Deoxys-S

Deoxys-S
The king of entry hazards, Deoxys-S, enters the new generation with sadly, little change. Nonetheless, he remains a very viable lead and will continue to see success in the new metagame. Just a friendly reminder, please do not discuss his tiering!

Code:
Deoxys-S
Typing: Psychic
Ability: Pressure
When this Pokemon is hit by a move, the attacker's PP is lowered by 2 rather than 1.

Stats (Base Stats):

HP: 50
Attack: 95
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 180

Moves:

Normal Forme Level Up:

Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Wrap, Lv9: Night Shade, Lv17: Teleport, Lv25: Knock Off, Lv33: Pursuit, Lv41: Psychic, Lv49: Snatch, Lv57: Psycho Shift, Lv65: Zen Headbutt, Lv73: Cosmic Power, Lv81: Recover, Lv89: Psycho Boost, Lv97: Hyper Beam

Attack Forme Level Up:

Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Wrap, Lv9: Night Shade, Lv17: Teleport, Lv25: Taunt, Lv33: Pursuit, Lv41: Psychic, Lv49: Superpower, Lv57: Psycho Shift, Lv65: Zen Headbutt, Lv73: Cosmic Power, Lv81: Zap Cannon, Lv89: Psycho Boost, Lv97: Hyper Beam

Defense Forme Level Up:

Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Wrap, Lv9: Night Shade, Lv17: Teleport, Lv25: Knock Off, Lv33: Spikes, Lv41: Psychic, Lv49: Snatch, Lv57: Psycho Shift, Lv65: Zen Headbutt, Lv73: Iron Defense, Lv73: Amnesia, Lv81: Recover, Lv89: Psycho Boost, Lv97: Counter, Lv 97: Mirror Coat

Speed Forme Level Up:

Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Wrap, Lv9: Night Shade, Lv17: Double Team, Lv25: Knock Off, Lv33: Pursuit, Lv41: Psychic, Lv49: Swift, Lv57: Psycho Shift, Lv65: Zen Headbutt, Lv73: Agility, Lv81: Recover, Lv89: Psycho Boost, Lv97: Extremespeed

TMs (All Formes):

TM03: Psycho Shock, TM04: Calm Mind, TM06: Toxic, TM10: Hidden Power, TM11: Sunny Day, TM12: Taunt, TM13: Ice Beam, TM15: Hyper Beam, TM16: Light Screen, TM17: Protect, TM18: Rain Dance, TM19: Telekinesis, TM20: Safeguard, TM21: Frustration, TM22: Solar Beam, TM24: Thunderbolt, TM25: Thunder, TM27: Return, TM29: Psychic, TM30: Shadow Ball, TM31: Brick Break, TM32: Double Team, TM33: Reflect, TM39: Rock Tomb, TM40: Aerial Ace, TM41: Torment, TM42: Facade, TM44: Rest, TM47: Ankle Sweep, TM48: Troll, TM51: Side Change, TM52: Focus Blast, TM53: Energy Ball, TM56: Fling, TM57: Charge Beam, TM68: Giga Impact, TM70: Flash, TM73: Thunder Wave, TM77: Psych Up, TM80: Rock Slide, TM84: Poison Jab, TM85: Dream Eater, TM86: Grass Knot, TM87: Swagger, TM90: Substitute, TM91: Flash Cannon, TM92: Trick Room, TM94: Rock Smash, HM01: Cut, HM04: Strength

New Move Descriptions:

Psycho Shift: 
Special 
Type: Psychic
PP: 10 
BP: 80 
Acc.: 100 
Deals physical damage.

Telekinesis:
Support 
PP: 15
BP: 0
Acc.: 0
Attacks are more likely to hit opponent.

Troll (LMAO):
Special
Type: Normal
BP: 60
Acc.: 100
If everyone sing together you can use the move in successive turns and have it's power increase.

Side Change:
Support
BP: 0
Acc.: 0
The user teleports and switches places with one of it's teammates.
Potential Set(s):

Name: Classic Lead
Move 1: Stealth Rock
Move 2: Spikes
Move 3: Taunt/Magic Coat
Move 4: Superpower/Ice Beam
Item: Lum Berry/Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP l 4 Def l 252 Spe

Commentary:
Ah, the good ol' Deoxys-S. This set combines all of Deoxys-S's unique attributes to form the best entry hazard stacker in the game! Only scarfed 'Mons have the ability to out speed and prevent Deoxys-S from stacking up entry hazards or Taunting the opposing lead to prevent their own entry hazards from being placed! Stealth Rock is a necessity on every type of team, as it transforms many 2HKOs into OHKOs, 3HKOs into 2HKOs and so on. Spikes adds the residual damage that assists it's teammates in sweeping. Superpower destroys any Darkrai, Tyranitar, Heatran, and such that opt to stay into Deoxys-S in hopes of either eliminating it or stopping it from using Spikes or Stealth Rock. To top it all off, Deoxys-S can use Taunt to beat opposing leads and PHazers.

