidate, and more rarely Icy Wind and Snarl. Landog and Scrafty leads suddenly became very risky for the opponent. I tried using this to my advantage with both M-Mawile and Terrakion, who are usually hindered by Intimidate spam, and this way I could abuse their sheer power better. Milotic's physical bulk isn't fantastic, and I usually find it crumbling too fast without doing much damage, but I feel this is more of an issue with my team, having only semi-Intimidate and typically using Thunder Wave over WoW on Mew. It would probably work better with more physical support. But anyways, with both mediocre Defense and Sp. Atk, Milotic isn't too great, but punishing Intimidate can be pretty clutch at times. Also, it's bulkier than Bisharp, allowing for more switch-in opportunities, and the typing fits better with Mawile and Terrakion.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
wllmagic, have you considered using a more offensive Milotic spread? I haven't had more time to test this, but when I've tried Milotic I've found that bulky sets don't have as much of an effect on the battle and leave a lot to be desired in comparison with (for example) Choice Specs. A more offensive set might throw off the bulky offense idea you have on that team though (lol Mew wouldn't fit with Specs Milo at all)...

Ah, sorry for the lateness Arcticblast
I have actually tested LO, but I found myself getting knocked out too fast; there were times when I groaned the recoil being the reason I was fainted. Again, this may be due to my lack of proper Intimidate. Usually, through turning a 2HKO into 3HKO I was able to get more damage off, so I stuck to a bulkier spread halfway through. But mainly, I just saw Milotic as something to counter Intimidate and treated it as a scald spamming tank, so I felt I didn't need to invest so offensively (competetive boost is insane). Uh, but I admit I haven't experimented with Milotic a whole lot.
I'm not sure if Choice Specs would be so good, as Milotic's offensive movepool is quite barren/terrible, with only Hydro Pump, Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse to speak of. IMO it would prefer Protect, Recover, Safeguard and Icy Wind for support as it can't stand solely offensively (i forgot to edit in Safeguard before). But my opinion isn't that reliable so w/ever.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The milotic offensive set i use is:
Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Recover
This is to outspeed max adamant bisharp. This is the max speed it should have, as the next major benchmark requires timid. The lack of bulk is some what disappointing, however sitrus berry and recover do help. Recover does seem weird to have, dragon pulse or hp grass can be used instead, but it has saved me a few times (and would have kept me in major without crit + spdef drop, but that whining is for another time). Also note that i use it with tailwind as it pairs well with a specific pokemon, which is why i want it more offensive. You might want more speed than 44, as most rotom creep a bit to creep other creepers. Either way milotic is a cool poke, nice alternative to bisharp as it beats pretty much every intimidate user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)