Decent team made fast! UU RMT

Oh, no one killed this thread yet. I finished it, so it is all cool now.

Alright, so I really wanted to get into new UU, but didn't have too much time to make a team. So I simply slapped together a few pokemon that had a bit of "synergy", and put them together. The results were quite good; I hit the leaderboard, and lost relatively few times.

The team is pretty simple: I have Registeel as my lone support pokemon, then I have three choice users (2 very powerful scarfers, and 1 Bander), a SubCMer, and a big late game sweeper. The team is mostly based around revenge killing; a lot of it. It's quite flexible, and my primary goal is to set up for a sweep for one of my pokemon. They have pretty good synergy. The primary flaw to this team is that it is extremely prediction heavy, and though Registeel is very reliable, he does die eventually.

Changes in BOLD

So let's get started:

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Blaze
4 Atk/252 SpA/252
Modest
-Eruption
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-HP Rock
-Focus Blast

Seriously, a great lead. He is easily one of the fastest pokemon in this metagame, and combined with the power of STAB Eruption, he is quite a force. He simply beat most other leads into complete submission with the power of this move. Hail teams had better be scared of this thing. Flash Fire leads can be annoying, though, and I usually need to take care sometimes.

Earthquake is here specifically for those Flash Fire leads. Some Atk EVs would probably be nice, but generally, I'll have rocks up before I start Earthquaking, so they are mostly unecessary. Not used too much; Eruption and Fire Blast are great moves later.

HP Ice is for....I'm not even sure. Altaria is the only dragon to come to mind. Eruption and Fire Blast, and Flamethrower to an extent, all hit as hard or harder than a SE HP Ice. So...maybe something else here.

Fire Blast and Flamethrower are here as the final sweeper moves, and with Blaze, they totally kick ass. Flamethrower is more accurate, which is probably more important when I am at 33% or lower HP, but Fire Blast's power is certainly very useful.

I maxed out Speed just to make sure I will outspeed and kill a lot more Staraptor leads, and beat any Scarf Roserades too. Max SpA because he needs that pop, and 4 atk EVs as filler. I am considering Rash for the extra power, since most Staraptor probably go for Adamant.

Stealth Rock obviously bothers this later, so it is important to get this guy in when I can earlier. However, rocks can be useful in activating Blaze for any late game sweeps.

In terms of overall teamwork, the guy is here to start off games with a bang. Generally, he can do some good damage early game, as well as sorta sift through the opposing team as they bring in their bulky waters. Later, he can still do a decent job at revenging, but more importantly, can pull of fantastic Blaze sweeps.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Levitate
108 HP/180 SpA/220 Spd
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting

I originally had Raikou, but I did not appreciate the triple EQ weak. So I went with a very solid SubCMer sweeper, Missy. Quite a force, she easily sets up on many special attackers, and then can sweep that her solid Spd and SpA stats.

Calm Mind and Sub are pretty standard. Boost and protect from status. The useful ghost typing, along with it's excellant special defense mean that Chansey is mere set up bait.

Shadow Ball is a powerful STAB move with special Def drops; very useful. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball provide awesome coverage; only Magnezone resists the combination. I prefer T-Bolt over HP Fighting because it hits those bulky waters, and is my only electric attack, which is a very useful type indeed.

Standard EVs, though I might add more HP and Def so that Registeel can be used as set up bait too.

Missy provides me with a bulky special sweeper that can set up against a lot of walls that otherwise beat my other sweepers. Ghost is fantastic, and with Levitiate, Missy finds many ways to absorb attacks that would otherwise hurt my other pokemon. Her resists/immunities are what made her better than Raikou.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Clear Body
252 Hp/112 Atk/144 SpD
Bold
-Stealth Rock
-Iron head
-Earthquake
-Toxic

Registeel is on this for only one reason, and that he is absolutely the best support pokemon in UU right now. He is so good that I can use him very effectivly, with that awesome pure steel typing.

Stealth Rock is extremely important for an offensive team, as I cause a lot of switches with my high powered threats. It also tones down the likes of Staraptor, and the overall wear down helps Azumarill's Aqua Jet sweeps.

Earthquake is to slam Raikou, as the thing can be a bit on the annoying side. It also provides useful coverage with Iron head.

Iron Head's flinch goes well with T-Wave, and also helps make Registeel not be bait for Mismagius. Though he can't break the subs on Missys with a lot of Def/HP.

Toxic is really good; it helps break down defensive pokemon like Milotic, Slowbro, and Uxie, who are otherwise really annoying.

Max HP since that is the most efficient way to increase bulk. Bold and 144 SpD EVs help keep Registeel tough on both spectrums, and the Attk EVs make sure that Registeel will be breaking plenty of Missy subs.

