Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha.
ginganinja, my savior (single tear comes out of eye)
Also Taylor was indeed the one who told me about this set, but I was using weird variants of it earlier when I was a noob ha.
I'll try to update you guys with some other sets soon.
DEUCES.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
he's doing it wrong

celebrity endorsement baby

anyways. this set was kind of created in CCAT and while it's not completely off-the-wall creative it has a good niche for covering threats and it's not actually one of the standard sets (or even having a standard EV spread). It wasn't actually chosen for CCAT, as Gyarados seemed to fit more with the physical heavy offense theme, but Zapdos remains a cool mon that doesn't seem to be used quite as much as its potential allows it to.

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 64 SpA / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
- Volt Switch / Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Flying
- Roost

This Zapdos provides support for a team by covering threats such as Tornadus, Breloom, Virizion, and Scizor while being an all-around good thing to pivot to. Its coverage also makes it surprisingly hard to switch into -- and even without much investment, it still hits harder than, say, 252 SpA Timid Starmie. The speed lets it outspeed and ohko things like max speed SpecsToed and it still retains the bulk to switch into Specs Tornadus Hurricane without being 2HKOed after SR.

So basically, this is a bulky pivot that still packs some power and doesn't lose momentum for an offensive team while providing the ability to cover key threats.

I love this guy
[pimg]148[/pimg]
Dragonair @ Eviolite
252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Shed Skin
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Rest

Bulk? Check. Set up? Check. Great coverage? Check. What's not to love about Dragonair? It's super bulky, 326 / 249 / 355 with Eviolite and has reliable recovery in Rest + Shed Skin. What's more is that it can set up with Dragon Dance, boosting its meager 204 / 200 offenses to great levels. Pile on top of that great resistances and essential immunity to status and you've got Dragonair! The EVs maximize bulk and tend to lean more towards the special side because that's where its main weaknesses lie. The 96 Speed EVs give Dragonair 200 Spe, enough to outspeed neutral 100's at +1.

This thing obviously needs to set up when it has the prime opportunity, so try to put it in when a defensive Pokemon is out. In addition, Rest won't always wake you up so don't always attack while sleeping. Finally, Dragonair loves rain support to boost its Waterfall, giving an essential dual STAB.

This Dragonair actually looks very interesting. I'm going to try her out later on today after I figure out a team to build with her in it.

Hey guys, Pimp here again with yet another Original OU Set.

Azelf @ Choice Band
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Attack
Naive (+Speed, - SpDef)

-Uturn
-Fire Blast
-Explosion
-Zen Headbutt

Azelf is back and better than ever in Gen4. Again I mainly use this set as a "SURPRISE BITCH" kinda set. CB Explosion is powerful as fuck I think does like 50-60 to defensive Heatran. Zen Headbutt is for Ghosts and stuff, where as Uturn takes care of a lot of Dark type Pokemon. I chose Fire Blast over Fire punch ONLY for Skarm, because Azelf hit's 287 Spa with just 4 ev's. I don't want to chance Skarm living and doing a ton with Brave Bird, so yeah.

Gimme some feedback!
DEUCES!

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 124 SAtk / 152 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic

This thing is something I find to be a defensive behemoth. It can easily come in on anything, Trick, set up, then run away. While there is such a set in Uxie's 4th Gen. article, the EVs are different. While they look odd, 232 HP / 124 Sp. Atk / 152 Spe has been given so Uxie can outrun the likes of Jolteon/stray Aerodactyls with Taunt/non-Prankster Taunt Pokemon. It makes an amazing Scout, and takes 45.3% ~ 53.3% Pursuit from Adamant nature max Atk. investment from banded Scizor's Pursuit without Stealth Rocks for one example. But it's not just Scizor, it's other physical attacks Uxie can take.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 124 SAtk / 152 Spd (should be Spe)
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic

This thing is something I find to be a defensive behemoth. It can easily come in on anything, Trick, set up, then run away. While there is such a set in Uxie's 4th Gen. article, the EVs are different. While they look odd, 232 HP / 124 Sp. Atk / 152 Spe has been given so Uxie can outrun the likes of Jolteon/stray Aerodactyls with Taunt/non-Prankster Taunt Pokemon. It makes an amazing Scout, and takes 45.3% ~ 53.3% Pursuit from Adamant nature max Atk. investment from banded Scizor's Pursuit without Stealth Rocks for one example. But it's not just Scizor, it's other physical attacks Uxie can take.
It seems like you just took some speed EV's from the 4th Gen Uxie and invested them in Sp. Attack. This way Uxie can actually do some damage while it is walling. My question is, why would Uxie have needed 224 Speed EV's in the first place, instead of 152? Is there something that needed to be outsped with those 224 Speed EVs that your set does not deal with?

