Boosting NU to UU/OU in One Step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is my second suggestion here and it's related to the NFE tier.

First of all I don't like this tier, and I think it should be replaced for Baby Tier, but that's not my point. My point is a problem I've faced many times in NU battles...And it's all some NFE faults (Well, 2 of them), and they are:

~ Hipoppotas
~ Snover

Why do you ask? One simple reason. Their abilities:

Hipoppotas ~ Sand Stream Summons permanent sandstorm. Decreases wild encounter rate when in a sandstorm.
Snover ~ Snow Warning Summons permanent hail.And why is this a problem? Well, let's see some NU pokes in action under this weathers.

Sandstorm

• Rock-type Pokémon's Special Defense is boosted by 50%
  • All non-Rock-, Steel-, and Ground-type Pokémon and Pokémon without the ability Magic Guard or Sand Veil take 1/16 damage at the end of every turn.
  • The evasion of a Pokémon with the Sand Veil ability is increased by 20% when a sandstorm is in effect.
  • SolarBeam's base power is reduced from 120 to 60.
  • Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun only recover 25% of the user's HP, as opposed to 50%.
  • Weather Ball's base power is doubled to 100, and becomes a Rock-type move.
~The Shuckle Problem
This poke has the highest Def and SDef from the game. Under a sandstorm, it will increase by 50%, making this poke extremely hard to kill with NU tier pokes (Just for the record, Glaceon's Blizzard takes away 35~45% WITHOUT Sandstorm...Yeah, and it's super effective).
~The Sand Veil Problem
Cacturne and Sandslash will have their evasiness increased by 20%. Do you really wanna risk missing a Cacturn and giving him a free Swords Dance, to go for a late game sweep with Sucker Punch?
~ The Cradily Problem
Cradily has the ability to stay on the field no matter what you do thanks to his Suction Cups ability. With his Rock type, he get's a 50% boost on his already big (107 base) SDef. If he starts stockpilling, you can cry to heavens, because you won't be killing it so soon.

Well, the sandstorm is the least from the weather problem, let's go for the

Hail

Well, we've got to start somewhere. There are two primary advantages to a hail team. First is the sandstorm-like residual damage effect. Like sandstorm, hail takes away 6.25% of both Pokémon's health each turn. This means that if the opponent's Pokémon is not an Ice-type, it takes only 16 to 17 turns for them to die due to hail and hail alone. From this fact comes the first primary strategy of hail teams: stalling. It should be noted that while Leftovers cancels out hail in the long run, it is applied after hail damage, meaning that even if the opponent carries it, you essentially only have to deal 93.75% damage to them to KO.
The second advantage is a 100% accurate Blizzard with a small chance (30%) to hit through Protect. Blizzard is a flexible attack with no immunities and few 4x resists. Over the standard Ice Beam, you will be doing about 26% extra damage. The disadvantage of Blizzard is, of course, its inaccuracy if and when hail goes away and the little PP it has. Beware of Pressure Pokémon.
Hail can be started in two different ways: by the attack 'Hail', or by Abomasnow's 'Snow Warning' ability. The difference is that Abomasnow's hail lasts nearly forever - the only way to stop it is to bring in another weather effect. Therefore it is required to carry Abomasnow in a hail team.
Finally: hail immunities are nice, but it is not necessary to get pure hail immunity. Ice is not a good defensive type, resistant only to one type and weak to four. To get a decent amount of resistances on a team, it is necessary to shed the idea that you must have a mono-Ice team. The most successful hail teams have a mixed balance of types that effectively cover each other's weaknesses well.

~ The Blizzard Problem
Blizzard is a extremely powerful move and it doesn't miss under hail. Some heavy hitters like Glaceon and Jynx learn it and with the stab and a choice scarf, can wreak havok in a team without a sweet Regice.
~ The Walrein Problem
His ability turns him in a mountain of fat that doesn't want to die. He recovers his HP in hail and with a leftovers included, he can be a pain to stall.

There are probably a lot of problems that I could mention, but I think I've made my point. Sandstorm/Hail are broken in a NU metagame, therefore, Hipoppotas and Snover should be BANNED from it.

Also, NFE at this time is not a real tier. It's just a list of Pokemon that are, well, not fully evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)