Clockmons

Hi people,

I'm honestly not sure about the rules about reviving threads that haven't been posted in for 1.5 years...but seeing as Aqua is no more and that this thread has not been locked, I'd like to revive some interest in this Other Metagame! (It is not hosted anywhere at the moment.)

With this in mind, I'd like to institute the following changes:
  • Tailwind now lasts 6 turns instead of 8 turns.
  • Future Sight and Doom Desire go through Substitute and Protect.

Rain looks like it will be highly dominant here, hailing back to BW with the same immense threats that plagues OU last time.
There are just as many things that could dominate in Sun as well. Solar Power Heliolisk and Houndoom come to mind. We've also got the ever scary things that like Sand, which given the popularity of things like Drill, is still quite threatening.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@people saying that Stoutland may be OP:

BW had permaweather and Stoutland was never considered to be broken. In the post-XY meta when they finally decided to ban weather ability+weatherspeed ability, it was only due to two Pokémon: Excadrill and Venusaur. They were the only two considered borked, and as such they were able to kill two birds with one stone by extending Alderon's proposal to encompass all weather (get Exca unbanned and prevent Venu being banned). Pokémon like Stoutland and Sawsbuck were always balanced, and there is no way in hell that changed in gen six considering that they are both still cockblocked by things like Skarmory and, in the case of Sawsbuck, easily exploitable by things like Talonflame.

@people saying that Stoutland may be OP:

BW had permaweather and Stoutland was never considered to be broken. In the post-XY meta when they finally decided to ban weather ability+weatherspeed ability, it was only due to two Pokémon: Excadrill and Venusaur. They were the only two considered borked, and as such they were able to kill two birds with one stone by extending Alderon's proposal to encompass all weather (get Exca unbanned and prevent Venu being banned). Pokémon like Stoutland and Sawsbuck were always balanced, and there is no way in hell that changed in gen six considering that they are both still cockblocked by things like Skarmory and, in the case of Sawsbuck, easily exploitable by things like Talonflame.
Basically this. I have no clue what to do about suspects/bans atm so I'll probably test it out on the weekend if I can set-up a private server :)

This is very interesting, especially hazards having a specific length of time before they are gone without Rapid Spin and Defog. I also think maybe moves like Doom Desire and such could take either less or more time to charge up

-TenucSkenuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)