ORAS OU Danny's Agiligross Offense ft. Banded Landorus-T (peak #8)

Shout to my buddy Danny Fantumm who made this team. Letting him borrow my account for now to post his rmt.

Hi guys I have been trying to make a really good RMT for a pretty long time, but I have been unsuccessful until now. Shout out to my colleague Jou Tou has came up with this [THREAD=3548048]team.[/THREAD] Hopefully this team comes close to matching his greatness. Read, enjoy, and tell me what you think!

Proof of peak

Big Dog Joe (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Why this? Landorus-T is a godly flying tiger with 145 base attack and it deserves a choice band to smack everything in existence. In all seriousness, Banded Landorus-T is an amazing wallbreaker capable of 2HKOing some of the bulkiest mons in OU, and it is this teams main win condition against stall. While Earth Plate Landorus-T could be used instead for its versatility, Banded Lando is more based and will shit on your stall squad, should you choose to bring it against me. The purpose of the spread is to live 2 life orb Iron Heads from Excadrill while outspeeding max speed Heatran and the things that speed creep it.

188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 225-265 (57.1 - 67.2%)
188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 195-231 (46.4 - 55%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery
188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%)
188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 248-294 (62.9 - 74.6%)
188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 172-204 (56.5 - 67.1%)
188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 372-438 (57.9 - 68.2%)
188+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 337-397 (87.7 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Psiiciic Tiipe (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD /252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Agility

Mega Metagross is extremely bulky, powerful, and fast, and benefits from Landorus-T switchins (Hippowdon, Slowbro) being weakened. After an Agility, Metagross can destroy offense, since it shrugs off any priority and can outspeed Excadrill in sand. Running Agility allows the use of an adamant nature, which works well in conjunction with hazards to get KOs on more potential switch ins. The coverage (Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm) is classic wallbreaking coverage (minus Grass Knot) which can heavily damage switch ins not named Mega Scizor or Slowbro. While a Jolly nature would be preferrable to outspeed base 100s and Keldeo, most offensive teams have mons with over 110 speed which can revenge kill Metagross, so setting up an Agility is usually the better play. Additionally, Metagross is my only good Lati switch in, so preserving it is valuable.

Muh Horn (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Superpower
- Protect

Scolipede fills 2 rolls; a revenge killer with an insane speed tier (due to Protect and Speed Boost), as well as a spike stacker to break down balance and stall or help Metagross sweep. It is able to set up spikes vs stall pretty well because Megahorn 2HKOs Mega Sableye on the switch. Superpower allows it to nail Lopunnies (which rarely see it coming), or things like SpDef Heatran, which could be annoying. Bug + Fighting coverage is very effective in the current meta and a life orb Megahorn hurts a lot of things which do not resist it (doing ~60% to Manaphy). However, I have rarely used spikes lately and since I autolose to Shedinja stall, an alternative moveset for Scolipede is Megahorn, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, Spikes, which gets walled by fewer things but does not have the advantage of being able to protect then outspeed weather/boosted threats.

Kurmit da Frog (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power

Seismitoad is a really good electric check and scald switch in which can tank many hits and hit back (surprisingly) decently hard thanks to its max special attack. It is able to beat SpDef Talonflame and Gliscor which think they can wall it and beat bulky Starmie with Grass Knot, which is an easy 2HKO. Because of this, Seismitoad is able to do good damage to anything many offensive threats, and put them in range of one of my immediately faster threats (Scolipede or Magneton). More importantly, Seismitoad is able to check Raikou and Mega Manectric, which would be able to get kills vs most of my team. Because Seismitoad has the ability to wall many different threats but does not have recovery, it is important to try to pick and choose what you want to wall in a battle and try to keep Seismitoad healthy for that specific threat. The EV spread allows Seismitoad to live 2 secret swords from Scarf Keldeo and a banded play rough from Azumarill.

