Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Meet possibly the best user of the near perfect offensive type combination Fairy/Ground, Celebi. Both Mew, and Shaymin also have access to Earth Power and Dazzling Gleam, however, Celebi has a better ability than Mew and Shaymin only has Growth to boost its special attack. As we all know, Celebi, like all other pixies, has stats of 100 all across the board. this makes it vastly superior stat wise to all other users of this type combo. Sadly, Celebi's stats might also be its downfall. While it has solid bulk (that could be boosted with Calm Mind) its 100 offensive stats are quite weak for this meta. 100 base speed is even worse than that. To top it off, It comes with two common weaknesses to Ice and Water. It is also weak to Steel and Grass. While it wont be a major threat, it can be something to take into consideration.

Here are some other goodies I've thought of:

Mega Mawile: STAB Sucker Punch and Knock Off now.

Breloom: This a kind of like a lil' Terrakion with STAB Rock Tomb now.

Mega Heracross: Fuck Pin Missile when you have STAB Rock Blast now.

Landorus-I: Now gets STAB on one of its coverage moves. Dat Focus Blast.

Thundurus: STAB on Psychic or Focus Blast.

Porygon Z: Adaptability BoltBeam.

Mew: Can basically be whatever the hell you want it to be.

Durant: STAB Hustle Crunch and Superpower. Ouch.

Mega Charizard Y: STAB Solarbeam or Focus Blast, whichever you prefer. You also get rid of that 4x SR weakness.

Landorus-T: STAB Knock Off and U-turn.

Talonflame: Steel Wing gets rid of that SR weakness.

Victini: STAB Bolt Strike to go along with V-Create.

Mega Medicham: STAB Fake Out + Feint might make it a good revenge killer.

Mega Aerodactyl: Can now make good use of Tough Claws with Return and Crunch. It can also Pursuit trap Ghost types.

Last edited:
Shedinja with WoW + Metal Claw is immune to many kinds of passive damage (WoW itself, Sandstorm, Toxic, Toxic Spikes) and is only weak to 3 direct damage types (fight, ground, water).

Sucker Punch + Toxic + Air Baloon is immune to direct damage, but vulnerable to passive damage, though i believe this set was already discussed.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

EKiller Lucario :D

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Iron Tail / Extreme Speed / Bullet Punch

This is what you want. STAB Close Combat and Ice Punch grant great coverage with 2 moves, Extreme Speed or Bullet Punch can be used as priority, while Stone Edge and Iron Tail grant better coverage, albeit with shaky accuracy. Swords Dance can boost your attack to amazing heights. Stone Edge also grants you perfect coverage against everything but Ghost/Steel.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

This is what you want. STAB Close Combat and Ice Punch grant great coverage with 2 moves, Extreme Speed or Bullet Punch can be used as priority, while Stone Edge and Iron Tail grant better coverage, albeit with shaky accuracy. Swords Dance can boost your attack to amazing heights. Stone Edge also grants you perfect coverage against everything but Ghost/Steel.
STAB ExtremeSpeed tho

STAB ExtremeSpeed tho
STAB Extreme Speed (yes, it has a space in there) isn't the best, I think. Normal-type moves won't get you any coverage, so I'd say more useful STABs are better (namely, Fighting and Ice).

New idea:

Shedinja @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Toxic
- Hone Claws
- Fury Cutter
- Baton Pass / Agility
Poison / Dark typing with Air Balloon, so no weaknesses, can only be hurt by mold breaker. Hone Claws boosts attack and accuracy, and then sweep with Fury Cutter. Baton Pass can be used to switch out and give its boosts, while Agility can raise its speed. Unfortunetaly, Shedinja learns no trapping moves.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
STAB Extreme Speed (yes, it has a space in there) isn't the best, I think. Normal-type moves won't get you any coverage, so I'd say more useful STABs are better (namely, Fighting and Ice).

New idea:

Shedinja @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Toxic
- Hone Claws
- Fury Cutter
- Baton Pass / Agility
Poison / Dark typing with Air Balloon, so no weaknesses, can only be hurt by mold breaker. Hone Claws boosts attack and accuracy, and then sweep with Fury Cutter. Baton Pass can be used to switch out and give its boosts, while Agility can raise its speed. Unfortunetaly, Shedinja learns no trapping moves.
It still gets killed by entry hazards, burns and weather.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Stealing Eevee's formatting because its pretty

/

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog / Ice Beam / Healing Wish
- Roost / Recover

You could also go with Ice Beam > Draco Meteor and get an Ice / Electric w/Leviate, but I think Dragon / Electric is better because of all the resists Dragon has. . I like Latias better but Latios can also run the same set. Makes it kind of a worst Keldeo switch in, but the new Electric typing helps a lot, especially now that it doesn't get rekt by TTar's Pursuit. Watch out for Mold Breaker EQs tho. Overall a pretty nice typing imo.

