Tournament DCL I - Player Signups [Custom Avatar Prize, SIGNUPS CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Artwork coming soon™️
Hosted by Nyx & Theia
Welcome everyone to the Draft League subforum's inaugural team tour, Draft Champions League! This tour will consist of 8 teams who will play 8 games per week in a round robin style tour. The top 4 teams will then battle it out in a playoffs bracket to crown our first DCL champions and win a custom avatar for themselves.

When you sign up, you are not only committing to being active, but also to being a positive presence on any team you are drafted to.

Our 8 teams this year will consist of the following manager pairs:
:mew: Tjb145 (tjb145) + hjkhj (theodoremani) - A Mew Beginning :mew:
:zorua-hisui: MattyBrollic (mattybrollic) + TDK (twinkaton) - Bitter Barbies :zorua-hisui:
:dondozo: Hacker (doormoney) + burrg (burrger) - Forfeit Fishermen :dondozo:
:ceruledge: King L5 (kingl5) + Professor Shuckle (professorshuckle) - Infernal Armory :ceruledge:
:garchomp: Rissoux (rissoux) + Finchinator (finchinator) - Land Before Timer :garchomp:
:spectrier: Feyy (feyette) + vengabenga (vengabenga) - Low Horsepower :spectrier:
:sylveon: Sylvi (healingwish) + Garay oak (garay_oak) - Slaying Girlbosses :sylveon:
:ninetales: Almighty Rye (rye8116) + GeniusX (geniusx) - Zero Fox Given :ninetales:

The budget for the auction will be 110k and a minimum of 11 players must be drafted. All managers will be allowed the choice to self-buy themselves for 15k each prior to the start of the auction.

The 8 slots for this tour will be as follows:
:great-tusk: SV Paldea Draft :iron-treads:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tapu-koko: USUM Draft :landorus-therian:
:gardevoir-mega: ORAS Draft :keldeo:
:flutter-mane: SV VGC Draft :urshifu:

All of these formats will follow the most up to date legality for Pokémon as of the beginning of the drafting week (18th September onwards).
The following spoilers outlines the rules for the draft phase, battles, standings and midseason. None of these are finalised and may change up until 24 hours prior to the auction:
  • Teams will draft the following teams: 4x SV Paldea, 3x SS Galar, 2x USUM, 2x ORAS, 2x VGC.​
  • Each team will have up to 90 points with which to draft 8 Pokémon per draft. Costs are listed on each pool’s tab on the drafting spreadsheet.​
  • In ORAS/USUM, teams may only draft 1 Mega Evolution and the non-Mega variants of Pokémon may not Mega Evolve.​
  • If a Pokémon is picked by another team, it may not be picked.​
  • The timer will be 8h long for all rounds and active non-stop once it begins at 12pm GMT-4 on Monday . A team's timer will halve every time they are skipped. This halving will only apply to the pool they were skipped in.​
  • If a legal Pokémon is untiered, please contact a host and they will determine the Pokémon’s cost.​
  • Smogon’s Species Clause applies to all drafts.​
  • THESE RULES ARE TEMPORARY AND WILL BE EDITED ONCE THE DLC HAS RELEASED.
  • Played in the [Gen 9] Tera Preview Paldea Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
  • Once the draft is over, you must declare one Tera Captain. This is the only Pokémon on your draft that may Terastallize. It may Terastallize into any type in any game.​
  • The following complex bans are in place:
    - No Pokémon may use the move Last Respects.
    - No Pokémon may hold the item Leppa Berry.​
  • The following Pokémon may not be Tera-Captains:
    - Baxcalibur
    - Dragonite
    - Iron Bundle
    - Iron Valiant
    - Palafin
    - Regieleki
    - Roaring Moon
    - Tornadus-Therian
    - Urshifu-Single-Strike
    - Zamazenta-Crowned​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    - Pikachu
    - Basculin
    - Oricorio
    - Toxtricity
    - Indeedee
    - Basculegion
    - Oinkologne
    - Maushold
    - Squawkabilly
    - Tatsugiri
    - Dudunsparce​
  • Played in the [Gen 8] Galar Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Kyurem-Black cannot use the move Dragon Dance.
    - Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% may not have the ability Power Construct.
    - Cinderace may not have the ability Libero.​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist
    - Oricorio
    - Silvally
    - Toxtricity
    - Indeedee​
  • Dynamax and Gigantamax are banned.​
  • At the end of the draft, teams must declare 2 Z-Captains for each draft, these are the only Pokémon that will be able to use Z-Moves on that draft.​
  • Played in the [Gen 7] Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Mega Kangakhan may not use the move Seismic Toss.
    - Blaziken may not have the ability Speed Boost.
    - Greninja may not have the abilitiy Protean nor Battle Bond.
    - Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% may not have the ability Power Construct.​
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist
    - Oricorio
    - Silvally​
  • All omniboosting Z-moves are banned. This includes the Kommonium Z and subsequently, Clangorous Soulblaze.​
  • Played in the [Gen 6] Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Blaziken may not have the ability Speed Boost.
    - Greninja may not have the ability Protean.
    - No Pokémon may hold the item Soul Dew.​
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist​
  • Swagger Clause: A Pokémon may not have Swagger in its moveset.​
  • Played in the [Gen 9] 4v4 Doubles Draft tier on play.pokemonshowdown.com.
  • The ban list will follow that of Play Pokémon’s Regulation Set D, found here.
  • Of the clauses listed under Battle Rules, only Species and Endless Battle Clause apply.
  • Team Lock Clause: Players must use the same team for all games of a given week. To prevent the changing of teams between games in a single week, all games must be challenged before the first game begins.
  • Item Clause: Players cannot have two of the same item on the same team.
  • Matches must be played at level 50.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.​
  • The following clauses apply:
    - Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
    - Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokémon on their opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
    - Evasion Clause: A Pokémon may not hold an item, use a move or possess an ability that can increase their evasion stat.
    - OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
    - Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokémon with the ability Moody.
    - Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
    - Baton Pass Clause: A Pokemon may have Baton Pass in its moveset but may only dry-pass, nothing may be intentionally passed via Baton Pass, including stat boosts, Substitutes, and move effects, besides the Pokemon itself.​
  • Any items unreleased in SV/SS/USUM/ORAS are banned.​
  • Replays must be posted to the week's thread.​
  • This tour will operate on a points based standings. Teams will gain 2 points for a week win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. The more points a team has, the higher they are on the standings. The secondary metric will be battle differential (number of battles won/lost).
  • Tiebreakers will only occur at the end of the regular season, if two or more teams are tied in both points and battle differential. Ties that do not affect playoff qualification but do impact playoffs seeding will be decided via the two teams' h2h results.
  • Between weeks 3 and 4, teams will be given a week off to make transactions to their drafts. This is the only point in the season during which transactions are legal.
  • Teams will be allowed the following number of transactions:
    - 10x SV Paldea
    - 8x SS Galar
    - 5x USUM
    - 5x ORAS
    - 5x SV VGC
  • These transactions are shared across all of a team’s drafts within a format.
  • At the end of the midseason, all drafts must abide by the original rules.
  • No players may be dropped, barring players removed from the tour by the hosts. These may be replaced immediately.
  • No players may be picked up post-midseason unless a team drops below the 11 player minimum.

