CUTEABILITY RANKINGS (see post 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Cherubi C-Rank?

Cherubi is a cute little cherry with a smiling face. Just look at it.
It has little eyes and a fat body. Fat fruit is cute.
Not only that, but it has a cute little sleeping cherry attached to it. It's fucking adorable.

Cherubi from C > B or A rank.

Adam Lambert: You should do me a favor and post cute pics of Mareep, Finneon, Munna,and ugly pics of pawniard and Tyrunt and especially Carvanha

this maybe one of the best threads on smogon, keep it going!

frillish for A-rank: just think about this little pink/blue/mint-green(shiny) jellyfish with it's little crown and tell me it's as ugly as Klink ._.
It's multiple colors and an adorable look make it worth of moving up to A-rank

Last edited:
I think Frillish is fine in C. Maybe B but I'm not going so far as to put it in A. There's a glut of cutemons in A and Frillish doesn't really fit in.

I wish that I could nom Trubbish higher, but the problem is its stench. It'd easily be at least B otherwise. .___.

This thread is receiving too many ideas about Pokemon to figure out where we should rank things, and we can't be expected to respond to each of these posts. As such, we are going to focus in on a group of Pokemon, and limit discussion to those Pokemon's placements, for the sake of keeping things not shitty. Likewise, considering the subjective nature of the process, obviously we are not all going to be happy with this list. If there are Pokemon missing, please say so in a polite manner...there are hundreds of them, don't get irritated that the Cuteability staff missed a few. I am adding in Amaura and Chespin, both to A-rank as I think they are cute.

Here is our current discussion list. Please keep discussion primarily about these Pokemon and their Cuteability ranking. If you must desperately discuss another Pokemon, fine, but these are the ones we will be ranking right now. The Pokemon I choose are based off of the ones you all are posting about.

Eevee
Mudkip
Chikorita
Surskit
Archen
Nincada
Larvesta
Munchlax
Riolu

PS: Tirtouga is S rank due to its BW sprite. It is the cutest thing ever. Fuck XY for making it not as cute...but the BW thing is the cutest thing ever and as such I love Tirtouga. Fuck you I'm the tier leader.

--Cuteability staff

Eevee could potentially be S-rank. It's some weird fox/dog thing that is extremely fluffy and cute and has no visual downsides.
Mudkip should stay in B-rank, imo. It's nothing spectacular
Chikorita is very cute but not S-rank material. Keep it in A-rank.
Surskit deserves A-rank. It has a very cute face and no fugly-looking fins like other water mons (cough Carvanha cough).
Archen is super-cute and goofy-looking. It deserves B-rank at least.
Nincada is absolutely fugly, and I feel it should have macle rank.
Larvesta is fine in C-rank.
Munchlax is adorable and should be at least B-rank, maybe even A-rank. It's a little fat bear thing so it's obviously cute.
And, lastly, Riolu. It's super cute but definitely not S-rank.

I probably shouldn't bother repeating my arguments for Eevee but it's definitely S material. The fact that all its evos are at least cute (with Flareon, Umbreon and Glaceon being downright adorable) should help its case.

Riolu is a solid A for me. Not quite S yet unless I see something that changes my mind.

Larvesta is fluffy and warm as everyone has said. And really, all the cute art with it having ribbons in its fluff and sometimes a certain S-ranked tick/spider (which if no one has noticed is my favorite thing in the world). Not to mention its Conquest icon is absolutely adorable and there's nothing like it running across your Pokemon-Amie.
I would put it in A for sheer fluffiness and warmth and for putting Joltiks in its fur but I guess I can settle for B. Just not C.

Munch is B fo sho. I don't really see it with the glut of cutemons at A, but it's definitely more adorable than most of the stuff in C.

I don't feel strongly about Chikorita, but I think that's my problem with it going to S. I'd keep it A. Not saying it's not cute, it's easily A+, but Cyndaquil outcutes it as everyone points out, and just like Riolu I haven't seen anything that tips me from "d'aww" (most of A) to "OMG that is absolutely adorable" the way things like Eevee, Joltik, Teddiursa, Flabebe, and Torchic do.

