Breloom

Celebi has pretty good defensive typing - few will argue that Ground, Water, Electric, and Fighting resists are bad to have. It may be weak to 7 few types but it can always switch out of them.

Either Breloom is effective, IMO. I find SubPunch as more of a team player while Techniloom can hit hard right off the bat. It is depressingly slow for SD to be effective, though.
Switching is one thing, but in a world where everybody runs ice and fire moves to counter dragons and Scizor(and now also Nattorei) those weaknesses aren't helping.
Not to mention with new guys like Sazandora, the new steel bugs, Zoroark coming in and the continued use of Tyranitar, who now tends to carry fire blast and ice beam as well, it becomes far more difficult for Celebi to abuse its good resists, because its of its glaring weaknesses.

The new generation really isn't helping its cause as a defensive pokemon, much more so than gen4.

90.9% - 106.1%

That's how much an Adamant 252 Cloyster with life orb does to Breloom.

So, unless Breloom is injured, you're not revengekilling it with a sub up.

And yeah, Cloyster takes something like 130-150% from focus punch.
I got 215.9% - 253.8% :P

Icicle Spear is 25 BP per hit, not 10.

I wasn't even talking about a OHKO, just that subpunch would be pretty useless if spore and focuspunch aren't options and substitute isn't helping at ALL. I find the fact that the BP boost lets you tear a hole through it amusing; but even with the origional 10 calcs, I feel like a lot of Skill-Linkers will have +speed to use with Shell Break(after Breloom's gone), so even Stone-Edge and it's edgy accuracy might not even get a chance to hit, leaving SubPunch stopped cold(sorry for the puns >.<)

Wait, whats the percent chance for Bullet Seed to hit? Im pretty sure its 100. Either that of Bulbapedia's wrong. If so,then this thing is a monster. After factoring in all 5 hits, Technician, and STAB, you have a 280 base power attack, coming off of an attack stat of 130. UNBELIEVEABLE. Even if it isn't 100% accurate, can't Breloom hold Wide Lens? The 10% boost means that it has a higher cance of hitting, not sure how much though
EDIT: Bullet Seed hits 2-5 times each turn. So minimum of 112 Base Power.

I thought so. But then why are people saying that it only has a 1/8 chance to hit 5 times? Also it would be great if someone could do some damage calculations on this. After one swords dance, how much does it do with life orb or miracle seed? What does it not KO?

breh

強いだね
I thought so. But then why are people saying that it only has a 1/8 chance to hit 5 times? Also it would be great if someone could do some damage calculations on this. After one swords dance, how much does it do with life orb or miracle seed? What does it not KO?

uhhh it actually has a 1/6 chance to hit 5 times iirc (in addition to a 1/6 chance to hit twice and 1/3 to hit 4 or 3 times; could be wrong about which value is assigned to which hit amount)

the main reason that bullet seed isn't too great is that you're not killing scarf shanderaa without significant luck or lolshedshell

The attack itself has 100 percent accuracy. The amount of hits is a seperate calculation.

In previous generations, multi-hit moves only has a 1/8 chance of hitting five times. In Gen 5, the chance was increased to 1/6. Chances are, they were referring to previous generations, or they weren't aware of the change.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Spore+technician+wake up slap is an awesome combo for this guy. Out of curiousity how much would wake up slap do against a sleeping pokemon (blissey for instance)?

Spore+technician+wake up slap is an awesome combo for this guy. Out of curiousity how much would wake up slap do against a sleeping pokemon (blissey for instance)?
That's a terrible combo. If the pokemon is asleep, wake-up slap does double damage, or 120 base. Which means no technician. Even at base 60, that's a guaranteed KO on Blissey. At that point, you're better off using two ankle sweeps, which will do the same thing as one 120 BP wake-up slap since after the first ankle sweep, breloom is practically guaranteed to outspeed and land the second hit. After that, there's the possibility that the opponent is still asleep if you use ankle sweep. So wake-up slap sucks. Completely.

Don't forget that bullet seed has a pseudo-increased critical ratio as each hit is calculated separately when it comes to crits or something. I remember a thread somewhere where somebody did the calcs. Basically, bullet seed is even stronger than it seems.

The technician boost, irrc, does not apply to wake up slap if wake up slap is hitting a sleeping pokemon.

Wake up slap is boosted above 60 base power, and thus technician doesnt increase its damage.

