Deoxys-E Cup (time to test it in standard)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The thread's already been done. Basically max Speed and Special Attack/Attack and try to sweep or counter common Scarfers is the best it can do other than Countercoat.

Also, it's Deoxys-S now.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
If I were to use Deoxys-S, I'd do something like Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Superpower/Recover with Life Orb; it messes up a lot of stuff. Calm Mind over Recover and used with Expert Belt could also be an option, I suppose, so Cresselia doesn't completely ruin the set. Alternatively, one could use HP Fighting/Shadow Ball with Calm Mind, Recover, and Life Orb, which breaks through both Cresselia and Blissey without Thunder Wave; Focus Blast's PP and accuracy suck. Basically, use a Fighting move on Deoxys-S so it doesn't get raped by Tyranitar, and then have a field day.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why did you make this thread, Mario With Lasers? I am just asking because, while I think it's fair to talk about this tournament, given that it's taking place on the only decent battle simulator our community currently has, you're still technically breaking both the "advertising" rule and the talking about "status in ubers" rule.

To be clear, this is neither a trick nor a rhetorical question. I want an honest answer.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Jumpman, I guess that some people just recognise Shoddy as a superior authority in competitive battling at the moment, and that there decisions are final due to their status as the only decent battle simulator. Of course, not everyone agrees.

But I guess this is the best time for me to raise the question so I'll just go ahead and shoot.

I use the Smogon tier list, not the Shoddy tier list. If this testing was to be a success, and Shoddy implemented Deoxys-E into OU, would Smogon consider doing the same?

I'm sorry if it's too early to raise the question, but I think it's likely he will prove himself to be fair.

Quite truthfully, I can say Shoddy is getting a large following currently, and their decisions might be followed by a lot of people. I would be interested to see Smogon's reactions. I'd say Deoxys-E would prove himself to be an OU.
As for sets, Belt, CM, Taunt, SBall/HP Fight might work. One could also do Recover LO sets and stuff like that. I might go for LO because my sweepers could actually absorb the status moves, or just go TauntDos on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)