Speaking of BW sprites, Larvesta has a great rare animation that displays its adorableness.

It's running along, when all of sudden, it pauses just to wiggle those itty bitty front legs in the air. ;u;

Furthermore, it's worth mentioning that the OP's description for A rank underscores fluffiness as a desirable trait:

Reserved for Pokemon that are outstandingly cute in the LC metagame and are derpier, cuddlier, and fluffier than most of the tier
Larvesta is singularly fluffy. Indeed, something this soft and cuddly couldn't belong all the way in C rank. To be fair, I realize that it's also a bug, which is why we can settle for B rank. Not everybody may be fond of bugs, but Larvesta is far from your typical insectoid.

Eevee
Are you kidding me? this is the cutest Gen 1 mon, NO contest. I think for that very reason alone it deserves to be S rank. Its got an adorable, can't-say-no face with a collar of fluff and a creamy colored tail. Are there downsides? Probably not, and if you find any, you're looking too hard for sure. Up to S-rank please.

Mudkip
I've never actually liked Mudkip and thought it was pretty emotionless, what with its flat line mouth. The protrusions on its cheeks aren't as cute as people make them out to be and that's about all it has to its design, so it's a definite thumbs down from me. The fact it's also supposed to be a fish of some sort yet it's quadrupedal. It never aligned for me... plus it's just not cute, did I mention that? not ugly but not adorable. Down to C-rank imo.

Chikorita
ugly awkwardly shaped dinosaur, C-rank at best, too bad for A-rank

Surskit
ugly (Jewish) waterbug, deserving of no more than C-rank imo compared to the rest of B-rank

Archen
ARCHEN IS ADORABLE in the right art. I never thought its official art/sprites were cute because it looks like a Neanderthal with its teeth protruding. it does exemplify the "young bird" archetype but they don't do it justice. I think it'd be suited best in C-rank at LEAST, especially if stuff like Surskit stays there.

Nincada
sorry Fizz, Nincada's official art is disgusting, macle rank plz

Larvesta
WHY IS IT IN C-RANK IT'S SO ADORABLE AND WARM AND CUDDLY I mean it's kind of a "disgusting bug" thing but really it's quite pleasing to look at. maybe if its official sprites and stuff had more emotion; they're kinda flat. at least give it B-rank

Munchlax
fat slob, but then again so is 2/3 the Cuteability council, give it at least B-rank for looking cute while sleeping

Riolu
riolu is basically Jesus, S-rank for being cuter than everything except Mareep and Inkay. (btw why is Inkay not S-rank, I call shenanigans)

Espurr isn't ranked, I believe. I don't feel strongly about it and I'd honestly put it in C/D because it looks creepy/possessed even though its evos are absolutely adorable.

Nincada isn't horribly ugly as Patrat but it just isn't cute, sorry. Larvesta, Dwebble, Sewaddle are all much cuter than it is.

Eevee is the embodiment of cute. This lil nigga squee as fuck. Original cutemon for S rank

Chikorita stays in A. Top tier shit this fucker is. Maybe even S, but A is cool.

Munchlax for B. Cute in a similar way pugs are and moreso that most of C.

Here are my opinions:
Eevee should rise up to S rank because like Antemortem said, just cute in general and almost has no downsides to it. Definitely the cutest gen 1 poke.

Mudkip should stay at B rank because even though many people praise it, it doesn't look that cute as an LC poke. Its facial features are kind of a meh to me, but it still looks cute, just not as cute as other A rankers and S rankers.

Chikorita should move up to S rank because it's definitely the cutest Johto starter like I said in my post and you can't deny that the pictures of chikorita were super cute and amazing. Please move up.

Surskit should either stay at B rank or go down to C rank. I don't really think surskit is that cute to me. It can skate gracefully, but that's about it about this spider. Blue is a nice color for it, but other than those things, surskit is not cute.

Nincada Um, no fizz.

Larvesta Pls move up larvesta to at least C rank. Like princessofmusic said, its BW animation is SO cute when it walks and then stops and wiggle its little legs. Plus, it looks very fluffy. Let's move up larvesta for its fluffiness and cuteness.