Can't wait to see how this guy fares in the 5th generation, since he can be beat a lot easier this time around. Mischievous Heart is an issue, but that can dealt with through other members of the team. Discuss!

Other Sets:
TrickScarf Deoxys lead worked absolute miracles in past Gen Ubers.
Would it still work? I can see it used behind Zoroark to absolutely destroy their lead.

I prefer Jibaku's (relatively) bulky spread.
Deoxys @ Choice Scarf
[244 HP / 40 DEF / 52 SPE / 172 SpD]
Careful Natured
Pressure
-Spikes
-Taunt / Magic Coat
-Extremespeed / Superpower
-Trick

How would this affect leads in Gen V metagame?

Mischievious Heart is going to drastically reduce the insanity of Deoxys-S as a lead. Because no amount of speed can outdo priority.

Deoxys-s will not go to ubers check. With all the fast and furios sweepers going around doxys-s will be an invaluable asset to some teams.

Still, there's only a handful of 'Mons that have Taunt + MH. He can function as a tremendous lead regardless, as the few 'Mons that have that combo are very frail, and can be dealt with by Ice Beams and other moves Deoxys can carry.

Erufuun kind of screws you over with priority Taunt and U turn, and Leperadesu does something similar with priority Taunt and STAB Pursuit. I'm not so sure that Deoxys-S will become the go-to lead anymore, especially since Erufuun/Leperadesu can Encore any Ice Beam/Superpower if it runs a sash, making Deoxys-S the perfect setup bait for Shanderaa.

Still, there's only a handful of 'Mons that have Taunt + MH. He can function as a tremendous lead regardless, as the few 'Mons that have that combo are very frail, and can be dealt with by Ice Beams and other moves Deoxys can carry.
They'd still be entirely capable of doing their jobs as LEADS. Set up Entry Hazards w/ priority, prevent the other guy from doing so.

If Deoxys-S becomes so used that he increases the number of MH+Taunt leads in retaliation, he could have a helper with Magic Mirror as its ability, though that opens a whole new group of problems in that it's doubling up on Dark-type weak mons.

EDIT: LEADS! I MEANT LEADS! NOT SWEEPERS!

Erufuun kind of screws you over with priority Taunt and U turn, and Leperadesu does something similar with priority Taunt and STAB Pursuit. I'm not so sure that Deoxys-S will become the go-to lead anymore.
Mhm. I'll slash in Ice Beam with Superpower for the MH genie and Erufuun.

Mischievous Heart isn't as bad as it sounds since Deoxys-S knows Extremespeed, which has +2 priority; though, using him as a DS lead wouldn't be wise now. I'm still going to use him as my lead in Ubers when the test server goes back up in PO.

Hardly anything gets mischievous heart outside of DW. Seeing as Deoxys-S got no notable new moves, and there aren't any pokemon faster than it, I see it playing the same role as in Gen IV. Extremespeed going to +2 is a bonus, I guess... Because Deoxys-S definitely needs more speed

Mischievious Heart is going to drastically reduce the insanity of Deoxys-S as a lead. Because no amount of speed can outdo priority.
4 SpAtk Deoxys-S can 2HKO all of the Miscievous Heart Pokemon with Ice Beam besides Leperasudo and Sableye (who only get it from the DW so we won't see them on Pokemon Lab in the begining). Max SpAtk Deoxys-S should be able to 2HKO Leperasudo most of the time since it has a chance to 2HKO with 4 SpAtk.

So Deoxys-S isn't comepletely stopped by MH Taunters as long as it runs Ice Beam. I'd run Ice Beam anyway, as long as you don't see Lead Tyranitar constantly, since you can outspeed +1 Salamence and Scarf Garchomp as well as the other Dragons at +1.

4 SpAtk Deoxys-S can 2HKO all of the Miscievous Heart Pokemon with Ice Beam besides Leperasudo and Sableye (who only get it from the DW so we won't see them on Pokemon Lab in the begining). Max SpAtk Deoxys-S should be able to 2HKO Leperasudo most of the time since it has a chance to 2HKO with 4 SpAtk.