We will be adapting rules from this thread for the majority of our decisions. Please read them and familiarise yourself with them.

USE THIS FORM TO SIGNUP

The tiers you select are not binding, they just indicate your preferences to the managers.

Signups close 24 hours before the auction (TBD).​

Last edited:
User name: EndlessGadgets

Time Zone GMT-4

Discord Tag endlessgadgets

Tiers Preferred SS Galar, USUM

Availability I work long hours because of a long commute but I'm available whenever I'm not at work and also on weekends.

Player Info 7 team tour championships, most notably COK S3, TDT S1 and 2, and DLWC S1
Top 16 in Smogon USUM Cup, only loss was to King L5
Won one of the BBL Tournaments (don't remember how many there have been but it was the only actual ubers one for SV)
Top 32 in multiple other tournaments, including Cash Gang Circuit USUM and SWSH Cups
Probably some smaller stuff I'm forgetting since I've been doing this for so long

Last edited by a moderator:
User name: xdRudi.exe

Time Zone GMT+2

Discord Tag xdrudi

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, SS Galar, USUM

Availability always available (?)

Player Info water addict (??)

User name: Hyperium1233

Time Zone GMT-3

Discord Tag hyperium4552

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, USUM

Availability Any time

Player Info .

User name: Zooch

Time Zone GMT-7

Discord Tag _Zooch_

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, SS Galar, USUM, ORAS

Availability No availability issues.

Player Info Have won multiple leagues and team tours as well as MVP in PWS. Also reached circuit playoffs for the smogon draft classic! Will provide active team support as well whether im starting or on the bench!! Wooooo

User name: JhawkKing

Time Zone GMT-4

Discord Tag Seelmonster

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, ORAS, SV VGC

Availability Monday - Sunday: Free most times except for a 3-4 hour block from 17:00 - 21:00 GMT -4, otherwise can be flexible with schedule

Player Info Have been playing draft since 2015, hope that goes for something!

User name: SlickPanther

Time Zone GMT+1

Discord Tag .slickpanther.

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, SS Galar, ORAS

Availability Will have college when this starts and captaining another tour, will make plenty of time though.

Player Info Ive been playing team tours for a few years now, with recent success in places like TDT and PWS where I captained both my teams to a championship. I think I'm a very strong swsh player as shown in my SS Cup Top 8 run. Have had multiple success in the format across many different leagues and tours in the draft scene over time. Im an active and positive presence and give my best effort for any team im selected to be on.

User name: Lialiabeast

Time Zone GMT+3

Discord Tag lialiabeast

Tiers Preferred SS Galar, USUM, ORAS

Availability Will get games done

Player Info Draft enjoyer

User name: austinerzs

Time Zone GMT+1

Discord Tag smash

Tiers Preferred SS Galar, SV VGC

Availability when i’m not at school (9am-4pm)

Player Info i am a vgc player, however, i god damn hate reg d. so my preference would be gen 8 ruleset as i’ve been playing it lately and i’ve gotten pretty decent and it’s a lot of fun

User name: Zaqwe51

Time Zone GMT-4

Discord Tag Zaqwe51

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, SS Galar, USUM, ORAS

Availability Work during the weekdays but otherwise pretty free

Player Info I have about 3 years of experience with Draft Leagues, and have been in all of the Smogon Drafts so far, and I'm currently in Top 32 Winner's Side for the Smogon Summer Seasonal. If you wanna see my full stats, you can do so at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0FhZB_VIwVpcAxF9moqu1WiMSDKIbuhawjeAmOwYK4/edit?usp=sharing , which contains all of my stats from all of the leagues I've been in.

User name: SponsoredPost

Time Zone GMT-4

Discord Tag ctwo08

Tiers Preferred All

Availability Weekdays: ~4PM-10PM
Weekends: 12PM-10PM

Player Info Good... maybe.

User name: JeoZ

Time Zone GMT-6

Discord Tag Fenix

Tiers Preferred SV Paldea, SS Galar

Availability Afternoons, always on the weekends

Player Info Username : pkJeoZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)