SM OU Cash Sharp Ousside!

Does Mega Sharpedo deserve a UU Ban?

• Total voters

Hello there, Smogonfans!

So a while ago i built this team and I've been playing quite a lot with it, and it seems to be at least decent to handle most OU threats. So, after a few changes, here's the team!

Swag (Klefki) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Foul Play

So, yeah. Klefki is an excellent mon, it has an awesome ability and a huge support movepool to back it up, making it almost perfect for either setting up screens, hazards or spreading status. This set focuses on staking spikes to break potential sashes and spread paralysis to enemy threats for a partner sweep (Mega Sharpedo's work). Play Rough is there as a way to hit Mega Sableye (a common answer to Spikes Klefki) and Foul Play hits most physically offensive mons for good damage. The spread I used is because most offensive fairies are special attackers, and I wanted to stop them. Also, don't ask for the name, it just steals keys, that's swag.

Plane Crasher (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick / Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This is my counter to defoggers (mainly the eon duo). I didn't want my hazards to go down, I wanted them to keep breaking sashes, because Mega Sharpedo is a "one try sweeper", because he needs to get a speed boost to really start to be effective, and to do that, I do not use protect, I send Sharpedo on weakened slower foes that i can knock down with one hit, get the boost, and start to blow everything up. Knock Off and Sucker Punch are tow of the best dark moves available out there, removing items and having priority. Iron Head is there as a reliable and spammable Steel move, and Low Kick/Pursuit (I normally use Low Kick, I'm not a huge fan of Pursuit, but it's still a good move) are there just as either coverage (mainly for Heatran or Tyranitar) or to trap opposing Psychic and Ghost types. The shiny is there because i'm blue (dabadee dabadaee).

My Little Pony (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Scald
- Secret Sword

This guy an amazing cleaner, it has an excellent Speed tier and it hits obscenely hard, even without Choice Specs (which I sometimes change), and it has decent coverage options. Hydro Pump can destroy almost everything it hits neutrally and, coupled with Secret Sword and Icy Wind, gets decent coverage, which is backed up by HP Electric, only missing on Mega Venusaur, which can be stopped by another team member, Heatran. Scald is another option over HP Electric, but it misses out on regular Gyarados and the likes of Starmie, Tentacruel, Slowbro or even Toxapex. Timid Choice Scarf is used to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame while still being able to outspeed Landorus-T with Choice Scarf and +1 threats like Volcarona or Mega Charizard X. A really good mon overall and also one of my favourites, so, why not? Plus, it's a pony, and it can go big.

Tapu MRDR (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower

This is the second choice set, and yes, you guessed it, this guy can destroy even the sturdiest walls, hitting a stunning 394 Attack + Choice Band and Grassy Surge. Almost nothing that is neutral to it gets destroyed by Wood Hammer. Horn Leech is there as a way to recover some recoil damage from Wood Hammer. Also, Stone Edge is a way to break through most faster offensive mons that tend to switch in, like Mega Charizard Y or X. Superpower is a 1 hit nuke that can completely shut down enemy wall, even Mega Scizor gets 2HKO'd by this thing, watch this:
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Superpower vs. 248 HP / 116+ Def Scizor: 175-206 (51 - 60%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
It's a murderer (get it? lol).

Step It Up! (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall
- Crunch

I think i was one of the only ones that used Mega Sharpedo back in OrAs OU, and i used a similar set, and for what i can see, it still works now, replacing Ice Fang for Psychic Fangs and obliterating most unprepared defensive teams. It has recieved a huge buff this gen, gaining acces to Psychic Fangs. The strategy behind this set is simple, bring it on a weakened or paralysed foe that you can KO, get a boost, go Mega, and destroy everything with Strong Jaw boosted Crunch or go for coverage. Talking about coverage, just look at Sharpedo's movepool, it's HUGE. He can either go for a physically based set, a mixed one... kinda like Infernape did last gen. He has useful moves in Poison Jab for fairies, Psychic Fangs (ty Bruxish) for Fighting and Posion types like Keldeo himself or Toxapex. Waterfall is just a secondary STAB option which can be used against other mons that resist Dark, like my man Klefki.

Smogonturd (Heatran) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock / Flash Cannon

This is my second hazard setter, and a lure for most Water-types that tend to switch into Heatran. It still loses to some other specific mons, but I was looking for a Z-Move user that could lure in Water-types, and Grassium Z Heatran is just the best at that. Earth Power is used here as a way to hit mainly opposing Heatran or other Fire-types and Toxapex. The last slot depends on how I want to go, more deffensive with rocks (which changes up a bit the spread, less SpA and more defenses / HP) or fully offensive with Flash Cannon. Magma Storm is just a regular, spammable move that traps the enemy, which can be useful to bring Sharpedo in safely.

Just wanna make an appointment right here, Heatran can be changed for other pokemon like Latias, in this set:

Drop It! (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Surf

This set can also stop Mega Venusar's defensive sets, and also provides hazard control, but it also removes my hazards, so I don't use it that much. I usually use Heatran over it, but it's still a good option to handle defensive Mega Venusaur and to stop hazards.

Well, this was my team, I hope you had a great time reading my post, I spent quite a few time writing it and I've had a ton of fun with this team, really looking forward to use it even more. It's one of my best teams and I've had a lot of succes when using it, really reccomend you trying it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)