CAP Weather Project Poll

How do we want to proceed with "weather" on the CAP project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
For BST, we should start off low (480?) and go up if the limitations are too much. This is a much better than starting off high, because then people will just stick with it.

---

I think I'd rather save the weather project for some time long in the future, i.e. not right after making a Fire/Grass Pokemon. There's plenty of concepts and types that haven't been touched yet.

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I also thought the last ability poll was unfair towards those who only wanted it to have one ability, seeing as that was impossible with "top2 become the abilities".
Wait...

Does anyone else want to make our Scrappy, Field hazard immune, Rapid Spinner, before we get into these 2-3 huge weather projects?

I mean everyone is already complaining how field hazards are dominating the metagame thanks to Revenankh... so why don't we deal with that first?
Agreed...and agreed. I guess this would call for another poll so we can decide whether or not we should hold back the Weather project. What is DougJustDoug's opinion on this?

Also, yes, Scrappy (and Greenhouse) on our Fire/Grass is kind of lame and shows how much the general people want to stack as much as they can into one Pokemon. >.<

Unfortunately, I agree with latinoheat about the majorities...it's incredibly annoying to me. There's no way to fix that, however, as it would no longer be a "democratic process," so you can only try to appeal to everyone.

I support a weather project.Of course I support strongly a canceling weather poke which would give us more flexibility in making weather poke.

For BST, we should start off low (480?) and go up if the limitations are too much. This is a much better than starting off high, because then people will just stick with it.
I think we should ignore BST totally and just use Overall Rating instead.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, well if there's going to be a weather project, instead of having a clear skies pokemon, couldn't a perma-fog pokemon work? I'm not sure because with all the people who hate Evasion, Fog might be broken, but since the weather effect still exists in-game, it might be an okay idea. Something like the grey team, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't matter that much.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this is an amazing idea. i think that there should be two TLs for this this time. also, im not going to throw in my support for either team yet until i see partial rosters =P

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Boy, that was close....

OK, so we'll take Greenhouse off the ability poll. I'll open a workshop thread to begin discussing how the Weather Project will be structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)