Cleffa (Lvl. 1 Endeavor)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cleffa

-Why this set deserves to be on site:
-One of the best Endeavors in the game due to Magic Guard.
-Great inside of Sandstorm or Hail.

SET:
Name: Lvl 1 Endeavor
move 1: Endeavor
move 2: Encore
move 3: Protect
move 4: Thunder Wave / Toxic
Item: Focus Sash
Abillity Magic Guard

Set Comments:
-Great inside of Sandstorm or Hail.
-Encores anything that tries to set up on it.
-Almost guarnteed a kill per match.
-Can paralaze ghosts immune to Endeavor that will try to just beat you by 2HKO'ing.

-Additional Comments:
-Sandstorm and Hail are required for deafeting the opposing Pokemon after using Endeavor.
-Pokemon immune to your weather of choice will survive Endeavor and kill you in return, however they will be at 1HP after defeating you.
-Ghosts are immune to Endeavor and can defeat Cleffa in return, but they need to be aware of Thunder Wave or Toxic.
-Sing can be used in the last slot, but it has far too low accuracy to rely on.

I was under the impression we didn't put the endeavor sets on site because they were far too gimicky

This doesn't seem gimmicky too me. Cleffa has Magic Guard which almost guarntees this set a kill per match. On a Pokemon without Magic Guard, that would seem gimmicky.

@Nexus: They are too different Pokemon.

@Marcurcio: Because you can use them both on one team.

@Colonel M: I never knew lvl 1 existed, lol. Changed to lvl 1

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Nexus: They are too different Pokemon.

@Marcurcio: Because you can use them both on one team.

@Colonel M: I never knew lvl 1 existed, lol. Changed to lvl 1
I never said they were the same, I was just mentioning a Pokemon who has an endeavor set listed since Marcucio mentioned that there weren't any with one.

The only reason to use Lv 1 Cleffa / Lv 2 Clefairy / Lv 2 Celfable Endeavor is to have more than one of them on a team. IMO, it doesn't really merit a set of its own, merely a mention in the text of Clefable's Endeavor set.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, a mention in the Clefable set is enough, IMO. The set is exactly the same!! There isn't much point writing a whole new set.

We could just mention it in the Clefable set, or we could take a step ahead in our thinking and give this it's own set and mention how it can be used in LC, and UU which Clefable can't. Am i right or wrong here?

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uhh Clefable is still UU and this isn't the LC subforum. The difference in defenses is completely irrelevant (if there's any at all); they just work the same way in the end.

QC Rejected 1/2

Cleffa is a NFE so there is no reason to give it a set that is literally 100% outclassed by another Pokemon. a line has been added to the relevant set in Clefable's analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)