Other Metagames CAP: "A New Creation!" (Kerfluffle VoltTurn; Peaked #131)

Hey guys, my name is Josh aka ultraplayer. I've been playing competitive Pokemon since early XY and have become pretty decent at it. During the past few months I've been getting pretty bored of standard Pokemon and been trying to find ways to entertain myself. When the release of Kerfluffle happened, I decided to give it a whirl and see if I could make it in this metagame. After a few hours of building, calcing, and testing I finally came up with what I thought might be a decent squad. Little did I know this team would take me pretty far up the ladder.

Team at a glance:
Kerfluffle.png Colossoil.png M-Scizor.png Rotom-W.png Talonflame.png Landorus-T.png

Teambuilding Process:

Kerfluffle.png
Obviously the starting point of this team is Kerfluffle, CAP's newest star. Kerfluffle sports an amazing offensive typing combined with Parting Shot make it a force to reckoned with in this meta.

Kerfluffle.png Colossoil.png
I paired Kerfluffle with Colossoil as I wanted a Pursuit trapper for bulky Psychic types while also being able to pressure the Poison types that try to handle Kerfluffle.

Kerfluffle.png Colossoil.png M-Scizor.png
Next I needed a good way to handle things like Clefable. Mega Metagross also seemed like an issue. I also at this point decided on making the team VoltTurn as opposed to my original offensive route so I added Mega Scizor.

Kerfluffle.png Colossoil.png M-Scizor.png Rotom-W.png
Bird spam. The killer of all teams.....Rotom-W is here to help handle that as well as another turner.

Kerfluffle.png Colossoil.png M-Scizor.png Rotom-W.png Talonflame.png
Talonflame is here as it was my first thought of a Kerfluffle answer as I built it immediately as Kerfluffle came out and I knew it'd be common.

Kerfluffle.png Colossoil.png M-Scizor.png Rotom-W.png Talonflame.png Landorus-T.png
Lastly I needed a rock setter, picked Landorus-T as it also provides good synergy with some of the other mons.

Not many edits were made to this team as I've played numerous games and the team still seems to be solid. There were some edits such as switching Landorus to Tomohawk but I ended up switching it back. Other than that I only changed some of the sets here and there.

On to the individual sets:

Kerfluffle.png

Amy Rose (Kerfluffle) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Parting Shot

Kerfluffle is the first mon, being able to take down top threats in the game with it's great coverage. Moonblast and Focus Blast are STAB moves that hit a good portion of the meta super effectively or neutrally. Hidden Power Ground is to hit thing like Crucibelle, Plasmanta, Mollux, and Kitsunoh for good damage; for the most part OHKOing after they switch into Moonblast. Parting Shot is used for keeping up momentum and weakening slower threats to help later mons to set up. Natural Cure is the desired ability as it allows Kerfluffle to take status with no issue. The EVs are standard for offensive mons with a Timid nature to ensure you outspeed the likes of Mega Metagross, Mega Crucibelle, Serperior, Keldeo, and many other threats.

Colossoil.png
Armadillomon (Colossoil) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit

Colossoil acts as a Pursuit trapper, helping to wear down things like Kitsunoh and bulky Psychic types for Kerfluffle, as well as getting chip damage on mons that wall M-Scizor and Talonflame. Pursuit is a given for Pursuit trappers, Knock Off is a great spammable STAB move for Colossoil, EQ as a secondary STAB move, with Rapid Spin to keep hazards away. Colossoil makes a great pivot with an Assault Vest allowing it to lure and kill checks to threats such as Krillowatt. Guts allows Colossoil to switch more comfortably into Rotom-W being able to have it's Attack boosted with upon being burned. The EVs are standard; allowing Colossoil to take a LO Superpower from Syclant after Stealth Rocks, maximizing Attack, then throwing the rest into SpDef.