Overall, Registeel is the glue of my team. He is my transition pokemon a lot of the time, and is usually my safe switch into anything if I fear a wrong predict. Really helps keep my from losing too much from predictions. Really awesome sweeper stopper too.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Steadfast
4 hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant
-Close Combat
-Zen Headbutt
-X Scissor
-Ice Punch

Rigged. that is mostly what I have to say about Gallade. When Slowbro, Spiritomb, and others are out on vacation in Pokemon hell/heavan, Gallade has a lot of fun with the wrecking ball that is STAB Close Combat off 383 Atk and 388 Spd. Viciously powerful, he can run through a team that has lost their psychic/ghost.

Zen Headbutt is his alternate STAB, and a fine one it is. Also capable of 2hkoing a lot, with the nice chance at flinch too. Usually used when I fear a ghost coming in, and I want to smack them hard.

Night Slash is rarely used, as something liek Spiritomb is barely touched anyway. Does some minor damage to Slowbro. Kinda sucks overall.

Ice Punch is also pretty useless, except when I predict something like Staraptor (rarely).

Maxed out offensive stats for maximum...offense I guess.

Gallade pretty much speaks for itself. Incredibly powerful, he serves as a great revenger and can help strike terror in my opponents team and cause a lot of switching. It can be hard to get him in though, but his resist to SR certainly helps.

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Own Tempo
212 HP/252 SpA/44 Def
Modest
-Surf
-Psychic
-Fire Blast
-Slack Off/Thunderwave

I decided to try out Slowbro over Azumarill after listening to Raikoulover on the chat, and I was quite impressed. The power and neutral coverage that Slowbro has is impressive, and he combines it very well with his bulk. He almost always gets at least one important kill, as most of his switch ins (besides Milotic) are slammed by his power.

Surf and Psychic are great STABs with a lot of neutral coverage. I spam Surf a lot, as it does hit very hard. Psychic is still great, and I can actually beat Milotic with crits and SpD drops. Fire Blast rounds out the coverage, hitting any random pokemon I need to hit hard, like Articuno. So far I have been using Slack Off, as Slowbro always takes hits throughout the match, so when I feel like I can, I just Slack Off some damage and get out. I have spammed it before against weaker attacks, and its pretty useful. However, T-Wave would help Slowbro outspeed random stuff (maybe...) and KO them with his power. In that case though, I would probably want T Wave on Registeel too.

Slowbro is a great member on my team, with his bulk and typing giving him some great resists in this metagame. Combine that with some awesome power and surprise, and you have a great pokemon. So far, he is much better than Azumarill, since he is much less predictable. And the lack of priority hasn't hurt....yet.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
80 HP/252 SpA/176 Spd
Timid/Modest
-Seed Flare
-HP Fire
-Earth Power
-Synthesis/Rest/Leech Seed

I switched Shaymin over Torterra because Milotic was annoying as hell.

Anyway, Shaymin is easily one of the best pokes in nUU. With its combination of bulk, speed, power, and recovery in the form of Synthesis, along with Natural Cure, you have probably one of the most versatile pokemon in the tier.

Seed Flare is awesome; STAB 120 power with good accuracy and the chance to basically get a nasty plot boost is great. It slams the pokemon that trouble me like Milotic and Slowbro, and is overall just an insanely powerful move. HP Fire and Earth Power to finish up the coverage, hitting grasses and steels and fires. I am still deciding the last move; I am not sure whether or not Synthesis is the best due to its low PP, but it is probably the most reliable.

Shaymin, along with Slowbro and Registeel, are my tanks, and they do a great job at it. And Shaymin especially, with that sweet pure grass typing, takes the cake with resists against water and electric especially.

Comments
As you can see, this team is very specially based, which means if something gets a lot of Calm Minds in, I can get into some trouble (see Spiritomb). Perhaps Azumarill over Slowbro can help that a bit though. Not too sure.

Reserve for how I made this team/Threat List...though it was very quick.

Quick problems for this team:
Walrein-Yeah, this thing is a total pain. Comes in on Typhlosion or Azumarill, and it becomes very hard to kill. Not much I can do though; I generally need to predict well. Sometimes Missy can actually set up on it which is cool.

Toxicroak-This thing can come in on Azumarill, and then it gets quite dangerous, particularly the SubSD set. Not much I have that can handle it.

Spiritomb-Really annoying if Registeel is dead. My team does not enjoy burns, Shadow Sneak kills Missy and Gallade, and not much of my team really wants to take it on.

Rain Dance teams in general can kick my ass, unless I plan extremely carefully and predict well.

Here is a list of some of the pokemon commonly brought up for bans:
Raikou: Luckily for me, I have steelix. And even without him, I can do some dry switching to see what HP it has, and go from there. I have 2 pokemon that outspeed with scarf, and Azumarill. Yes, he can usually get a kill. But normally, the damage is very controlled.

