Move 2: Sleep Talk
Move 3: Toxic / Stockpile
Move 4: Earthquake / Grass Knot
/ Ancientpower
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish / Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Cradily's biggest weakness happens to be that it is destroyed by status, particularly poison. This set tries to remedy this, allowing Cradily to stick around for an obscenely long time with Rest. Rest and Sleep Talk is the core of the set, getting rid of any unwanted status, as well as healing any health lost. You then have a plethora of attacks to choose from to benefit Cradily.</p>

<p>Stockpile lets you raise both of your defenses to a maximum of 3 stages, making you near impossible to take down. With constant healing from Rest, as well as a chance to select Stockpile when using Sleep Talk, it can be fairly easy to pull off 3 successful Stockpiles. Thanks to Suction Cups, Cradily can never be forcibly removed from the playing field, meaning you will never have to worry about Roar or Whirlwind.</p>

<p>Toxic is useful for dealing damage to any switch-inthat are trying to pick away at Cradily. Toxic is a solid way to slowly take down an opponent, especially with Sandstorm raging.</p>

<p>The attack depends on your biggest worries. Earthquake is a great option for Steel and Posion-types who are immune to Toxic. Grass Knot is a solid STAB attack that deals with the likes of Hippowdon and Swampert. It also can take down Gyarados, who can theaten Cradily in return. However your best choice may be Ancientpower. Although it has limited PP, if you can successfully achieve 1 or 2 boosts you will pretty much have everything under control.</p>

I am a little bit rushed here to get it done, so if there are any mistakes just post them so I can edit your suggestion in main post. thanks.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
hidden power rock is a good option for having more pp than ancient power
No it's not, because Sleep Talk remedies the PP problem. Also, I would take out the part about Worry Seed. It's not really a common move, so I don't think it deserves mention. Imo, Stockpile should be mandatory for this set. With Toxic Spikes down, it really needs those defense boosts to stay alive long enough to stall. I also think Grass Knot shouldn't be mentioned, with Toxic Spikes layed down, it doesn't hit anything immune to TSpikes hard enough for it to be worthwile of a mention besides Gyarados. Ancientpower is the best attacking option, like you said yourself, and also hits Gyarados hard. Earthquake is also good for things like Heatran, and the taunters like you mentioned. I would list the set as:

Rest
Sleep Talk
Stockpile
Ancient Power/Earthquake

So you can get rid of the many slashes.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are two reasons I would argue that Ancient Power (even Rock Slide might be an option) is the superior option in the final slot. One it has the opportunity to raise it's defenses and he gets STAB on it but primarily because the most common taunters (Crobat, Gyarados, Aerodactyl etc.) are typically those that are air bound and will be hit for super-effective damage so I'd prefer that this Cradily is not totally shut down by the common flying-type Taunters who are immune to the other option Earthquake and take neutral (or much worse in the case of Crobat) damage from Grass Knot. I'd honestly just have the final option be Ancient Power (or again Rock Slide) and maybe Grass Knot while just dumping earthquake all together. Even if it has Earthquake it isn't going to be anything that is particularly weak (how does EQ do against Heatran, does it even 2HKO?) with it so I don't see the point of EQ.

Seems like an interesting set that I might try out I just thought that I'd put that in.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
Name: Stalking Plant
Move 1: Rest
Move 3: Stockpile / Toxic / Recover
Move 4: Earthquake / Grass Knot / Ancientpower
Wow that slashitis is so bad its contagious.

First of all, why would you ever rest talk AND Recover on the same set? If you're going to do that, you might as well drop Rest for another attack so you can function as a status absorber and actually be useful.

Defensive stat uppers suck, they lose to crits and with the offensive d/p game, good luck getting those boosts set up with Cradily's lack of resists. I almost want to say that you need two attacks here to actually be effective, but Toxic is a solid option.

Personally I would go with Rest/Talk/Earthquake/Grass Knot or Stone Edge or Toxic.

Also, about the EVs, you might want to change them around. I know the point of the set is defense, but you might want to add some attack EVs in there so you can actually hurt something with your attacks. Just a suggestion, I'm not really sure where to go in terms of EVs.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cradily

[SET]
Name: Stalking Plant
Move 1: Rest
Move 3: Toxic / Stockpile

Move 4: Earthquake / Grass Knot
/ Ancientpower

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Cradily's biggest weakness happens to be that it is destroyed by status, particularly poison. This set tries to remedy this, allowing Cradily to stick around for an obscenely long time with Rest. Rest and Sleep Talk is the core of the set, getting rid of any unwanted status, as well as healing any health lost. You then have a plethora of attacks to choose from to benefit Cradily.</p>

Those two paragraphs can be merged together as they are based on the same issue: losing to status (Poison).

<p>Stockpile lets you raise both of your defenses to a maximum of 3 stages, making you near impossible to take down. With constant healing from Rest, as well as a chance to select Stockpile when using Sleep Talk, it can be fairly easy to pull off 3 successful Stockpiles. Thanks to Suction Cups, Cradily can never be forcibly removed from the playing field, meaning you will never have to worry about Roar or Whirlwind.</p>

Removed '
forcing you to lose your defensive boosts' because of redundancy and you don't need to go into depth about X move.

<p>Toxic is useful for dealing damage to any switch-in that are trying to pick away at Cradily. Toxic is a solid way to slowly take down an opponent, especially with Sandstorm raging.</p>

Removed 'a' because it isn't needed.

<p>The attack depends on your biggest worries. Earthquake is a great option for Steel and Posion-types who are immune to Toxic. Grass Knot is a solid STAB attack that deals with the likes of Hippowdon and Swampert. It also can take down Gyarados, who can theaten Cradily in return. However your best choice may be Ancientpower. Although it has limited PP, if you can successfully achieve 1 or 2 boosts you will pretty much have everything under control.</p>

removed '
whether you used it on Cradily or layed Toxic Spikes down earlier' because is it even necessary? Ontop of not being needed, it makes the sentence too awkward.

Removed '
Earthquake also deals with common taunters such as Infernape and Tyranitar' because TauntTar isn't common, and Taunting Infernape?

Removed 'Thanks to Suction Cups, the opponent will have no way to force you out, allowing you to cause all sorts of mayhem.' because, again, you're being too redundant and just makes the analysis drag on =|
Sorry if I sound harsh, but it isn't my intention.

I put in juniors edited version in, and am tweaking the evs somewhat to maximize its effectiveness.

Recover is off and I might end up getting rid of one of the attacks although all 3 have benefits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)