M-Scizor.png

Ricochet (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Widely regarded as the best Mega in OU, Mega Scizor is just as threatening in this meta. Scizor in this instance acts as a great Fairy resist as well as an answer to Mega Metagross. Specifically I've gone with Bulky SD as it allows me to set up on and greatly damage common checks to Scizor in Plasmanta and Cyclohm. U-Turn allows me to keep up momentum while also acting as a great STAB option for Pokemon that resist Steel. Swords Dance and Roost allow Mega Scizor to boost his attack and staying healthy while doing it. Bullet Punch is mandatory on any Scizor set for Technician boosted priority. Once again EVs are standard: The given bulk allows Mega Scizor to avoid 2HKO's from the likes of Mega Gardevoir, Landorus, Colossoil, and +1 Mega Altaria, while outright walling the likes of Mega Venusaur, Mega Metagross, Mega Diancie, and many more granted they don't have Fire coverage. 16 Spe EVs allow Mega Scizor to outspeed opposing bulky Mega Scizors, those that try to speed creep 0 speed Mega Scizor, 0 speed Mollux, and max speed Modest Mega Ampharos. The rest of the EVs are spilled into Attack to boost Scizor's offensive presence.

Rotom-W.png

Kenmore (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-W acts as a great pivot as well as an answer to the likes of Talonflame, Heatran, Mega Pinsir, and Landorus-T. A very standard set known by almost everyone: Near max HP and max Defense to increase bulky while also minimizing Burn/Toxic/Leech Seed damage, Volt Switch for initiative, Hydro Pump for STAB, Pain Split as a semi reliable form of recovery, and Wisp to cripple physical attackers. 8 Speed EVs allow Rotom to avoid being speed crept by the likes of Suicune or slower Heatran sets while also guaranteeing you outspeed max speed neutral Ampharos before it Mega Evolves and Crawdaunt.

Talonflame.png

FOB (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Especially when fully invested in Special Defense , Talonflame is a great answer to Kerfluffle, CAPs newest star. While there were many sets I could've gone with for Talonflame I wanted the SpDef Bulk Up set as it is very solid in this tier especially when paired with Mega Scizor as they help weaken each others threats. Bulk Up allows you to boost your physical stats so fully investing in HP and Special Defense is a must. 8 Speed EVs allow Talonflame to outspeed Mild Kyurem Black allowing Talonflame to Wisp or Bulk Up before Kyurem can Fusion Bolt. Brave Bird is used as a great STAB move and is chosen over Acrobatics as the Leftovers recovery is too good to pass up. Wisp acts a great way to passively weaken checks and counters to Talonflame as well as getting Talonflame an easier time setting up on physical attackers such as Mega Metagross, Kitsunoh, Mega Scizor, and Colossoil.

Landorus-T.png

Toph (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The last thing I needed a Rocker that could stand up to the likes of Excadrill, Landorus-T, Colossoil, Cawmodore, and Mega Charizard X. Landorus-T was chosen as Intimidate is very useful for preventing Mega Zard X from sweeping as well as being a great lure for Ferrothorns and Mega Scizors. Rocky Helmet helps wear down physical attackers, Earthquake is for general STAB purposes, and Stealth Rock is for wearing down the opponents teams. HP Fire and a Relaxed nature allow Landorus to lure in Mega Scizor, Cawmodore, and Ferrothorn, 2HKOing the first two and 3HKOing the latter. The EVs allow Landorus to tank physical hits as much as possible while also avoiding the OHKO from Mega Manectric's HP Ice.

Proof of Peak:

Proof of Peak.png

Showdown Live I recorded with this team (Pre HP Fire Landorus):

Threat List:

Mega Zard X Sprite.png
Mega Charizard X is possibly the biggest issue to this team as my best answer is Landorus' Earthquake. If the opponent plays with it well, there is a good chance it'll sweep the whole team.

Rotom-W Sprite.png
Rotom-W is not the biggest threat but it does get special mention as it handles my 2 sweepers rather well and my best switch in is Colossoil which takes about 40 from a Hydro Pump.

Aurumoth sprite.png
Aurumoth has the potential to deal great damage to my team especially when the opponent uses Illusion well. Not impossible to handle, but a big nuisance.

Importable:

Amy Rose (Kerfluffle) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Parting Shot

Armadillomon (Colossoil) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit

Ricochet (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Kenmore (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

FOB (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Toph (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope you enjoyed reading! I look forward to all compliments and criticisms!​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)