Abamasnow: Doesn't actually matter. As annoying as hail is, I have no way to get weather up anyway. It's mainly the stuff that gets good from hail (Walrein...) that is makes it extremely difficult to take on.

Staraptor: Registeel is probably as good as it gets, as long as I predict right. I have a cool Fighting/Return immunity in Missy. I pack Azumarill, who can priority, Gallade for those CBers, and Typhlosion should outspeed them all

Shaymin: Can be annoying, but I generally can wear it down. Luckily for me, it doesn't have relaible recover beyond rest. Registeel does a fairly good job, and I can usually eventually kill it. Still annoying though.

Why not run Modest / Timid on Typhlosion and then Hidden Power Ground, with all the SpA EVs you have there it will be more powerful AND you won't have the drop in defences. I believe Earthquake was only really used for Tyranitar in OU. You lose Hidden Power Ice this way, but that was only ever useful in OU, because of the abundance of Dragon Types! It will see little use in UU, so it might be worth changing that to Focus Blast, it will still hit Chansey should you predict the switch, although it is not absolutely nessecary as she really is that common anymore. These are probably just minor nitpicks but they are the moves I ended up using in UU, because the old set on the analysis is an outdated OU set. The only thing you will beat by running Timid will be something odd like Scarf Tauros (base 110), so you might as well run Modest, unles you are really keen on beating out other base 100 scarfers.

As for Missy, Hidden Power is a must, that combination is also resisted by Steelix and Cacturne. Steelix can come in and roar you out, not repeatedly, but then again you can't sub repeatedly either. Hidden Power Fighting provides much needed extra support in that area. I don't know why you need the super effective coverage against bulky Waters, Slowbro is hit hard by STAB Shadow Ball anyway, and Milotic can only hit you with Surf that are going to do pittance thanks to Calm Mind. You can avoid their status moves with Substitute. Drop Thunderbolt for Hidden Power Fighting.

Moving on to Registeel I agree that Thunder Wave probably is a waste of a moveslot, so lets see what we can find for you. I would probably suggest toxic, it will wear down any Milotic who may be faster than Torterra, as it will wall the majority of your team, although Missy does find it quite easy to set up on. Either way, it will be a generally useful move that can help you stall out the middle game a bit and leave some threats even more open to a late game Azumarill sweep. X-Scissor will provide you with a little extra power than Night Slash on the Gallade front and will still hit Slowbro, but it won't hit Ghost-types as hard, although you seem to say that you can use Zen headbutt for that anyway. Ice Punch is a nice Safe move that you may use to cover two threats late game say, I don't know. Worth keeping in my opinion.

I do believe you mean 56 EVs in Speed on Azumarill lol. Also, what do you mean the only UU on your team, Azumarill is UU just like the rest of your Pokemon on your team, secondly if you are talking old UU, it most definately is not, Azumarill was always BL back then. Torterra looks fine.

As for the team itself, it looks intelligantly built, you seem to have a good ish answer to most of the common threats and some nice leverage in Azum's Aqua Jet and a wholesome plan. You haven't specifically outlined any thirets you have been having problems with, so I will leave it at that for now. I will of course be sure to check back to see if there is anything that you need help with on that front. Good Luck.

I think you should add HP electric for water pokemon, but on most of them eruption would hit harder anyway so it's not nearly a necessity. For the rest of what i would suggest, read Imran's post

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'd use HP rock to hit altaria and fire types at the same time. Also, use an impish nature on registeel.

If night slash isn't taht useful, use X-scissor to help more against slowbro and for a stronger neutral hit.

Thanks for the rate guys. Definitely solid advice.

I'd still like some advice for Flamethrower vs. Fire Blast for Typhlosion. So far, I'm tilting towards Fire Blast, since the power is nice.

I'm working on a threat list right now, but I'll just stick the troublesome pokemon right now.

Maybe Put Ice punch on Registeel, to help with torterra/shaymin. Team looks pretty good, and scarfphlosion is amazing. I would go with fire blast, just because of the extra damage you can hit for.

I wont provide a full rate, because the team looks pretty good.

I just want to say, watch out for the Fire types that running around. Especially Choice Specs/Banded. Blaziken 2HKOs all of your pokemon with Flare Blitz. Im not sure how to fix this, but you could add a LO or CB Arcanine over CS Gallade, as it can Flash Fire these attacks, and revenge kill Blaziken eeffectively. Don't change your team too much if at all because of this though, its easy to play around.

Hey, I made some changes that I feel have made this team better.

Specsbro over Azumarill.
Shaymin over Torterra.

I'd like some advice on: Specsbro vs. Azumarill; which one fits my team a bit better? I like em both; Slowbro tends to kill more, but Azumarill is a good safety net, and provides me a physical attacker.

As for Shaymin, I could use advice on its nature, moves, and EVs.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)