EDIT: Holy shit just realized how ridiculous Mew can get.

or
/

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere / Substitute
- Nasty Plot / Roost

SubPlot is pretty simple. Normal / Ghost is chosen due to it being a pretty neat defensive typing, although Ghost / Fighting is too and might be better, especially on the variants without Nasty Plot. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere is all you really need due to how awesome the coverage is. This is a re-occuring theme of Ghost / Fighting coverage on these Mews. However, the cool thing about Mew is that you don't have to run Ghost / Fighting coverage. You can slap on Dark Pulse, BoltBeam - anything. Mew's movepool is huge.

~~~~~

/

Mew @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Roost / Dark Pulse

Same idea as the above, but a more full-offensive NP set. Not much to say here, since its pretty similar to the above. Dark Pulse is an option over Roost because Dark Pulse hits the Ghost / Normals that would completely wall you. Again, you don't have to run Ghost / Fight - You can run Dazzling Gleam + Dark Pulse, BoltBeam, ect.

~~~~~~

or
/

Mew @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Drain Punch / Swords Dance
- Knock Off / Roost

SD set works pretty much the same but from the other spectrum. Its kind of suffers from low BP moves, but Drain Punch is a cool STAB, so its w/e. Roost isn't ran here because Drain Punch should give you enough recovery, and Knock Off is 2gud to pass up, because of those nasty Ghost / Normals. Again, you can run w/e you want for coverage. Knock Off / Gunk Shot is pretty neat coverage for typing imo.

~~~~~

/

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Substitute
- Bulk Up

SubBulk Up is neat. Dark / Poison is also a neat defensive typing, so I went with that. Again, Drain Punch / Shadow Claw can be used if you want to. Only weak to Ground is neat. Mainly made this one Dark / Poison to show that Mew doesn't just have to be Ghost / BLANK all the time. Sadly it doesn't learn Play Rough, but it does get Dark Pulse + Dazzling Gleam for special sets.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus

/

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

/

Mew @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Tail Glow
- HP Ground

Ghost and Fairy provides near perfect coverage hitting everything besides Normal/Fire, Normal/Steel, and Normal/Poison for nuetral damage. Tail Glow allows Manaphy to boost its Special Attack. Hidden Power Ground hits Normal/Fire, Normal/Steel, and Normal/Poison supereffectively. Azelf can also use a similar set, trading power and bulk for speed.

Charizard w/charizardnite y
Modest/timid
252sp.atk/252spd
- Fireblast
- Solarbeam
- Focusblast/dragonpulse
- Roost
CharY is gonna be a pain. Fire/grass is a decent typing with a weakness to just rock, poison and flying type. Watch out for SR tho
And Choice items seem to be a bad idea in this meta unless your name is ditto.
Cresselia w/leftovers
Bold 252hp/252def
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- filler
Steel or psychic stab seem uncommon which is lovely. What should be the last move?

This meta looks like a freaking amazing idea, so I'll try to get this coded up as fast as possible Piccolo Daimao
Wow, that's awesome! Now I get to see how bad I am at my own meta!

Please note that I am posting quite a few of the sets you all came up with in the main thread. If you do not want me doing this with your sets, please notify me. Also, if any of the sets I post are bad, please explain why the are bad and I will remove them.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate/Heatproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Flash Canon
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock/Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind/Trick Room

Steel/Ghost, despite the Steel Type nerf, is still one of the better defensive typings around. Put that together with Levitate and you've gotten yourself a neat mon. It can also set up Stealth Rock while Spinblocking or even function as a Trick Room lead to some extent. So it's essentially a better version of Froslass. A gimmickier set is possible with Curse and Protect, since Steel/Ghost with Levitate will force quite a few switches. Heatproof can also be utilized because almost all players will assume that Bronzong has Levitate and will risk trying to use a Ground Move. You can take advantage of it.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Roost
- Steel Wing
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic/Thunder Wave

Meet Skarmory on drugs. Works wonderfully on stall teams, putting a stop to set up sweepers early on and also helps win matches late game via Toxic Stalling.

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt/Thunder Wave
- Destiny Bond/Toxic Spikes

Quagsire without Unaware, but Intimidate and Scald. Good trade off, I guess. The other two moves really don't matter. You can try to avoid Defog via Taunt, but many Defoggers are quicker. Maybe a better EV arrangement would help.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry/Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Outrage/Ice Fang

