SM NU Clear Skies and Bright Eyes (Bulky Offense???)

csbe_50.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THAT TITLECARD TOOK LIKE A FULL DAY APPRECIATE IT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
I
NTRODUCTION
-----
i'm back from a year-long hiatus and this is what i do first, huh.
make another themed RMT for my (very obscure) favorite mob psycho 100 character.

anyways.

i'm pearllunaris, i'm your local dumbass, probs one of the the only nb lesbians here, and i love my girlfriend and rei kurosaki from mp100, so i made a bulky offense team about it.

that's about it.

now let's get this show on the road.

-----
Teambuilding Process
-----

i definitely wanted to base my team around Mega Audino, because with the set i run it with, it can potentially tear through teams decently unchallenged. i actually wanted this to be a stall team, but things change.

a good bulky offense team needs a good defensive core, right? Silvally-steel + Vaporeon + Diancie cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, and bring defog + a pivot, wish support, and SR respectively to the table.

at this point it's a pretty good team, but it fucking SUCKS against bulky water types, so i threw in decidueye to counter that and a couple of other things like palossand.

i originally had steelix in this spot, but this team still had no check to bulkier grass types, so delphox fits pretty well as a dedicated revenge killer.

-----
THE TEAM
-----

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

- Flamethrower
------
whaaaaat? an audino mega set that doesn't run wish? it's more likely than you'd think. this little fucker is extremely underestimated as a bulky special sweeper, and with calm mind + a bold nature and max defense this thing takes hits like nobody's business while building up that sweet, sweet special attack boost it needs to tear teams to shreds with. i vividly remember one team i went up against being so confused they didn't do anything for the rest of the battle and then i won. heal bell allows audino to continue to sweep without the fear of Toxic killing it, while draining kiss allows for enough sustenance to keep it alive throughout the match while it flamethrowers everything else to death.

------

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
------
this silvally-steel set is just the basic one i picked up from smogon, but it functions pretty goddamn well as my main pivot. it's nice steel typing and multi attack allows it to set up a defog against fairies like comfey and diancie while still being threatening and flamethrower allows it to partially deal with grass types that escape the wrath of delphox or audino. parting shot definitely helps bring in other mons safely by gutting the attack and special attack of whatever gets hit by it.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

------
one of, if not the best water check in nu and a decent tank in it's own right due to it's great hp and balanced defenses, vaporeon ties this whole team together. having no iv's in attack is just a precaution so stuff like foul play does as less damage as possible. scald allows for it to potentially cripple physical attackers with a burn, and is a good STAB attack so it's not completely walled by taunt. wish + protect is a godsend as everyone except for audino has no recovery moves, and toxic is a given as to chip away at opponents health as fast as possible.

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
------
SR is essential on any team, and diancie just happens to do it really well. it's super good natural bulk allows it to take a whole bunch of hits, and it's investment in special attack allows it to hit just as hard back. moonblast and diamond storm are pretty good STAB attacks, and earth power allows it to hit poison and steel types pretty hard.

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

------
because my team sucks with specially bulky water types, why not throw in a high damage physical grass type like decidueye to tear them to ribbons with. with full special defense investment, this thing can actually take a couple of good hits to set up swords dance and annihilate things. leaf blade is a good, high damage STAB move, and a secondary defog is always nice to have in case silvally kicks the bucket too early. spirit shackle is especially handy to have to lock in stuff that decidueye needs to take out quickly that can't do much damage to it.

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

------
seeing as my team already has a water type and a grass type, why not round it out with a fire type to cover the grass types better than audino and silvally with flamethrower as coverage. plus, it's a revenge killer, so it's a win-win because i really needed one. fire blast is arguably less accurate than flamethrower but who gives a fuck, it's good STAB damage. psychic is good secondary stab, and dazzling gleam deals with dragon and dark types that would otherwise wall this thing. trick is just there to cripple setup sweepers and to throw the other team off their rhythm idk

-----
THREATLIST
-----
Fairies

my only coverage to these cute bastards is silvally. if it's dead i just gotta switch to delphox or decidueye and hope for the best

Torterra

i hate this thing so much. it can potentially shred my team if not dealt with quickly enough
-----
IMPORTABLE
----
Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

hope yall enjoy the this team as much as i do!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)