Other Metagames Campaign (AG Stall)

Hi hi welcome all of you to my RMT. This is my take at an AG stall team. With the generation wrapping up very soon, I decided to post the team. The team focuses around preventing hazards and slowly chipping your opponents team down, while keeping your defensive backbone up. I chose the song Campaign as the name of the RMT due to it being a pretty dope song and Future and Ty Dolla $ign are two of my favorite music creators, and with the music video coming out the day right before the presidential elections, I thought it was a good choice. With that said, lets get right onto the RMT!

Sableye is great at bouncing back hazards, meaning you can switch between your walls freely. It also serves to spread status and support your other members. This mega is a staple on many stall teams in OU, Ubers, and AG, and theres no surprise that its on this team.

Arceus water is great at dealing with mons like Pdon and Ho-oh, while being a good soft check to something like Rayquaza. It also provides toxic support and lets you slowly chip alway at your opponents health.

Quagsire is probably one of the most important mons glueing stall together. It prevents set up sweepers like DD Rayquaza and SD pdon, preventing them from sweeping the team.

Pdon provides a xerneas soft check while providing rocks and a way to deal with ferrothorn, which this team would struggle with.

Clefable is a utter must on this team to prevent stuff like Xerneas from setting up and sweeping once pdon dies. Its also capable of checking CM Arceus variants seeing as it is unaware. Finally, it provides heal bell and wish support to keep your other members healthy. While every member of this team has some way to recover hp, its still nice to have the ability to pass wishes.

W/o Arceus-Rock, this team would be utterly murked by Ho-oh. This is also an Rayquaza check, and can also spread burns onto your enemies mons.

Future (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Sableye is my main way to prevent hazards from getting up onto my side of the field. It is important to make sure that my walls can pivot around freely, because the slightest bit of damage could mean that one of my walls may be in range of dying to an incoming attack, breaking my defensive backbone. Keeping my walls reasonably healthy is crucial and rocks are probably one of the best ways of chipping them, thus keeping them of the field (at least my side of the field) is important. Having them on my opponents side of the field, however, is spectacular too. The weaker the opposing team is, the better for my walls to potentially pick them off. Fake Out is the first move in the moveset, allowing Sableye to freely mega and allows for a tiny bit of damage, while it is minimal, any damage i can get matters. Night Shade allows me to break subs from pokemon like Darkrai and is consistent damage overall. Recover is a must, keeping Sableye alive throughout the match is important, so that you can bounce hazards and status back. Will-O-Wisp is good for crippling potential sweepers and walls alike, the damage reduction hurts physical sweepers while the 12% loss of HP each turn is great passive damage.

Ty Dolla $ign (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Toxic
- Iron Defense
- Ice Beam

Arceus-Water is here to take physical hits like a monster and dish out status. It has incredible bulk and a solid typing allowing it to take hits from many physical attackers considerably well. Without this mon, Primal Groudon would shred this team apart. Thanks to Iron Defense, it can begin to set up on Primal Groudon and take the hits incredibly well (Shoutout Fardin for the suggestion). Toxic allows you to widdle down mons such as Primal Groudon as you set up, or cripple walls such as opposing Arc-Water, Clefable, Quagsire, etc. Ice Beam is here for Rayquaza and can pick off a weakened Pdon. Recover is again, a necessity, allow you to stall alive throughout the match and check my physical attackers.

D.R.A.M. (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Haze
- Recover / Haze
- Earthquake
- Counter

Quagsire is one of the reasons stall can work. Due to its unaware ignoring stat raises, Quagsire is able to come in on set up sweepers such as Pdon at +2, DD rayquaza, or SD rayquaza and can Counter them, knocking them out. Scald is here so that you can fetch for burns verses things like Arc-Steel and Poison. EQ is great consistent damage overall. Recover again, is for longevity as without it, Quagsire is quickly widdled. Counter is a must seeing as this team completely loses to mons such as SD rayquaza. Originally having Haze as a last ditch way to deal with Geo Xerneas, but this never came up as the best play for me to make and counter helped even more. You could replace scald / eq with Haze if you really want to, but I don't really see any situation Haze would be preferred. The EV's are optimized to take physically oriented hits more comfortably (Shoutouts MMM for the Counter suggestion).

EDIT : Looking back at this team, Haze is a good way to deal with full baton changes and if you plan to ladder with this team, consider swapping scald or eq for haze. Counter is a must but those two moves are completely interchangeable with haze.

Lil Chano From 79th (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Rest

Primal Groudon is my rocker and my soft check to Xerneas. It provides rocks which are basically mandatory on any team in every tier. Any passive damage I can get is appreciated, and rocks are one of the best ways of getting passive damage. Lava Plume is nice for burning things like MSab, Lugia, Arc-Water, etc, as it passively chips off their HP. Precipice Blades is good STAB and hits like a truck even though it isn't invested. Rest is great for curing Primal Groudon of toxic, which is extremely annoying. Its also Pdon's only form of recovery, and while it does put you to sleep, Clefable's Heal Bell wakes Pdon up and lets it go back to taking hits. The EV's are optimized to handle Xerneas and take a +2 Focus Blast after rocks, and either weakening it severely or even knocking it out if its in range.

Jeremih (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Clefable is the medic / cleric of the team. Say Arceus-Water / Primal Groudon is toxic'ed and asleep respectively, Clefable is in charge of bringing them back to normal. Clefable plays a huge role in this regard, without Clefable, status would annoy the fuck out of my team. This is also my Xerneas answer. If its scarf, i can ppl stall it of moonblast and it can't do anything the rest of the game. If its Geo, I beat it 1v1. If the opponent has both varients of xerneas, i could deal with both of em Due to Pdon, Clefable, and even my other members being able to take a hit. For example, if the scarf Xerneas is weakened, Arecus-Water only takes about 40% and can knock it out in return. Wish and Protect are great for stalling out Moonblast and for passing huge wishes, this is why i opt'ed for wish protect. An alternative clefable set could replace wish / protect with Moonlight / CM, but this isn't every good. The merits of that set are that it gives the team a wincon that it would otherwise not have, but this kills the flow of the team and is almost never better than Wish + Protect. Moonblast is here just for STAB and prevent us from being taunt bait.

Yung Boat (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment

Arecus-Rock is the last pokemon on my team. Looking at my team, I saw a huge Ho-oh weakness, I had no real way of dealing with it. Arceus-Rock is arguably one of the best Ho-oh checks in the game. It takes any hit from Ho-oh comfortably. Will-O-Wisp is great for spreading the burns around like mentioned before when we were talking about Sableye. Defog is here in case we were ever in the situation that you need to defog, its nice to have the ability to. Recover again is a must so that you can stay healthy and check Ho-oh numerous times in the game. Judgement is here just for STAB and prevents us from being a Sitting Duck vs Taunt users. This is also a Excellent Rayquaza check, as it can take any hit reasonably well and scare it out, fearing to take a Judgement.

- SD Rayquaza can murk every pokemon on this team bar Quag, meaning you have to Counter it with Quag.

- If Arceus-Water is low / dead, this thing can shred that team apart, and countering it is your only play.

- Click X. It will pressure stall you before you can pp stall it. Theres literally no way to win vs this. Even if Clef was CM, this thing is only on stall teams and they will have a way to deal with this thing. It can also roar it out. Not much you can do, don't bother playing the match.

- The only version of Regular Arceus that threatens the team is the LO Adamant Return varient. Your only hope is to burn it and burn stall it from there. They will almost always switch out before you can burn. This isn't the most common threat ever but it is one none the less.

Everyone :]

Hope everyone enjoyed the team, Ty for checking it out and have a nice day !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)