BW OU RMT - Semi-Weather Troll Team

Welcome!

In this RMT which only like 5 people will see, I'm gonna show you my team, which I kinda made to troll weather teams.

Frosslass @ Focus Sash
Timid 252 Speed/ 252 Sp.A/ 4 HP
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Ice Beam

Pretty much a copy from Gen 4, but it's surprising how many people forget about Destiny Bond >.>
It's actually funny taking out an important target with it after I troll a wall with Taunt and set up a couple of spikes.

Frosslass also serves as a revenge-killer at times with its 110 speed and STAB Ice Beam. Beware, Godchomp >:(

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish 252 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 4 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Waterfall

Now, don't laugh. Swampert actually performs well. Sure, Gastrodon and Quagsire are better walls, but I wanted a tank; a tank that could actually KILL a few things.

Aside from setting up SR, Swampy here can hit surprisingly hard with his great STABs and even with the little defensive(defense...not HP >.>) investment, he can take hits well.

Now, you might ask why I put Hammer Arm. I myself don't know the exact answer, but it has something to do with those T-tars/Blisseys/Chanseys/*insert other Fighting weak mon* that have the balls to stay in on Swampert.

Set up some SR here, pwn some ass over there. Swampert is a cool bro.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant 252 Sp.Def/ 252 Attack/ 4 HP
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Ice Punch
-Zen Headbutt

My Lati@s counter. He hasn't been doing so well though.
I wanted him to tank special hits while also hitting hard back with Ice Punch and Meteor Mash and the occasional Zen headbutt to hit unsuspecting Poison/Fighting types who think they can tank a hit >:(

He's subject to change though as he hasn't done much.
NOTE: Might change Lefties for a Choice Band

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
lolTimid 252 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Sunny Day
-Hp Ice

Tangrowth...the tentacle rap- I mean uhh....yeah.
Anyway, his goal in life is to switch in on an EQ happy pokemon in a Sand team(after T-tar is gone, preferably), tank the hit, set up Sun, and cause some chaos.
Like Metagross, he hasn't been doing too great. He lacks quite a bit of power at times. Though Giga Drain and Hp Ice aren't exactly strong in the first place. Why did I make this special? I'm not sure. It was probably to laugh at the Garchomp I set up Sun on :/
400+ Speed isn't bad for such a slow-ass pokemon, but 319 Sp.Attack just isn't enough without a boost.

Kingdra @ Shuca Berry
Modest 252 Speed/ 252 Sp.Attack
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

First thing you see is that Shuca Berry(Ground resist if I'm not mistaken).
I put it on after an incident with an EQ happy Landorus after my Tangrowth was killed by a Psychotic Celebi...I got kinda pissed. Originally I had a Haban berry to take an Outrage/Dragon Claw from a Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp and easily OHKO back with Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam.
Also here to screw up with teams that think they're funny by running Politoed >:(

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Modest 210 Speed/ 48 HP/ 252 Sp.Attack
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting

This set isn't mine, but I liked it a lot, so I put it on my team.(Can't remember the name of the guy who made it D: Thx to whoever made it >.>)
This thing is here to kill T-tar.
Don't laugh.
How many people hesitate to switch in T-tar on Chandelure? 1 or 2 special people who think they're cool, but they're not >.>
Either way, this can 2HKO any T-tar and will LURE it in(or any other prey) and curb stomp it.
It's also funny switching in on Ferrothorn or Scizor :)
Best thing about Chandelure is that it handles 4 of the top 5 pokemon easily.
HP Fighting is nice for hitting Heatran a bit harder too or for a guaranteed hit on a weakened mon.

Well, that's my team.
Now, I've played with this team for like 2 hours and 30 mins and I didn't notice much the team couldn't handle.
There was something that did a number on me:

Freakin pixie can wall a part of my team and can hit a few of them super effectively >.>
Add in Thunder Wave and it gets a lot worse.
Chandelure can usually handle it, but not without taking quite a hit from a STAB Psychic/Psyshock.

oh, and one more thing....

Too bulky and Chandelure can't switch in easily. Regenerator just makes things worse T_T

Well, that was my team and those were the few mons that gave my team quite a bit of trouble in the time that I used it.
Please leave some suggestions/tips/etc.

NOTE: Try not to suggest legendary pokemon for my team because I would like to make this team on my cartridge and getting a legit Deoxys/Jirachi/etc. wont be easy.

Hey, Kefka.

You may actually want to consider a SDef Gastrodon or Quagsire over Swampert to help deal with Thundurus. Gastrodon's ability, Storm Drain, could also help you with Slowbro who aren't running Toxic. Stealth Rock support is very useful though, so in that event you'd have to put it on Metagross or find another team member.

Banded Metagross with 252 HP/192 Atk/64 SDef and Pursuit (probably over Zen Headbutt) should serve as a much better Lati@s counter. Just beware of switching into HP Fire.

A more defensively bulky Tangrowth with Renerator will help you out against the sand threats and keep it around long enough to do its job. From the analysis:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Ability: Regenerator
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Hidden Power Ice

You may wish to add some more special bulk. Also, if you really want to keep the Sunny Day, you could probably put it over Leech Seed.

Finally, Shuca Berry only reduces the damage from super-effective Ground hits. Leftovers or Life Orb would do well on Kingdra.

Hey, Kefka.

You may actually want to consider a SDef Gastrodon or Quagsire over Swampert to help deal with Thundurus. Gastrodon's ability, Storm Drain, could also help you with Slowbro who aren't running Toxic. Stealth Rock support is very useful though, so in that event you'd have to put it on Metagross or find another team member.

Banded Metagross with 252 HP/192 Atk/64 SDef and Pursuit (probably over Zen Headbutt) should serve as a much better Lati@s counter. Just beware of switching into HP Fire.

A more defensively bulky Tangrowth with Renerator will help you out against the sand threats and keep it around long enough to do its job. From the analysis:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Ability: Regenerator
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Hidden Power Ice

You may wish to add some more special bulk. Also, if you really want to keep the Sunny Day, you could probably put it over Leech Seed.

Finally, Shuca Berry only reduces the damage from super-effective Ground hits. Leftovers or Life Orb would do well on Kingdra.

I agree with all of the following recommended by Jupiter. I would also replace your Swampert for Gastrodon. Here's the set:

Gastrodon @ Leftovers -- Storm Drain
Nature: Calm - EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power
- Scald

Now, looking at your team, you would lack an SR supporter. Your team is very weak to Gengars and Reuniclus and Lati@s. So what you can do first is add Jirachi to help you counter all three of those Pokemon. Replace your Metagross for this Jirachi set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers -- Serene Grace
Nature: Careful - EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Wish
- Iron Head

Now you're still lacking a SR supporter. Instead of using that Chandelure, I recommend Heatran. Gastrodon and Jirachi already can handle Tyranitars, so you don't relly have to fear Tyranitars. Chandelure is weak to SR and the sand, so it's not a great option. Heatran is much bulkier and can handle many threats, especially with an Air Balloon it can be dangerous. It can also set up Stealth Rocks, which is great. Here's the set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon -- Flash Fire
Nature: Timid - EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)