D/P Scizor

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nothing really fancy, just a fixing of slashes and where they are to be.

Analysis - http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scizor

Alright, so let's look at the DanceOrb set:

Analysis said:
Name: DanceOrb
~ Swords Dance
~ Quick Attack
~ Brick Break / Roost
~ X-Scissor / Iron Head
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def
As you can see, I've simply just threw Brick Break over the slot for Roost. Now of course you're going to ask me why, right? It actually is quite a simple reason: STAB. Remember that Scizor still needs STAB moves to thrash around opponents, and Iron Head (for Ghosts) or X-Scissor (for Cresselia and Swampert) are the answers to that. Just tossing Brick Break in here over your STAB options make you generally weaker. Since Roost would be the move that would be easy to remove, I'd just slap Brick Break here. And don't worry, I have tested Brick Break over Roost for a while with much success.

Also, in the Counters section, I'd like to make something clear: Gliscor still struggles against X-Scissor variants as well. Remember that Roost loses his Flying-type and Scizor will do around 45% after a Swords Dance, or 80s to 90s after a Roost, which leaves him vulnerable to a Quick Attack. And Charizard as a counter to the DanceOrb set is a bit ridiculous as well as stretching Moltres here. Stealth Rock easily chips off their HP and leaves them to Quick Attack sweep. FINALLY, I'd like to add Lucario perhaps. Remember that he 4x resists Bug and 2x resists Steel, Normal, and Dark moves and only fears Brick Break.

If you have any questions or anything else to add, just post it here I guess. Lately I've been on a Scizor craze so I decided to look at this...

Actually I was going to try an update on this because of our discussions on shoddy. Apparently most people on shoddy are saying, and I agree, that Scizor is now the best way to kill Starmie. I think the standard set is now:

Onto your set I think Iron Head should actually be mentioned as an extra option over Brick Break as well. A lot of people currently use X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Quick Attack, Iron Head. Iron head still beats weavile and tar like brick break but after 2 SD's Iron Head OHKO's Weezing. Anyway I do agree with some editing on Scizors part.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I remember that Manicralyst and many other people have used that Scizor set however, but I guess if it's not a big deal I can -sneak- it into the post as well. Actually I was thinking about suggesting it too because it is an excellent set to use. Of course, I'll just need permission to toss it in there and I'll throw a small description (and I'll run it through Microsoft Word first and such before posting it).

Ah thats my mistake. Im still new to the workshop here somewhat. I thought he wanted to add in new sets and data. Anyway Just what I said above then. I edited it out.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this post is for jrrrrrrr's and Aldaron's purposes...

um delete?
(not sure here as counters have been changed to add a disclaimer for Gliscor but set suggestions were ignored on site)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)