Crimson Revenge: A Wifi OU Team

Crimson Revenge
Char's 5th gen Wifi Team
Intro

Alright everyone, I've enjoyed success with this team recently, and despite being haxed in dozens of +5/-27 matches, This team has still peaked the highest for me. Ever. I'm not looking to change much here, really, but if you wanna make a suggestion feel free. I'll start with the teambuilding process, then go into details of what each member does specifically. Lastly, I'll list each party member's K/D ratio, with a detailed explanation of each kill and death... lol jk, i'll finish with my rating/ranking on PO server.

Teambuilding Process
Phaze One: The Predecessor

This team started with another team I used, which I had moderate success with, but was missing something. It was an all-offensive team, but I put more time into allowing safe switches and covering weaknesses than actually analyzing the power. This is what I had:

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Specs
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

Haxorus (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Gyarados (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Ice Fang

Excadrill (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

That team started off with the dragon duo, hitting hard physically and specially. Then came heatran to cover the ice weakness, gengar for ground and fighting, gyara for ground and water, and exca for rock and electric. The team had great synergy, but didn't hit quite hard enough for the 5th gen metagame. So I moved some things around, changed movesets, and here I am today.

Phaze Two: Building Blocks

I hope I don't run out of colours lol :P In this section, I'll show what changed from the last team. a change in shininess denotes a change in moveset, NOT pokemon. PS bring on the pictures ;)

I.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

for
Apocamoth (Volcarona) (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Rest
- Fire Blast

Named as such because it's power has apocalyptic potential. I love gengar, and it worked decently, but it's speed and power, EV'd, is outclassed after one quiver dance. That, and I really like Volcarona, and Gengar isn't all that powerful anymore.

II.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

to

Meteor (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

I changed the nature to better suit it's lack of coverage, letting it hit 394 Sp. att. Have it to set up SR if I see a baton pass team or if I get caught in a switching game. Toxic in case I need to out-stall ;)

III.

Haxorus (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage

For

Hell's Bell (Reuniclus) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast

I used this set before reuniclus was at all popular, then stopped, cause a tourny banned it and i wanted to practice without it. Now it's back, and gets a special place right where my psuedo-Rayquaza used to be ;)

IV.

Excadrill (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

For

Juggernaut (Excadrill) (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

I hated loosing to other Excadrill, so I EV'd this one to make sure I never do again. More in the team explation.

Phaze Three: Here and Now

(Still a new colour :3) If you're still reading this, you 1) are really bored, 2) really like me, or 3) You skipped to the good part. Well, here it is, what you've all been waiting for; the team, in full. I'm going to Copypasta my team from teambuilder, then describe each poke's role on the team. It's worthy to mention I don't actually have a lead, I put in whatever does a decent job at countering my opponents team first. Something that can take out all the counters to another poke on my team, leaving it with the clean sweep. Anyway, here it is ;)

Apocamoth (Volcarona) (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Rest
- Fire Blast
This thing is legit a beast. I've had it survive 4X weak rock attacks on multiple occasions due to it's physical bulk. It can sweep unprepared teams 6-0 with no problem, especially if I get more than two Quiver Dances under it's belt. I usually lead with this, as it can take out 1-2 pokes with ease. The firemoth's roll is simple: Come in on something that doesn't threaten it, quiver dance to a comfortable level, chestorest if necesary, and wreak havoc. If I see a rock attack coming before I think I can KO something, go to Excadrill.

Hell's Bell (Reuniclus) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kjh9lQXLWkThat's where this thing gets it's name. Looks innocent, but when it rings it's bell, it lets out a fatal roar. Flattering aside, this thing is one of two anti-metagame pokes on my team. Calm mind war? say hello to psyshock. Predicted leech seed? thanks for the set-up, ferrethorn. Easy to come in and get a few boosts down while your foolish opponent lays down entry hazards they'll never use. with toxic orb, it absorbs status.

(so awesome, it needed two pics)

Nightmare (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Specs
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
This thing is simply domination, there's no two ways about it. I used Dracometeor more early on, being super=pwerful at basee 210 with stab, then I decided it's easier to hit something with two attacks and not have to switch, than with one and have to run. Regardless, DM is still my go-to, and this thing does a great job taking out most walls with one hit via Dracometeor.

