Move 1: Tail Slap
Move 2: Bullet Seed
Move 3: Rock Blast
Move 4: U-Turn / Wake Up Slap
Item: Choice band / Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP

IT has a usable base 95 attack and great 115 Speed but Frail Defences 75/60/60 so won't survive many hits but this thing was made to hit and run.

Choice Band Raises it's usable attack to 433 with a Jolly nature and 475 with an adamant nature. Technician raises it's multi - hit moves from base 25 to 37.5 maxing out between 75 and 187.5 power.

Tail Slap gives you STAB hitting very hard and Bullet seed and Rock Blast gives you neutral coverage to hit everything except ferro seed.

U-turn to scout out and give you momentum, Wake up slap to hit ferroseed and it gets a technician boost too raising it's power from base 60 to 90.

You might want to mention Cheer Up in conjunction with LO in order to boost his attack to sweeping levels, but outside of that his movepool is too shallow for him to be more than a one-trick pony.

I know it's random but toxic? Physical walls would always come in on Cincicino so I stuck Toxic on her. So the enemy physical wall tries to set up or put up a sub etc... while I switch I cripple said wall instead. Just gotta watch out for ferroseed but you're better off hardswitching on that instead of U-turning anyway b/c of iron barbs.

My bad, still stuck in the old japanese stuff haha. I still call pokes sazandora, roob, and dory :P Anywho, the only defensive pokes that cinccino would be be missing out coverage-wise would the rare Steel types, making Toxic more or less obsolete.

It's probably best not to use that base 65 Sp. Atk...bleh. I bet he could make a great revenge killer.

Cincinno @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Retaliate
Wake Up Slap
U-Turn
Aqua Tail/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast

Retaliate the thing you're revenge killing. Wake Up Slap is for Ferroseed and Magneton, U-Turn for scouting and the last move for coverage. Adamant would probably be preferred because you still outspeed all max speed base 100's, and hit harder.

He'll be better once Skill Link is released what with Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, and Rock Blast to abuse.

Umm, Tail Slap is getting anywhere between 75-187.5 BP ,regardless of whether or not it is revenge killing or not, making it the better option in terms of consistency (odd how a move like Tail Slap is the more consistent option anywhere. Almost ironic, ain't it?). Magneton is almost never seen in RU, so yeah, if anything Wake Up Slap should be the utility option, with Bullet Seed being the main option to consistently beat up the likes of Quag and Rhyperior (until he's brought up to UU that is). Aqua Tail is sorta a meh option on him, it isn't really hitting anything significant harder than his other options :/ Also, Jolly allows Cinccino to outspeed Scollipede, Galvantula, Tauros, etc, etc., so it is vastly the superior option. I'd say the current CB set kniteowl offered is basically the best he's getting this gen.

My bad, still stuck in the old japanese stuff haha. I still call pokes sazandora, roob, and dory :P Anywho, the only defensive pokes that cinccino would be be missing out coverage-wise would the rare Steel types, making Toxic more or less obsolete.
But are you going to stay in on a physical wall like Cofagrigus and Dusknoir? You should switch out on Steel types anyway is my point. At least w/ Toxic you can cripple things that would try to wall you (bar steels obviously but like we said youre not hitting those anyway)

Well by that logic you'd be seeing Toxic on SD Arceus in order to cripple physically defensive Groudon. It can be used, but it would be a preferred option to simply U-Turn out, and leave Toxic and such for pokes like Weezing who were designed for that purpose

Choice Scarf? Its very antimetagame with a Choice Scarf. It can outspeed all common scarfers and things like +1 Yanmega. Scouting is a very effective strategy in RU and with U-turn he can force a lot of switches' racking up hazards damage so something like Sharpedo can sweep

Well the common steels types in RU are aggron, steelix and durant all hit neutrally by either bullet seed or rock blast.

Ferroseed is the only problem as the other steels aren't used as often, although both aggron and steel have massive defensive stats so they could tank bullet seed unless they get hit by it something like 10 times (2 times with 5 multi-hits).

col49 said:
You might want to mention Cheer Up in conjunction with LO in order to boost his attack to sweeping levels, but outside of that his movepool is too shallow for him to be more than a one-trick pony.
cheer up / work up takes too long to set up, by the time you use it, your opponent would have switch into cinccino's counter/check.

Choice Band gives cinccino the power of a cheer up / work up and hit hard immediately and with team preview if you expect them to switch in a counter you can always just u-turn like you do in OU with Scizor or Flyon in UU. Life Orb is only there for people who don't like getting stuck on one move but Choice band is the better option.

I guess Work Up can work as a late game sweeper, if only it got sword dance or hone claws.

