Celebi Distribution in United States

I live in Vancouver (Canada), and I recall last time going to EB Games that the staff told me Celebi will distributed here as well, so yah, we should get it unless I heard/remembered wrong or the staff was wrong.

EDIT:... or somehow Celebis only like the west coast.

Just a reminder about this distribution! And updated dates!

http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Celebi Distribution via Gamestop begins February 21 and runs through March 6 (the same day Pokemon B&W gets released in the United States). All English-Language Gen 4 games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver) will be able to receive it.
Thanks for the notice, I thought it didn't start until the next week. So now two weeks of getting every kind of Celebi I can think of, then before you know it BW will be out!

Went to my Gamestop today (they had done the 3 dogs) and no celebi. How is Victini being distributed?
Victini will be available via the Liberty Pass which will be distributed over WiFi.
OH man...

Just a q... Is it RNG'able?
(sorry if this was answered in previous page,,, haven't checked)
Everything is RNG'able, but yes. And the Nature is random.

Did anyone pick one up yet? I'm going after work, but I don't recall seeing any posters for it in my local Gamestop.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I snagged several at my local Gamestop. RNGing them now.

RNGing is definitely a bitch due to the random Nature.

Oddly enough the OT isn't GAMESTP, but WIN2011. Also the ID number is 02211, not 02271.

I snagged several at my local Gamestop. RNGing them now.

RNGing is definitely a bitch due to the random Nature.

Oddly enough the OT isn't GAMESTP, but WIN2011. Also the ID number is 02211, not 02271.
Serebii's event database has the IDs mixed up. But I'm SO glad it's WIN2011!

And yeah, it takes longer when the Nature is random, but at least you can pick and choose. And it's not so bad when you're starting off a large batch of them and you have a big list of acceptable natures to choose from.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Not just Serebii's, but Bulbapedia's too. What annoys me is that I always end up on neutral natures somehow, when I want at least one or two Timids.

Yeah, for Timid I wanted to go for HP Fire, Ice, and flawless, but if I run out of time Ice will probably cover the non-HP sets well enough. Then you've got Fire/flawless Modest, Fire/Flawless Bold, etc... there is going to be a whole mess of these when all is said and done. Good thing the event is running for 2 weeks @_@

Hmmm... my Gamestop told me that they were giving away Celebi starting March 6 along with the pass for Victini. Is the Liberty Pass available to download as soon as you buy the game or will I have to pickup the game, get to a certain point, and go back to Gamestop?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Tell your Gamestop they are idiots, and show them Pokemon.com where it clearly says February 21 thru March 06.

Also Liberty Pass is Wi-Fi only.

What do you mean it's "Wi-Fi only"? Is that different than the dogs and Celebi? Turns out my main Gamestop sucks, but my backup one had Celebi!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
What do you mean it's "Wi-Fi only"? Is that different than the dogs and Celebi? Turns out my main Gamestop sucks, but my backup one had Celebi!
It means you will only be able to get it over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which means connecting your DS to the Internet. It will not be distributed by GameStop.

Confirming that all of Canada gets this, I just snagged three from an EB games. They are also reportedly at Gamestops, as it is the same franchise.
Also the time travel event is shit. "Celebi can travel through time with its TIME TRAVEL ability" and then Giovanni is a total pussy. Disappointment! Not only that, but clearly they don't know how time travel should work. "If you're here then who will defeat team rocket"...after mentioning that I already did! retarded.

To get the dogs and Celebi, you selected "Get via wireless" in the Mystery Gift option, but for Victini you will need to use "Get via Nintendo WFC", and have access to WiFi.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Went to the event today. OT is indeed WIN2011 with an ID of 02211. I have a feeling the OT is not GAMESTP as originally expected because the cart holding the shiny beasts got leaked months ago and it had a Celebi in it. This Celebi had the OT GAMESTP, from what people who their hands on it told me, and the WIN2011 Celebi is most likely Nintendo's response to those people who got their Celebis through the leak.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Went to the event today. OT is indeed WIN2011 with an ID of 02211. I have a feeling the OT is not GAMESTP as originally expected because the cart holding the shiny beasts got leaked months ago and it had a Celebi in it. This Celebi had the OT GAMESTP, from what people who their hands on it told me, and the WIN2011 Celebi is most likely Nintendo's response to those people who got their Celebis through the leak.
That's too logical. You aren't allowed to use logic here!

So they sent out all new carts with a different Celebi on them?

I picked up 5 of them yesterday but wasn't able to RNG anything desirable last night, on account of not getting home from work until about 8 pm because of this damnable snowstorm.

So apparently not all gamestop stores have the event, went to a store next to a movie theater after watching a movie, asked, didnt have it (or probably was stolen) went to another one, and i was able to get a few Celebi, i was also surprised when OT was not GAMESTP, but relieved, GAMESTP OT is so gay >.>

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So far, four RNG'd Celebi's, only a few more to go. Though for two of them I settled for Natures that are less than ideal, due to how annoying random natures are :(

DPPt is harder to calibrate your delay for if you need to, but the process is faster than HGSS once you are calibrated. At least that's been my experience with the whole affair.

no surprise, they did the same thing with the Anniversary Mew.

Got 4 Celebis along with my copy of White. Gotta admit that EB games in Vancouver is waaaay better than my old Gamestop store back in the US. The guys are pretty cool and they even talk about the starters and events.

Got 4 Celebis along with my copy of White. Gotta admit that EB games in Vancouver is waaaay better than my old Gamestop store back in the US. The guys are pretty cool and they even talk about the starters and events.
Lol, when there weren't people in line. The employees played their own copies of BW. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)