A wonderful defensive typing, now mixed with Gyarados' offensive prowess. A big middle finger to Game Freak. Edit: Outrage fixed. Thanks, Talpr0ne.

Last edited:

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs / Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Uproar
- Thunderbolt / Rest
- Energy Ball / Calm Mind
Bulky Gengar I guess? Gothitelle now has wonderful defensive typing, plus respectable 95 Defense / 110 Sp. Defense, it can only countered only by Dark type moves and hits hard like a champ. An alternative set could be run with Rest / Calm Mind although has to be run with Lefties.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Scald
- Toxic / Confuse Ray / Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
Where's your Defensive Azumarill now? Those EVs by the way are used to outspeed things like Scizor, Tyranitar, Belly Drum Azumarill,...

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Shadow Claw
- Toxic
- Rest

Special Defensive Heracross anyone?

Gyarados @ Lum Berry/Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Substitute

A wonderful defensive typing, now mixed with Gyarados' offensive prowess. A big middle finger to Game Freak. Unfortunately, no good Dragon STAB.
Gyarados does actually learn Outrage via BW2 tutors, unless you don't count Outrage as good.

Also DPPt Rotom strikes back with Volt Switch and Shadow ball as the first moves of the Rotom-Appliance you think is cooler.

Hawlucha looks like it could be a lot more successful in this metagame if it has Acrobatics and Swords Dance/Stone Edge to give it a typing that makes it less easy to revenge killer with Normal/Flying or Rock/Flying. Aegislash still hard walls it, but it can hit pretty much everything else besides that. It could also run Quick Attack over Stone Edge to help a little bit with priority since it will hit a bit harder with STAB, a Swords Dance boost and an Adamant nature.
Hawlucha @ Red Card/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Quick Attack
- Stone Edge/Swords Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
Sceptile could do something similar.
Sceptile @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake/Leaf Storm
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Storm/Earthquake
Ice Shard is always a problem though. :/
Dragonite and Salamence will also increase in viabilty now that they can have useful secondary STABs to distinguish themselves a bit from the likes of Mega Charizard X.
I love how Greninja basically remains unchanged lol.

EV

Banned deucer.
Gyarados does actually learn Outrage via BW2 tutors, unless you don't count Outrage as good.

Also DPPt Rotom strikes back with Volt Switch and Shadow ball as the first moves of the Rotom-Appliance you think is cooler.
I also think it would be fun to try Raikou with Volt Switch/Shadow Ball to turn it into Rotom, though it doesn't have Levitate. There are a handful of Levitators who can run the Electric/Ghost combo, but they can't do it with Volt Switch. I guess Rotom and its formes are still unique in that sense.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Mega Blastoise looks pretty cool on paper.

/
or

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Scald
- Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin / Aura Sphere / Ice Beam

Blastoise best dragon. Dragon / Steel is a cool typing, although Dragon / Water is also neat. Dragon is probably his best typing to go into, although Dark could also be pretty neat. Sadly, outside of Water Pulse, combining Mega Launcher moves causes him to be 4x weak to Fairy, which seems like it'll be very common. This is why I think Dragon / Steel is the best, as Steel lets it smack fairies around. Fighting is also not the best typing to be without an amazing type combo due to how common Fairy and Ghosts are imo, so that's why Aura Sphere was chosen. Dragon / Water is a good choice tho because of Scald's utility and how cool Water / Dragon is. Rapid Spin is neat but is negotiable for Aura Sphere or even Ice Beam. Dark Pulse is important for those Normal / Ghost frens, although Dragon Pulse smacks them neutrally so idk. What makes Blastoise stand out from other mons that can pull a similar set is Mega Launcher, which makes its STAB Dragon Pulse hit really hard. EVs are the standard M. Blastoise spread - 20 speed to outspeed uninvested base 80s, rest goes into HP and SpA.

I've been thinking about using a rain-abusing Dragonite since it is one the few Pokemon with access to Hurricane, Thunder and Water moves all at once. Water/Flying, Electric/Flying and Water/Electric are all great types and Dragonite has a decent 100 base Sp. Atk to take advantage of the powerful moves.
Dragonite @ Damp Rock/Life Orb/Expert Belt/Weakness Policy
- Thunder/Hurricane
- Hurricane/Surf
- Surf/Thunder/Hurricane
- Rain Dance/Roost/Ice Beam/Agility/Focus Blast
Water seems like one of the better typings for it to have so that it can have a reliable STAB attack outside of rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)