Anyway, here's my idea:

Dual Purpose Machamp@Leftovers
Ability:No Guard
Nature:Impish (+Def., -Sp. Atk.)
252 HP 252 Def 4 Atk

Power Trick
Bulk Up
Dynamic Punch
Rock Slide

This set allows Machamp to act as either a bulky physical sweeper, or after 1 turn of setting up via Power Trick, a physical tank with a base defense of 130, that also has considerable attacking power. Bulk up supports either option. Dynamic Punch for STAB and Rockslide for coverage.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
With that spread machamp has 296 attack and 284 defence, making the power trick difference minimal. With that spread it seems better to just bulk up rather than power trick. This makes me think it would just be more efficient to make that set a 3 attack + bulk up set, or perhaps a sub + bulk up set.

Gen 4 TrickScarf Uxie.

You moved some EVs from HP and Defense to Special Attack, which honestly isn't that good of a change. I doubt you'll be using Psychic often (Thunder Wave is probably better than Psychic even), and the extra bulk is really appreciated.

Most offensive Zapdos set you see either has Leftovers or Roost on or something else. But here is this Zapdos set that won me many battles by causing massive destruction so many times.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice/Grass]
- Agility​

Unlike any offensive Zapdos set, this one runs Agility over Roost, and is perfect for many kinds of things. He can be an early game, mid game or late game sweeper depending on the opponent's team and yours as well. One Agility is enough for Zapdos to either sweep for the win, or cause massive damage to the opponent's team before going down.

For Hidden Power, it really all depends on which you choose. But from my experience, Grass works better in UU and Ice is better for OU, or just depends on how you build your team to counter specific Pokemon. I use Ice the most and works effectively well. Zapdos' best support mainly goes to a Fire-Type like mainly Infernape (with Choice Band or Scarf), or Heatran, etc etc. Though this set is not reliable for rain teams, unless you felt like changing things a little bit. That is all now. Happy sweeping.

Edit: Again, about Hidden Power, if you're gonna use Ice, make sure you have Ferrothorn with you too to go against dangerous threats like a banded Dragonite, Starmie if you're unboosted, Gastrodon, etc etc. If you want to be offensive, go with Celebi. Just make sure you got something to resist ice moves from deadly banded Ice Shard guys or something like that.

made this set when i joined smogon. most succesful scrafty set ive ever made/tried.

scrafty@leftovers/ LO
nature: adamant/ what ever is +spD -spA (i forgot alright?)
ability: shed skin
-drain punch
-bulk up
-dragon tail
-payback/crunch
252 hp/ 4 def/ 252 spD

this set punishesmost of scraftys counters. its the ultimate phazing poke, given the chance.
any poke, bar skarm, terrakion, and defensive politoed can be used as set up bait. use bu'k up when you have the chance, then, depending on the opponent, use your attack. payback helps alot against the oh, so common batton passer espeon, which after a bulk up boost, is gaurenteed to 0hk0 it if at + 1 def. crunch is mostly for if you are afraid of slower pokes like donphan, but you shouldnt be. drainpunch provides a reasonably high atk power with great recovery. dragontails best application is when SR, or Tspkies are on the opponents side. this allows you to poison and damage your opponent, or just deal areslightly larger chunk of damage off the bat, the latter being the more optimum choice for an offensive team.

the items, leftovers, and LO are specifically for different play styles. lefties for a stall playstyle, which is more rewarding over all. especially since sandstorm damage could be the deciding factor in winning and losing a match. or LO is more for the fearless players.
please note, that the latter if the to requires the ENTIRE TEAM to support and function well with scrafty and vice versa. so wish support is needed if you choose to use LO.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are you not using Rest on that set. It seems to fit in perfectly over Payback/Crunch (maybe its not that creative then idk?) but it just seems much better since you can heal off damage, and still boost, plus you have shed skin to perhapes wake up earlier. I actually ran that very set with Rest and it was just amazing, surviving a CC from Terrakion at +1 and then Drain Punching for the KO, and having all the damage healed off. It could also survive a Draco Meteor from Latios (from memory) so I could stay in, predict the DM, tank it, and then rest, fully healing myself and now Latios is at -2 and you have a 20% chance or something to wake up instantly thanks to shed skin. It was actually amazing!!

