CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 9 - Art Poll 3

What art should be used for CAP 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kukem all the way here. It is the last surviving entry that has the right body shape and mesh of typing hints that CAP11 really needs. As much as I really love Doug and AB's entries for their own merits, they just don't stack up to the way Kukem masterfully represents CAP11's stat spread, typing, and style.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kukem is my pic. Although many people (myself included)chose Doug in the past, Kukem's design grew on me incredibly. It also represents the typing the best, fits in with the other Pokemon, and really embodies the Speed of CAP 11, which I think the others missed. It also seems more Specially based, but isn't completely tilted to where it couldn't show its great Attack stat as well.

Yeah, I have to go with Kukem's artwork on this one. It is the only one that seems like an actual Dark/Fighting type. Doug's doesn't seem like Fighting, and Aragorn's doesn't seem at all like Dark to me. Not to mention that in my opinion, Kukem's looks to msot balanced for a variety of strategies, movepools, and stats.

Kukem's is way cooler than the other two :P

Putting trolling aside, I think it's the only one that looks fast enough for that kind of base speed. Simple as that.

I really feel like Kukem's pokemon's design is really done to death. The overall body structure and the hands with some type of jewel/energy source
in the middle. Its not a bad design, but i feel like I've seen it a hundred times already.

AB's pokemon also has the jewel hand thing going for it, but the main reason I don't want it to be the next CAP is because it doesn't seem to fit the fighting/dark typing.

Thats why I voted for Doug's. It doesn't have very much of a fighting appearance, but its bearable. The main thing I like this one is because I feel it is the most unique/not done to death, and as a plus, volt absorb/lighting rod actually makes sense with this pokemon.

I'll have to say that Doug's design is the best here, out of the three it contains a simplicity and personality I feel the other two lack. The colours are nice and bright despite being greys and browns and the flavour and backstory is imaginative as well as well crafted.

The sack-like body looks like it can take a few punches without collapsing and the hint of muscle (stuffing?) certainly shows the fighting aspects perfectly. The colouration and general flavour of the design, being a voodoo doll, fits the dark typing perfectly. The use of the needle as a wand to shoot special attacks and attract or absorb electricity is also the best justification for the abilities here.

If you can't tell, i've fallen in love with it. Voodoom is near perfect to me.

Voted for aragornbird. None of my favorites got through, but I always liked the panther. I like Doug's a lot too, but I see it as a ghost, and more like a Bannette or Dusclops in terms of power. In other news, everything I vote for in a poll always seems to be losing the race. Sorry for any jynxing I may have caused.

I'm really disappointed that neither Yilx or Buffalo_Wings made it this far, but I believe DougJustDoug's is the best anyway. I feel it best represents the competitive Pokemon that CAP11 was supposed to be, and the other two just don't feel like Pokemon at all to me.

Kukem because I feel the ninja aspect does really fit the dark fighting. not to mention, I feel that i'd be much easier to give it a more interesting sprite.

This time, I voted for DougJustDoug. Why? Two reasons. One, I'm thinking that a culture other than Japan's shouldn't be represented in Pokemon. Two, I already made a sprite for Doug's design out of bordom and impatience.

I'm still with DougJustDoug. It contains a level of originality and creativity that none of the other entries exhibited. It fits the abilities very well, certainly better than the other two, and I'd argue that it fits its typing just fine. The idea behind voodoo, the pierced heart, the coloring, and the idea of an abandoned ragdoll make it a good dark Pokemon. Ghost is closely related on those lines but not so much that it is a problem. It has a bulky physique which accounts for the fighting aspect just as well as a sleek Pokemon might. As for the speed, bear in mind that there are examples where something fat, and presumably slow, are actually the opposite, like Purugly and Slaking. The voodoo doll may look slow, but appearances can prove wrong.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kukem, Swaggersaurus, and JojoX3's entries were all really similar, but I didn't like Kukem's nearly as much because it still feels like its trying to be edgy (something that plagued the art in this CAP). But though it seems less Pokemon to me than the ninja tanuki, it's still not all too different. So I vote Kukem.

I voted for Kukem because it actually embodies the stat spread we gave to CAP 11 and looks like it can attack both physically and specially. It also looks like a lightning rod. (Its three-pointed collar looks like it has the potential to draw Electric attacks towards it).

DougJustDoug is an awesome concept, don't get me wrong, but it seems more Ghost-like and non-conductive than the other two. I'm really not sure why people are voting for it but hey, it's their choice.

Doug's is way better. As already stated, Kukem's is overdone, and although AG's is REALLY COOL it doesn't have any reasoning for having VA or LR, and Doug's is incredible AND it has something with which it can use VA or LR.

After both of my original choices made it through to the second poll but failed to make it further, I've reverted to DJD's this time round. As stated above, Kukem's general design has been done to death, and Doug's design represents both types far better than aragornbird's. All good pieces of art without a doubt and the resulting sprites are always going to be intersting, but Doug's just provides the best representation of the overall concept to me.

I voted for Kukem because it actually embodies the stat spread we gave to CAP 11 and looks like it can attack both physically and specially. It also looks like a lightning rod.

DougJustDoug is an awesome concept, don't get me wrong, but it seems more Ghost-like and non-conductive than the other two. I'm really not sure why people are voting for it but hey, it's their choice.
I don't get it. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tning_Rod.jpg/150px-Pointed_Lightning_Rod.jpg

How does it look like a lightning rod?

I voted for Aragorn's because it captured Dark and Fighting the best, marginally. If I didn't vote for him, I'd have voted for Kukem. Honestly, my favorite designs didn't make it, but then, none of them will matter in real Pokemon, will they?

Kukem!

I voted for Kukem and not for DougJustDoug, because the Voodoll doesn't seem to be a Fighting type and it doesn't look fast, too. So I voted for Kukem.

I voted for DougJustDoug's Voodoo doll purely on the strength and appeal of the design to me. Even if it might not be the best choice for Fighting/Dark it still looks pretty good to me.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I honestly think that Kukem's design is sheer brilliance, and I'll be devastated if it doesn't win (though that's probably quite likely). It ticks all the boxes, which I cannot in good grace say for the other two - it embodies both Fighting and Dark in perfect unison, it's streamlined body simply screams high Speed and it looks like it could use both physical and special attacks quite adequately.

As for the others... I don't really see the appeal behind Doug's design. Artistically it looks excellent and is probably the most sophisticated design still in, however, to me I can't really see either Dark-type or Fighting-type in it. It doesn't look like it could hit anything (and yes I've seen the supporting artwork) and do any damage, nor move with 110 base Speed. As for aragornbird's design, I really like the design and I'd love it as CAP11's artwork, but I prefer Kukem's simply because Kukem seems more offensively-proportioned in terms of artwork.

Good luck to all participants.

DougJustDoug is my choice, because even though Kukem hit the nail on the head with stats and typing I think that Voodoom explores a new topic untouched by Pokemon so far and can be easily associated with a well-known subject. Lightningrod is exectuted perfectly and I like the art style. Aragornbird's is nice too, but I don't think it fits the typing as well.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I voted for DJD. I just don't get Fighting from Kukem or Dark from Aragornbird. I get both from DJD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)