Meteor (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
Named because it looks like, well, a meteor, this guy gets up stealth rocks, tricks noobs via air balloon, and KO's a lot of things via modest nature. the ONE thing i might change is HP grass over toxic, to hit swampert/4X grass weaknesses and to pop other balloon heatran and have a chance at beating them. but toxic screws other things up, and is my only real attempt at status, something really helpful to spread. it also guarentees that multi-scale dragonite won't ruin my fun, always keeping it below 100%

McQ (Gyarados) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
Moxiedos. This cocky son of a gun has made countless people ragequit and won me countless more matches. with a jolly nature, not much outspeeds it after a DD, bar choiced and a select few + speed natures. waterfall and ice fang get decent coverage, but taunt w/ lum berry allows me at least two DD boosts, which is enough to do lasting damage to any team. basically, come in, DD on switch, and act accordingly. Ferrethorn gets special mention: go to Reuniclus.

Juggernaut (Excadrill) (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
This defines anti-metagame. no speed EVs, but a choice scarf, guarentee i outspeed any opposing excadrill. period. From there, it depends on the opponent's item. Air balloon? Brick break is a clean 2hk0, with guarenteed outspeed. anything else? EQ to death. This thing has enough bulk to come in and not die to earthquake, but idealy they come in at the same time. BB also nails Tyranitar, and rockslide cleans up flying pokes not named skarmory rather nicely. rapid spin due to the team's entry hazard weakness:/.

Phaze Four: Tupac - Changes

Closing Remarks

Thanks for reading this everyone! It took me a long time to type this up, and it's ending perfectly, as my laptop battery is about to die. Feel free to comment/rate/suggest below.

Current Stats:

(03:19:25) +RankingBot: Your rank in Wifi is 394/59180!
Rank as %: .666% (to stop people anal about that number, it's rounded up from .665%)
Rating: 1307

Sorry for the triple post, it didn't all fit :3

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The team looks very nice, great job with it. However, a multitude of your strong special attackers use fire type moves, which lets them be stalled to a stop by rain teams+ferrothorn. You might also have trouble finding ways to deal with Tornadus and Thundurus in the rain, with 100% accurate power moves. Starmie too. Any of those choice scarfed will spell doom for anything but reuniclus, and I'm not even sure if it can survive Hydro pumps from starmie or thunders/hurricanes from the genies (plus extra confusion hax). If anything, I would say switch heatran for a ferrothorn of your own. It can still set up rocks, has grass for swampert, spreads spikes, and can toxic if you really want it to.

Your team is seriously massacred by rain. Your special attacking fire types won't be able to do anything, Excadrill will be useless, Reuniclus will just go down by brute force, and Gyarados won't have a chance getting past any Rotom-Ws, which is one basically all good rain teams. Hydreigon can try to muscle through with Draco Meteors....until Ferrothorn comes in.

My suggestion would be to get rid of Heatran cause it doesn't do anything for your team in any setting really. It's not like your team needs the fire immunity (only one weakness and two solid resists). I think your own Rotom-W or Thundurus or something would be nice in Heatran's place.

Your team is seriously massacred by rain. Your special attacking fire types won't be able to do anything, Excadrill will be useless, Reuniclus will just go down by brute force, and Gyarados won't have a chance getting past any Rotom-Ws, which is one basically all good rain teams. Hydreigon can try to muscle through with Draco Meteors....until Ferrothorn comes in.

My suggestion would be to get rid of Heatran cause it doesn't do anything for your team in any setting really. It's not like your team needs the fire immunity (only one weakness and two solid resists). I think your own Rotom-W or Thundurus or something would be nice in Heatran's place.

I actually had a pretty decent thunderus before,

THunderous @ Chestoberry
Thundurus (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Prankster
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Rest

Intsead of HP ice I could go HP grass. I have thunder cause it was made specifically ot counter rain teams, so it had 100% accuracy. Maybe that for Heatran?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)