Technician's boost will not apply if Wake-Up Slap's power is doubled. So it would be 120 + STAB = 180 against a sleeping Pokemon, less than a Focus Punch.

EDIT: Ninja'd hard.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Technician's boost will not apply if Wake-Up Slap's power is doubled. So it would be 120 + STAB = 180 against a sleeping Pokemon, less than a Focus Punch.

EDIT: Ninja'd hard.
Okay, so id doesn't get the technician boost. Even so, it's still a good move because you don't have to be behind a substitute in order to use it.

If you spore the opponent, then you don't need to be behind a substitute. If you're comparing focus punch to wake-up slap, that's stupid. Focus Punch is only for subseeding poison heal brelooms, who spore, get a free sub, and then fire off a focus punch. In that case, focus punch>wake-up slap as you can hit awake pokemon for 120 BP AND have them stay asleep.

Wake-up slap, if it should be used at all, is for technician sets, who are better off running Ankle Sweep or just sticking to mach punch. Techniloom also doesn't have as many opportunities to spore as poison heal as it's so busy revenge killing.

Honestly, I don't understand you're logic at all.

Isn't it amazing how Breloom can be two completely different pokemon depending on ability?

If you spore the opponent, then you don't need to be behind a substitute. If you're comparing focus punch to wake-up slap, that's stupid. Focus Punch is only for subseeding poison heal brelooms, who spore, get a free sub, and then fire off a focus punch. In that case, focus punch>wake-up slap as you can hit awake pokemon for 120 BP AND have them stay asleep.

Wake-up slap, if it should be used at all, is for technician sets, who are better off running Ankle Sweep or just sticking to mach punch. Techniloom also doesn't have as many opportunities to spore as poison heal as it's so busy revenge killing.

Isn't it amazing how Breloom can be two completely different pokemon depending on ability?
Doesn't Force Palm benefit from Technician, too? It can also paralyze opponents.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Got a little confused on the ability. But yes, now I understand.

Breloom really needs to see more use, imo. Its Leech Seed set absolutely dismantles alot of teams right now if you Pursuit the Latios (which is easy to do with Tyranitar or bulky CB Scizor). Common Ferrothorn+Jellicent cores get absolutely demolished by it.

heres an interesting Gen V set ive been running very well

FakeSubPunch

Named becuase of its abilty to appear as a SubPunch Breloom this set is useful if your playing a highly tactical match

Breloom
Adamant/Jolly
Poison Heal
@Toxic Orb
Spore
Seed Bomb/Substitute
Leech Seed
Drain Punch

Spore is the regular move all Brelooms should have if to be taken seriously in OU. Leech Seed is to boost the recovery from Poison Heal and add some extra HP drain to the target. if your trying to appear more as a SubPuncher go foe Substitute but Seed Bomb works for coverage. Drain Punch is the big difference. Most players will expect SubPunch on a Breloom and will predict and counter for this Drain Punch is not an expected move on a Breloom. This works better with Substitute but Seed Bomb wont completely give the game away that your not a SubPuncher. Not Brelooms best set but its something different and can run very well in OU and if partnered with Darkrai does stand a slight chance in Ubers if used correctly.

Here's my favorite breloom set. I know Technician hasn't been released but I still really like this set for DW and for when it is released.

Name: Fiddy's Breloom
Breloom @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 124 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Spore
-Substitute
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed

The first question you might ask is why not just toxic heal breloom? Well techniloom has a few things to its advantage. First, mach punch might not hit as hard as focus punch but it doesn't need the sub or switch to work. Second, bullet seed is almost always more powerful than seed bomb. So this set is more of a wall breaker. Sub up on pokemon that will switch/use WoW/use toxic/not do much damage/etc. then you can pretty much 2HKO or 3HKO anything on the planet. 108 HP EVs gives it a perfect sub/leftovers number. 252 atk adamant can KO or 2HKO almost anything that doesnt resist. It can KO 4/0/0 excadrill with mach punch half of the time, which jolly cannot do at all. It can also 2HKO most ferrothorns, jolly can only 3HKO. 124 speed evs gives it just enough speed to outrun bold suicune. The rest goes into defense because things like ferrothorn are easy for this to set sub up. It doesn't need swords dance to sweep teams. The only thing it needs to sweep or score a few kills is an opportunity to use atleast two turns to attack which substitute grants. Again, this is mostly here to be a wall breaker and revenge killer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)