Do Any Of Your Friends Play Pokemon?

Well, my friends USED to play Pokemon, but they don't anymore. One of the main reasons I used to play was because my friends did, but now, I'm probably the only one in my circle who (openly) plays it. =( Do your friends play Pokemon with you, or is it just you?

Yeah, lots of my friends (irl or internet) still play, and in some extreme cases like my ex they are more of a "fanboy" than myself.

My irl friends play, but not as much. And their casual players so they don't now anything about EVs or IVs. I like to whoop them in battles.

With me it is almost the same. I have one friend who understands natures, EVs and IVs. He has hardly any EV trained Pokemon with suitable natures.

YEP!

Its actually had a bit of a revival at my school. A couple of buddies and I used to play at lunch... openly (which is saying alot for high school)

There was a time last year where i was walking around right after school and actually saw THREE different groups playing around shool. In my Physics class (which was a joke) there was about eight of us who brought our gameboys/ds to class and played, battled, and traded all generations during the class. good times...

Alot of people at my school play Pokemon actually. Just not as seriously as Smogon. You'd be amazed how many high school kids still play the games as a casual past time.

Well NONE of my friends play Pokemon anymore and I am so pissed I didn't want to feel like a nerd playing so thanks so much for relieving me guys! ^_^

My best friend plays Pokemon competitively, but as for my other friends, very few of them play, and the couple that do know nothing of "hardcore battling" and consider me a Pokemon God. (I once asked some one if they EV train and they said "Yeah, mine became an Umbreon!")>_<
They mostly play Pokemon cause it's become a fad in that group to be obsessed with the original Pokemon episodes.

I have two friends who are very competitive but for the most part all of my other friends do not play. Most of those friends actually came from other competitive games.

eh, I have a friend who knows what ev's are, but doesn't go beyond the generic 252/252/4 spreads. He doesn't iv breed either. If he finds a pokemon with the right nature, he ev's it up however he feels like it. And he doesn't have a "team," just a few pogeys that he ev trained. At my school, the big thing is World of Warcraft. Hell, this one friend of mine's mom plays more than he does! But yea, I think Wow is a terrible game. Nobody at my school openly plays pokemon, and for the harrassment I give everybody for being addicted to Wow, I feel really hypocritical, so I don't openly play pokemon either, at least not openly competitively.

yeah I have a bunch of friends that play pokemon, some openly, others not so openly. I tell when asked.

I'm lucky. Tuskate is my best friend and anyone who spends time in Wifi knows he (and I) play alot lot.

But 99.5% of my friend hold the fact that I play Pokemon in there blackmail arsenal against me.

Yeah. The ones that do are pretty hardcore about it, too. One of my irl friends actually got me to join this site.

Several of my friends play Pokemon, but it has only been recently. The "smart" or "nerdy" group of kids in my grade (if you want to call us that) has gone through phases of openly carrying around anything from Sudoku to Rubik's Cubes around. This spring, Pokemon became the infatuation around my friends, and twenty of so of us have been openly playing Pokemon. Of course I'm the only one who has a clue about competitive battling, but having friends who also still play makes me feel a whole lot less nerdy.

If it's any consolation I'm in 9th grade going into 10th

A couple non-competitive and another semi-competitive... but they refuse to play me any more because I guess I win too much ;D

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
Once D/P launched, the Pokemon fad swept my town almost as fast as it did when Red & Blue launched back in the day. For a few months, I had a solid group of 5+ friends which played the game on a regular basis with me. Now, one of my good friends still plays as much as I do, along with two or three of his friends (I have yet to play with them myself), and my girlfriend also loves to play with me. So, I can say that at the moment, I have 2 people that I enjoy playing this series with.

No.

That is why I, at one point, owned Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Colosseum, Box, and the Colosseum bonus disc. This enabled me to get 383/386 of the Pokedex.

I did make some other friends. One friend at school gave me the MATTLE Ho-Oh. I lost Sapphire while trying to send it to Little Green Yoda (my fault entirely). By then it was just filler for doing multiple runs, so it was not much of a loss. After a month of soft resetting for Jirachi, LGY sent me back the Colosseum disc and with it Celebi and Lugia to make 385/386.

But for most of my time playing Pokemon (February 6, 2005 - February 1, 2008), it has been entirely on my own.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
a couple of my friends picked it up (because we all got dses + flashcards) and we had a couple of battles, but outside of that there wasn't a whole lot of pokemoning among my real life friends. and certainly never online; i've made friends with people THROUGH online pokemon but i've never had a friend join pokemon.

my girlfriend plays pokemon on and off; she has a clefable and it's great. actually let's look up her team just for kicks.

"pinky" the clefairy, "banano" the monferno, "stupid" the gyarados, "jeffie" the roselia, "star" the staravia, and "med" the meditite.

all in caps, all level 30ish.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
lol awesome cloud

nobody i know plays it. my brother does kind of but not competitively or anything. i did send him a team one time though so he had fought people irl i guess. i plan to buy my girlfriend pokemon diamond sometime and try to teach her how to play a little bit which could be fun.

I stopped playing until around freshman year of high school, when i started to get into RSE with some of my other friends. most of these friends stopped playing once D/P came out, and now i only know four or five who play, although im trying to get one of these guys to start playing competitively. although if its any consolation for me, they all know about EVs/IVs. except for one of my friends, who, when i told him i was EV training, responded by telling me he had an eevee. and apparently one of my friends plays on NB, but he told me he thought set up moves like agility and SD were useless, so i question his judgement on all things pokemon.

As it happens, my best friend plays Pokémon fairly competitively and often drops by to battle/trade. Other than that, there are a few people who play it in my town, but they tend to be quite fanboyish (Pokémon wallpaper etc.) and rubbish when it comes to battling so I stay well clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)