Munchlax should just stay at C rank because it's not really cute and it's just lazy and eats all day.

Not so sure about where archen and riolu should go. I'll think of it later.

Eevee Literally the cutest. It definitely deserves S. It's face is 2cute, its tail is definitely helpful.

Mudkip Pretty neutral towards kip. Its cute but idk if it matches up.

Chikorita this thing is disgusting tbh. its like a gross green amaura. stay or drop to b imo

Surskit Surskit simply isn't cute. it's graceful and cool and shit, but not cute. stay

Nincada Fuck off Fizz this thing isn't cute lol

Larvesta is reasonably cute, definitely better than some of the trash in D lol. I'd be ok with B

Munchlax i'd like to see lax in B. it's cute, lazy, and eats all day. AKA all attractive smogon users

Archen Idk the official art kinda shits on it, and even f-art isnt great. I guess im ok with C, no higher really

Riolu is literally so cute it's Blara's banner for LC. S rank fo sho

fuck you too blarajan <3

Eevee - A-rank. My article from The Smog should defend this nicely, but I'm willing to meet halfway and admit that I can settle for B-rank due to Eevee not being particularly unique in cuteness. It's a clichéd cutie, but a cutie nonetheless.

Mudkip - Agreed with B-rank.

Chikorita - Down to B-rank. There's nothing exceptionally cute about it, and vines sprouting out of its neck kinda turns me away.

Surskit - A-rank, hands down, as defended in post #18. Jimmies will be rustled if it's anything less.

Archen - B-rank. Clumsy, chipper, and colorful. Inability to fly makes him pretty frickin' cute.

Nincada - Agreed with D-rank, maybe even macle rank. But to those who favor Bug-type I guess Nincada is cute enough to hang on to a D-rank status.

Larvesta - Agreed with C-rank, but the stubby legs are kind of adorable. Okay with B-rank too, since it's a warm Pokémon.

Munchlax - C-rank, D-rank possible. Does anyone really want to play with a Munchlax? It's a fat ass that doesn't even attempt to scale the wall of mediocrity (okay you got me, Barakamon reference). I just think there's so many more cuties in LC.

Riolu - A-rank. The marching sprite was too much for me.

Last edited:
I think Mudkip is A-worthy, though I'm not adamant about it moving up. Definitely not C, though. I had Sapphire before the internet crapped all over it and what I saw was a rather cute opposing starter. It has an adorable frown, it also has the cutest big grin, and the "Mud! Kip!" sequence in the anime was actually really adorable before people started making 10 hour loops of it.
I mean Torchic is easily the fluffiest, warmest, cutest Hoenn starter and high-A material at the very least but Mudkip is adorable too.

Chikorita is one of the cuter Grass starters (I'm kinda torn between it and Bulbasaur) and it looks sweet and affectionate. Not S, but as I said, definitely A material.

If anyone can show me an official pic of Surskit with a little mouth I would really be sold on its cuteness. As it is I find it cute but I'm not too sold on pushing it to A--a mouth would make me argue it to S for kingdom come.

If anyone can show me an official pic of Surskit with a little mouth I would really be sold on its cuteness. As it is I find it cute but I'm not too sold on pushing it to A--a mouth would make me argue it to S for kingdom come.
A Surskit has to eat, ya know. It feeds on tiny aquatic organisms. While it's true that there has yet to be a Surskit seen with a mouth in the anime it is noted in the Pokédex to attract prey. My personal opinion is that the cuteness shouldn't be so heavily taxed by the lack of a mouth, but here are some of my favorite unofficial pics of Surskit with a mouth. It'll help give you some ideas of what it might look like.

Edit: Here, have a video of Surskit not giving a fuck.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
emotionless eyes, lanky arms and... feet, surely anorexic; there's not many pluses. It's also bald and has an ugly set of lips. what's cute about it again
The fact that it's meant to give blowjobs. Aka the epitome of cuteness.

The fact that it's meant to give blowjobs. Aka the epitome of cuteness.
there's nothing cute about a hollow shell of a plant performing sexual acts.

it's nowhere near as cute as anything on blarajan's discussion list, at least, and is probably macle tier at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)