Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Custom Ruleset bug that I'll try to explain the best I can
A friend of mine and I wanted to play gen 8 Mix & Mega + CAP Mons , so I went and Tried to get rid of every issue with custom rules to make gen 9 Mix & Mega the equivalent , which landed me on this specific command: /Challenge Gen 9 Mix And Mega @@@ + CAP , + Crucibellite , + Past ,
However , When we go to challenge someone , I noticed a few things when testing further , First off , Always 2 Moves are "impossible to transfer" even tho we have "+ Past" as a condition , normally bypassing this problem , so I added "Custom Game" to try & Solve that transfer problem , but ofc it didn't work (otherwise I wouldn't be here) , But Then I tested replacing the moves with other moves , and It seems to be SPECIFICALLY The first Moveslot on SPECIFICALLY TeamSlots N°3 and N°5 , Pictures Below for what happened & Pokepastes to show proof of The first Moveslot bug and Teamslots Bug

Teams Used:
Bugged Custom Ruleset N°1 (pokepast.es)
Bugged Custom Ruleset N°2 (pokepast.es)
Bugged Custom Ruleset N°3 (pokepast.es)
Bugged Custom Ruleset N°4 (pokepast.es)

Pictures showing The Actions made in that order
Rules of the Challenge.png

Move Transferal Bug , Test 1.png

Move Transferal Bug , Test 3.png

Move Transferal Bug , Test 2.png

Attempt to Solve First Moveslot Problem.png

Move Transferal Bug , Test 4.png

Attachments

not exactly a generational bug but on the showdown site if you send a friend request to someone it also sends you a request saying "(your user) sent you a friend request!" and if you click yes it just says you have no incoming friend requests from (your user), it doesnt effect anything but its been getting rather annoying, i havent gotten a screenshot because i havent thought to + screenshotting on chromebook is annoying
BUG STATUS: FIXED (by Mia)

Last edited by a moderator:
Two quick things:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1976146018

This might not be a bug, but on turn 24 Zoroark is sent out while illusioned as Sableye - this revealed that the opponent's last mon was Zoroark on their team's icons. Is the use of Zoroark's base form here a bug or is the intention to use Zoroark as a "placeholder" to reveal a mon with the ability Illusion? If the latter, wouldn't this create weird scenarios in BH/Hackmons?

Second, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1976152157
On turn 7, Gardevoir switches in, its intimidate goes off, then Trace activates and copies Intimidate, but Intimidate does not activate a second time. It's (hopefully) a cosmetic thing, but thought I'd report with the above as well to be safe.

Two quick things:
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9randombattle-1976146018

This might not be a bug, but on turn 24 Zoroark is sent out while illusioned as Sableye - this revealed that the opponent's last mon was Zoroark on their team's icons. Is the use of Zoroark's base form here a bug or is the intention to use Zoroark as a "placeholder" to reveal a mon with the ability Illusion? If the latter, wouldn't this create weird scenarios in BH/Hackmons?
its because the pokemon was hidden but the opponent discovered it was zoroark by knocking it out and ending its illusion. no it doesnt effect hackmons because pokemon are prerevealed

its because the pokemon was hidden but the opponent discovered it was zoroark by knocking it out and ending its illusion. no it doesnt effect hackmons because pokemon are prerevealed
That happened at the end of turn 25 though - at the end of turn 24, "Sableye" was sent out and Zoroark was revealed as their last mon. That's how I knew to Mach Punch it. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

"Sableye" (Zoroark) was sent out at the end of turn 24. The Pokeball icon for unrevealed mons changed to a Zoroark, which shouldn't have been the case since Zoroark's illusion hadn't been broken.

"Sableye" (Zoroark) was sent out at the end of turn 24. The Pokeball icon for unrevealed mons changed to a Zoroark, which shouldn't have been the case since Zoroark's illusion hadn't been broken.
Two Sableyes had been sent out with different levels. This means that one of them was an illusion. To avoid this, ensure that the last member of your party is the same level as Zoroark when you send it out. (Your party is generated correctly, but switching may have changed this.)

Two Sableyes had been sent out with different levels. This means that one of them was an illusion. To avoid this, ensure that the last member of your party is the same level as Zoroark when you send it out. (Your party is generated correctly, but switching may have changed this.)
I was aware it was an illusion - I guess what my question now is why did the last mon show as Zoroark if the illusion hadn't been broken. Will it show as Zoroark-Hisui if the last mon was Zoroark-H instead of normal Zoroark? Or is it always displaying as Zoroark's base form?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1976646710
Situation on turns 16 and 17 of replay where cloud nine golduck was canceling the effects of sun and making protosynthesis on brute bonnet not activate, however once the golduck switched out into a koridon and sun was restored protosynthesis still did not activate. Checking the stats did not show a change, however no attack was made so it could have been just a visual issue or a stat issue.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I want to report something that I believe doesn't happen on cart but happens on showdown.

Neutralising gas with ability shield.

On showdown: if a Pokémon with ability shield and intimidate is on the field, intimidate activates because of the ability shield. when Weezing switches out or faints, intimidate activates again.

On cart: if a Pokémon with ability shield and intimidate is on the field, intimidate activates because of the ability shield. when Weezing switches out or faints, intimidate does not activate again.

The cart interaction makes sense because there's no reason for intimidate to reactivate if it wasn't affected by neutralising gas in the first place thanks to ability shield.

I have a replay which shows intimidate incorrectly activating twice: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1974003361-jhxhh1skartmnwif98nh0jzm67eodpfpw
I was about to post about the exact same, I noticed it while laddering and tested on cart to confirm and intimidate does in fact not activate twice with weezing switching on cart

This is very impactful for the vgc ladder at the moment as weezing is extremely common

In Regulation E VGC, when I used Bitter Malice (Which has a 100% chance on lowering attack) on a Rillaboom with Grassy Surge as it's ability, the attack drop did not happen. However, there was no pop-up informing me that it was holding a clear amulet, so for all I know it was not. The only other possible explanation is that it's partner was a Garganacl which could've had the clear body ability, also no pop up if this was what happened.

I do not have a link to the battle as the room expired while I was attempting to get answers, but I have managed to snag a download if needed

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
In Regulation E VGC, when I used Bitter Malice (Which has a 100% chance on lowering attack) on a Rillaboom with Grassy Surge as it's ability, the attack drop did not happen. However, there was no pop-up informing me that it was holding a clear amulet, so for all I know it was not. The only other possible explanation is that it's partner was a Garganacl which could've had the clear body ability, also no pop up if this was what happened.

I do not have a link to the battle as the room expired while I was attempting to get answers, but I have managed to snag a download if needed
Rillaboom was most likely holding Covert Cloak, which also blocks this Attack drop (but doesn't announce).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)