Ersaring (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magneton is the glue of this team, and is able to eliminate many defensive threats, for example Skarmory for Landorus-T, Mega Scizor for Mega Metagross, and Ferrothorn for Thundurus. It is also an extremely fast volt-turner which hits decently hard (higher special attack than Raikou) and checks a lot of fast threats including offensive Talonflame, Weavile, Tornadus-T, and Starmie, which Magnezone would not be able to do. Sometimes, Magneton is in a position to win against offense once the electric check has been weakened enough, due to its high speed and ability to volt switch freely.

Cloud God Joe (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

While the team does have plenty of speed control, not everything can be revenged killed. Thundurus is here to make things like Zard-X and Altaria food for Landorus-T and Metagross. By combining a Thunder Wave and Nasty Plot set, Thundurus serves 2 roles; an emergency check to many speed boosting threats as well as a really good wincon vs fat balance and slower teams. Thundurus can bait in and do 70% to Hippowdon with a +2 nasty plot, which leaves a lot of room for Metagross to come through. With leftovers, Thundurus can set up on a variety of mons without being worn down too quickly, and balanced teams can not life orb stall it like other Thundurus. The 111 Speed Tier is also amazing and bolt-beam coverage shreds many teams whos only electric immunity is a Garchomp or Landorus-T.

Big Dog Joe (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Band
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Psiiciic Tiipe (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD /252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Agility

Muh Horn (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Superpower
- Protect

Kurmit da Frog (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power

Ersaring (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cloud God Joe (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Thanks to Team Pokepals talking to me on PS

Last edited:
Hi.
I played this team on the ladder and it was a lot of fun. Honestly it's pretty good but I'm wondering, what is the point of the "IVs: 0 SpA" on Landorus-T and Metagross-Mega?
Also, don't you think Adamant on Scolipede would be better since you already have Protect to safely obtain the Speed boost? I thought of that because I actually missed a 2HKO once on a Sableye-Mega with Megahorn and that was a bit annoying. I also found opposing defensive Landorus-T or Gliscor very hard to take down, it would be maybe nice to fit Aqua Tail on Scolipede or Ice Punch on Metagross-Mega, what do you think?
Great team overall 9/10.

PS: I ran into a Charizard-Y too and it was quite hard to handle.

idk theres just 0 spa on those, and yea, adamant for scoli is better. I was still testing it and the 2hko on stuff like msab and a better chance to kill tran after spikes is good. I dont think theres room for ice punch or aqua tail since the reason theres superpower over something like pjab+rock slide/eq or something is to hit a wider range of things but less effective for most or else you would have to skip spikes. Also changed to Jolly M-Gross

Edit: shoutout to chimpact for using the team in a PS Live

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
well, i was requested to rate this team so here it goes:

I think you should try SD over Band on Lando. Band is kinda cool, but it's incredibly prediction reliant and being locked into the wrong move absolutely sucks, especially when dangerous sweepers like DD Zard X (pre mega), NP Thundy, SD Talon, etc run rampant. SD also lets you counter Hippo and use it as setup fodder instead of it being the other way around, which is a really nice bonus. This is especially important because you have mons on your team like Thundy, Scoli, and MegaGross that appreciate hippo (as well as a plethora of other walls) out of the way.

Other than that, I really don't have anything else to add. Cool team.

set:

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

well, i was requested to rate this team so here it goes:

I think you should try SD over Band on Lando. Band is kinda cool, but it's incredibly prediction reliant and being locked into the wrong move absolutely sucks, especially when dangerous sweepers like DD Zard X (pre mega), NP Thundy, SD Talon, etc run rampant. SD also lets you counter Hippo and use it as setup fodder instead of it being the other way around, which is a really nice bonus. This is especially important because you have mons on your team like Thundy, Scoli, and MegaGross that appreciate hippo (as well as a plethora of other walls) out of the way.

Other than that, I really don't have anything else to add. Cool team.

set:

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
I think he likes the immediate power. To peak at #8 shows that he has pretty good prediction skills. It can be seen from the replays too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)