Umm, Tail Slap is getting anywhere between 75-187.5 BP ,regardless of whether or not it is revenge killing or not, making it the better option in terms of consistency (odd how a move like Tail Slap is the more consistent option anywhere. Almost ironic, ain't it?). Magneton is almost never seen in RU, so yeah, if anything Wake Up Slap should be the utility option, with Bullet Seed being the main option to consistently beat up the likes of Quag and Rhyperior (until he's brought up to UU that is). Aqua Tail is sorta a meh option on him, it isn't really hitting anything significant harder than his other options :/ Also, Jolly allows Cinccino to outspeed Scollipede, Galvantula, Tauros, etc, etc., so it is vastly the superior option. I'd say the current CB set kniteowl offered is basically the best he's getting this gen.
Tail Slap is always the superior choice for a consistent attacker, but Retaliate makes for a good one-hit move for revenge killing, making it function kind of like Stoutland. Wake up Slap and Aqua Tail could probably be replaced (or slashed in) with Bullet Seed and Rock Blast.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woo! I love Cinccino. I think it is one of the more underrated physical threats in the tier. Personally, however, I don't like running a choice set with it. One of the big advantages I find when using it is its ability to KO all different types of Pokemon, and locking it into one move makes it so much easier to counter. I always run the set in the OP, with Jolly, Life Orb and Wake-Up Slap. Even with a LO instead of a band, it still packs enough power to take out all different threats.

Just going to make my once-in-a-blue-moon post and say that unless Aggron is defensive, it's probably going to take gobs of damage from a x4 Super Effective Technician Wake-Up Slap, especially from a CB Cinccino.

That being said, Cinccino probably pairs well with something that can eliminate all those steels easily, especially Ferroseed.

edit:
Leftovers or Eviolite as appropriate, no hazards, Jolly 252/252 Cincinno
Aggron @ Leftovers, 252/252+, Wake-up Slap
65.12%-76.74% with Choice Band, 2HKO
56.98%-67.44% with Life Orb, also 2HKO

Steelix @ Leftovers, 252/252+, Wake-up Slap (Bullet Seed is marginally stronger if it hits 5 times)
28.81%-34.46% with Choice Band, 4-5HKO
25.42%-29.94% with Life Orb, 4-5HKO

Durant @ Life Orb, 4/0, Rock Blast (3 hits)
51.94% - 61.24% with Choice Band, 2HKO
45.35% - 53.10% with Life Orb, 2-3HKO

Ferroseed @ Eviolite, 252/252+, Wake-up Slap
41.78% - 49.32% with Choice Band, 3HKO
36.99% - 43.15% with Life Orb, 3HKO

Obviously, this becomes a lot better with hazards, and I don't think most Aggron are physically defensive. Best bet to stopping Cinccino is smart prediction or Cofagrigus, since the only steel who stands a chance is Steelix, out of the four common ones. Ferroseed probably can't switch into a Wake-Up Slap, but it can probably KO with Gyro Ball, some residual damage (why, hello, Life Orb and Iron Barbs), and a good damage roll.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Wake-Up Slap is actually pretty useful. It might not be the strongest ever, but it can do some decent damage. As you mentioned, it is a great way to get around Aggron, who takes a min 88% from Jolly LO Cino's Wake-Up Slap, and is OHKOd by Band Cino, assuming an offensive Aggron set. Though even if, for some reason, it does max out its Def, Jolly LO still does a min 57%

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I always found U-turn More useful than wake up slap on cincinno, actually. predict, switch to a counter and your golden.

If ya ask me, Cinccino is awesome with Encore and U-Turn...
As tempting as it sounds, Jumpluff and Accelgor really do Encore+U-Turn better, as Cincinno's lack of bulk and useless typing (on a defensive front) really limit his potential in a support role :/

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As tempting as it sounds, Jumpluff and Accelgor really do Encore+U-Turn better, as Cincinno's lack of bulk and useless typing (on a defensive front) really limit his potential in a support role :/

actually niether of those have good bulk either, accelgor has a SPEED advantage though.

actually niether of those have good bulk either, accelgor has a SPEED advantage though.
Jumpluff's bulk is better than our favorite chinchilla's though, and while a x4 Ice and Stealth Rock weakness aren't exactly helpful, Jumpluff is immune to Ground moves, x4 resists Grass, resists Water, Fighting and actually bothers to invest in bulk.

IMO, Cinccino should run either CB to punch holes or LO to attempt a sweep (which will be more reliable once Skill Link is released)

Yes, but Cincinno has decent attack and a lot of cool offensive moves, meaning it can use the remaining two slots to deal damage more effectively than Jumpluff and arguably Accelgor can. Something like

Encore
U-turn / Substitute
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed

would be pretty good.

I've used a similar set on Primeape to decent success, so I imagine it could work on Cincinno.

Actually that set looks pretty cool.
Without Techinician Wake-up Slap, it's not getting past steels anyways, so why not fuck it up and go to a counter?

Although that makes me wonder... Encore + Work Up? Meh, too gimmicky, walled by a lot, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)