I wasn't sure about which of my sets to post, but I guess I can post one that others have tried and had success with ._. (I'm not sure if a similar set has been posted, I wasn't going to go through 94 pages)

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/20 SpDef
Bold nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Discharge
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I made this in Gen IV for my Mono-Electric team, more for kicks than anything. However, it ended up being really useful. With ResTalk, obviously it can still do what it needs asleep and healing. The addition of Heal Bell allows you to not only have a chance of waking up early, but it lets you heal the rest of your party's status afflictions without using up Heal Bell's low PP. Discharge was given to have a good chance of spreading paralysis on your opponent and just plain old STAB. A friend of mine tried this on his Ampharos in NU and it ended up annoying his opponent a lot.

EDIT:

Turns out, this is standard in Gen V .___.
Looks like I'm a hipster

Here's a set I have come up with, it's a little odd, but I've been having fun taking out Politoad and the likes. Can easily predict and Paralyze, being able to cripple Terrakion and any other threat not named Scizor, Gliscor, Dugtrio, or Landorus.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 Def / 72 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge

The EVs are weird, I know, but it hits 301 Def, and the Sp. Def goes to about 381. Skarmory can't wall this set either, as a Focus Punch after Skarmory roosts easily does over 70%.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It seems like it would be better to drop thunder wave for a coverage move, so Gliscor doesnt wall you completly. Although then this set gets really similar to the Tyraniboah set so maybe you could drop stone edge for ice beam? Another option would be fire blast so Skarmory has more difficulty whirlwinding you.

Maybe, but I'd rather not, T-Wave screws over many of TTar's counters that come in. And, I'd rather not keep Tyranitar in for Gliscor. I'm also thinking of putting EVs into HP...

Then again, a lot of the things switching into Tyranitar will be ground-type (Donphan, Dugtrio if it predicts a support move), so Ice Beam might be useful anyway.

I wanna show you this :

Regice
nature: Bold
ability: Sturdy
item: Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP/ 132 Def/ 180 Spe
move 1: Rest
move 2: Charge Beam
move 3: Psych Up
move 4: Frost Breath

Explication : You can counter CM users with psych up and win the duel (all the time) using Frost Breath ( 100% Critical Hit ) . He is a good check all CM user , cause he will always win the CM duel thanks to Frost Breath and his perfect critical hit rate .
180 ev's in speed to outspeed the basic Skarmory/Tyranitar/Scizor .

( that's not a joke lol he is very fun so )

You get killed by nearly everything out there =/ Terrakion, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Scizor...the list goes on. Ice isn't the best type to use for anything, and weak attacks like those don't help either, especially when your method of setting up is either Charge Beam or Psych Up.

tehy

Banned deucer.
The regice does seem like an interesting CM latias and reuiniclus and virizion counter, except if reiniclus has psyshock that fails, and virizion still does plenty of damage with focus blast.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP 252 Special Defense 4 Speed
Nature: Calm Nature
Moves:
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Sleep Powder
-HP Fire

This is a really underrated Venusuar set, switch into something you outspeed while staying in sun, while taking minimum damage, then you can either Sleep Powder predicting a switch, or you can Substitute if they have something already a sleep, and then is it pretty from there. You don't really need to have a lot of speed, as 398 (iirc) is a pretty good amount, outspeeding almost all non-choice scarfers. This thing can switch in on so much stuff in the current metagame it is funny. Plus the fact that no one expects the set means that most of the time the checks to this set will switch, not knowing that I am a Sub-Seed set. Really good set, I'll get some damage clacs in a second.

Actully, fuck it to lazy to clac it

minor change

Oh god this thing. I faced it once and it totally KO'd my Vaporeon out of the blue, and then I was kind of screwed because my team really depends on its wish passing. Yeah it's definitely an effective set, great lure for shit that normally has no trouble with Scizor. Definitely can give my vouche for this one.
this is basically the same build you posted except with a few evs in HP to add a little bulk, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Scizor (F) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

the speed evs allow it to outspeed most gliscor which often switch in on the first sd in my experience, allowing potentially one extra sd and with slightly boosted bulk for general wear and tear... also outspeeds a few others... i have often managed to get 2 sd off with this fella :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)