So Deoxys-S isn't comepletely stopped by MH Taunters as long as it runs Ice Beam. I'd run Ice Beam anyway, as long as you don't see Lead Tyranitar constantly, since you can outspeed +1 Salamence and Scarf Garchomp as well as the other Dragons at +1.
The point is that Deoxys-S is no longer in a league of its own as a lead. It's certainly not incompetent, but it is no longer the pinnacle of leading efficiency.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
You know, Deo DOES get Magic Coat, which, you know, is Taunt 2.0 now.

It can beat Mischievous Heart Pokemon with a priority move which beats their priority moves.

The point is that Deoxys-S is no longer in a league of its own as a lead. It's certainly not incompetent, but it is no longer the pinnacle of leading efficiency.
MH priority also hampers other leads, anyway additions to the metagame naturally lead to diversity, and therefore less efficent leads/ whatever. Everything has therefore got relatively worse, and relatively better in-tandem. I'd say Deoxys-S is still one of the best, if not the best, leads in the metagame.

By max Sp. Atk, do you mean with or without a modest nature?

And what exactly does Magic Coat do?

^^ Magic Coat is a priority move that sends back any sort of status/hazard affliction back at them- Taunt, Encore, Leech Seed, Spikes, SR, Status moves, etc. It will basically stop anything that a MH user tries to mess Deozy-S with.

Of course, if the MH user sees the Magic Coat coming, he can just attack Deoxy-S and ruin his strategy outright, allowing the MH user to come back and wreak all sorts of havoc. Deoxy-S and Magic Coat against MH user will certainly be a fun mindgame battle.

^^ Magic Coat is a priority move that sends back any sort of status/hazard affliction back at them- Taunt, Encore, Leech Seed, Spikes, SR, Status moves, etc. It will basically stop anything that a MH user tries to mess Deozy-S with.

Of course, if the MH user sees the Magic Coat coming, he can just attack Deoxy-S and ruin his strategy outright, allowing the MH user to come back and wreak all sorts of havoc. Deoxy-S and Magic Coat against MH user will certainly be a fun mindgame battle.
Throw Zoroark into the mix just for the added mindscrew.

Lmao, not only can he easily kill the MH user, but he can troll them to no end. Oh how I love GameTroll. Slashed in Magic Coat into the OP.

TrickScarf Deoxys lead worked absolute miracles in past Gen Ubers.
Would it still work? I can see it used behind Zoroark to absolutely destroy their lead.

I prefer Jibaku's (relatively) bulky spread.
Deoxys @ Choice Scarf
[244 HP / 40 DEF / 52 SPE / 172 SpD]
Careful Natured
Pressure
-Spikes
-Taunt / Magic Coat
-Extremespeed / Superpower
-Trick

How would this affect leads in Gen V metagame?

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry / Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
- Extremespeed
- Ice Punch
- Taunt / Magic Coat / Superpower
- Stealth Rock / Spikes

Encore does nothing if Erufuun/Leperadesu/Genies use it first turn with priority. Deoxys-S uses Taunt/Magic Coat to neuter said Pokemons or wreck them with Ice Punch/Superpower followed by Extremespeed.

Still, I can't see Leperadusu getting much usage for standard play anyway. Taunting Deoxys is about all it's good for.
But I haven't really looked at it all that much. I'm most probably wrong. XD

Right, the Trick-Scarf set. I would personally stick to the traditional Focus Sash/Lum Berry lead, since it doesn't run into issue with Taunt MHers. Other than that, stuck it into the OP.

What about a late game cleaner? It has type coverage above Starmie, better bulk, and speed. It can also revenge kill Ononokusu, Mence, Chomp, Gyarados, and the lot.

Name: LO Sweeper
Move 1: Ice Beam
Move 2: Thunder/Thunderbolt
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Superpower/Recover
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Hasty/Naive/Timid
EVs: 4 Atk l 252 Sp. Atk l 252 Spe or 4 Def l 252 Sp. Atk l 252 Spe

That lead Life Orb sweeper will be unexpected. People expecting Spikes leads and then they get blasted by Deoxys-s' attacks. It can also run Taunt to prevent Stealth Rock and set up though.

It's not meant to lead. That set uses Deoxys-S's excellent speed, type coverage, and decent attacking stats to finish off weakened teams. Sorry about the funny wording. :P

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

*Erufuun Used Substitute!*
*Deoxys-S used Magic Coat! But it Failed!*

Anyway, I could see Deoxys-S as being an OK Life Orb Sweeper, since a lot of Choice Scarfed Pokemon do not outspeed him. Keep in mind this is designed for OU.

Doexys-S @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe Timid
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Focus Blast
~Psychoo Boost?

^That was basically the LO cleaner set used before the lead set was discovered; it is quite hard to revenge thanks to its high speed and decent bulk (50/90/90 defenses aren't all that bad).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)