Rejected Checking if a battle is invite-only

With the addition of the "Don't allow spectators" checkbox a lot of players started making their battles invite-only, but when someone tries to share links to those battles in chats they usually don't pay attention to the "This battle is invite only!" message, so I'd like to suggest something that checks if the battle is invite-only and gives an option to turn modjoin off if it is.

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
We were definitely planning to transition to unguessable URLs to fix this problem. That might be better than this sort of half-measure.
Agreed - also, you can type /modjoin in a battle, and if it says it's set to %, that's an invite only battle, whereas if it's set to OFF, it's a public battle. I really don't see a need for another command to do the same thing.

Agreed - also, you can type /modjoin in a battle, and if it says it's set to %, that's an invite only battle, whereas if it's set to OFF, it's a public battle. I really don't see a need for another command to do the same thing.
Well, the problem is that nobody actually does that and they end up posting unclickable links in chats...

Wait, I didn't mean to suggest a command to check if a battle is invite-only, I meant something that reminds people that their battle is invite-only if they try to share it's link somewhere...

I feel like a URL with a password at the end would be reminder enough.
But what if someone used /inviteonly off afterwards? Would the link change back? And, not everyone would know that the password means that the battle is invite-only...

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
It feels like this is kind of overkill for something people can generally guess, given the fact it declares when it's hidden and when it's made public, and given that if you're trying to share the link there is a very long password on the end of it, as has been said. (plus, others will inform you if it's private.)
What's the point of adding this when it's pretty obvious already?

It feels like this is kind of overkill for something people can generally guess, given the fact it declares when it's hidden and when it's made public, and given that if you're trying to share the link there is a very long password on the end of it, as has been said. (plus, others will inform you if it's private.)
What's the point of adding this when it's pretty obvious already?
Well, I'm suggesting this so other people don't have to inform them? Also, a lot of people don't bother clicking battle links and some people are never told that their battles are invite-only?

Annika

PS Admin
Well, I'm suggesting this so other people don't have to inform them? Also, a lot of people don't bother clicking battle links and some people are never told that their battles are invite-only?
There's a large red box displayed in a battle when it's set to be invite-only. I am going to reject this suggestion; if you have a need that isn't met by anything that isn't planned or already on PS!, you can open another thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)