Blaziken (Analysis)

Blaziken functions best with Stealth Rock support; this lets him use Wide Lens and still get the OHKOs and 2HKOs he normally does, while simultaneously making Blaziken's valuable wallbreaking tools have a better chance of hitting. In particular, if Hi Jump Kick misses, Blaziken will be 2HKO'd; one hit from recoil and another hit from a foe's attack. But with Wide Lens, there is only a 1% chance of that happening, instead of a 10% chance. The lack of this in combination with the lack of Life Orb recoil mean that Blaziken will last longer. The foes that resist Stealth Rock are already weak to Blaziken's attacks, except for Alakazam and Ranculus, who are still hit neutrally against Fire Blast. Spikes helps too.
Blaziken @ Wide Lens (252 EVs, +Nature, +2) Hi Jump Kick vs Swampert @ Leftovers (240/216 EVs, +Nature): 87 - 102.7% (349 - 412 HP) 48% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock cause it can miss
Blaziken @ Life Orb (252 EVs, +Nature, +2) Hi Jump Kick vs Swampert @ Leftovers (240/216 EVs, +Nature): 113.2 - 133.4% (454 - 535 HP) 90% chance to OHKO without hazards cause it can miss

If a 90% chance to OHKO it is so unreliable according to you, would you really want a 48% chance to OHKO?

is that so? factoring in accuracy:

Blaziken @ Life Orb (252 EVs, +Nature) Stone Edge vs Salamence @ Life Orb (0/4 EVs, Neutral Nature): 106.3 - 125.6% (352 - 416 HP) 80% chance to OHKO
Blaziken @ Wide Lens (252 EVs, +Nature) Stone Edge vs Salamence @ Life Orb (0/4 EVs, Neutral Nature): 82.1 - 96.6% (272 - 320 HP) 0% chance to OHKO
Blaziken @ Life Orb (252 EVs, +Nature) Stone Edge vs Gyarados @ Life Orb (0/4 EVs, Neutral Nature): 107.5 - 126.8% (356 - 420 HP) 80% chance to OHKO
Blaziken @ Wide Lens (252 EVs, +Nature) Stone Edge vs Gyarados @ Life Orb (0/4 EVs, Neutral Nature): 82.7 - 97.8% (274 - 324 HP) 0% chance to OHKO

And don't tell my Stealth Rock, any good player using anything weak to Rock anyway will keep Stealth Rock off the field.

Plus, this made me laugh.
Blaziken (0 EVs, Neutral Nature) Fire Blast vs Metagross @ Lum Berry (252/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 84 - 99.4% (306 - 362 HP) 0% chance to OHKO
Blaziken @ Life Orb (0 EVs, Neutral Nature) Fire Blast vs Metagross @ Lum Berry(252/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 109.3 - 129.1% (398 - 470 HP) 85% chance to OHKO

Yeah seriously, don't use Wide Lens. I don't even think it deserves a mention.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
who cares about jolteon and Aerodactyl when you can do this:

91.8% - 108.5%

to max/max hp/def impish gliscor with an adamant LO +2 Flare Blitz

Why is Wide Lens the item choice on the SD set? FB is 100% accurate, HJK is 90%, that's still pretty good. Life Orb is a lot better than Wide Lens on that set. Unless I missed something the nature should be Adamant/Jolly with Life Orb as the item on the SD set.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm guessing that LO was scrapped from a slash because of my post. I just want to say that I never intended for LO to not be slashed (it should be the main slash thanks to the extra power input). I only wanted to say that Claw Sharpen shouldn't be slashed, because it's inferior to SD + Wide Lens. The item slashes should be Life Orb / Wide Lens. Wide Lens may not even be worthy of a slash, and it could just suffice in AC.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Specifically note somewhere that Speed Boost is illegal with ThunderPunch and Baton Pass. Also for the love of god no Wide Lens. Life Orb is absolutely necessary for the kills.

Suggested changes made. The analysis is hopefully ready for a second QC stamp now, since after this gets QC approved I can correct some spacing errors and grammatical mistakes which I see before I open it for GP checks.

I know this is kinda old here already and it even got one approval already but I miss the mentioning of Cheer Up at least for MixKen set. Most likely your opponent will switch out immediately when seeing Blaziken which gives you a turn to set up. I didn't made damage calcs but I'm pretty sure it should work fine.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Slash Protect with Stone Edge on the MixKen set. I've never needed Stone Edge while using Hidden Power Ice, which hits most of the Pokemon (Flying-types) you would be hitting with SE, anyway, save for the occasional Gyarados, who takes a respectable amount from Fire Blast, anyway. Assuming you do this:

QC Approved 2/2

Change made, Eo. Thanks for the QC check.

Regarding Cheer Up, I will give it an OC mention.

I will open this for GP checks in a short while. My sig should make it clear.

Would Quick Attack be any good for the Swords Dance set?

I know it's lightning fast after a speed boost or two, but maybe QA would have utility to pick off choice scarfers and priority users, plus it would help the first turn out.

Stone Edge (or even Shadow Claw) is probably the better option, but I just thought I'd ask.

Overheat isn't legal to have with a dream-world blaziken huh? and vacuum wave too... thats too bad
Overheat is legal as it is still a TM, but does not net notable KOs that Fire Blast wouldn't. Vacuum Wave is largely redundant with Speed Boost regardless.

Would Quick Attack be any good for the Swords Dance set?

I know it's lightning fast after a speed boost or two, but maybe QA would have utility to pick off choice scarfers and priority users, plus it would help the first turn out.

Stone Edge (or even Shadow Claw) is probably the better option, but I just thought I'd ask.
Like Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack is largely redundant with Speed Boost and Blaziken needs the third moveslot for coverage as is, so no.

I think Shadow Claw deserves more mention or a slash on the mixed set because unlike SD Blaziken cant just kick Lati@s into oblivion, it needs Shadow Claw to get past them and its much more reliable against Jellicent.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Given that this has its QC checks, here is a quick GP check. It won't count but it should help the actual guys.

Here forevermore
Here fornevermore
Simple Grammar/Spelling changes

Blaziken

QC Approved: [2/2] panamaxis, Eo Ut Mortus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OVERVIEW]
<p>With its excellent 120 / 110 mixed offensive stats, and a good movepool, Blaziken has always had the potential to wreck opposing teams. However, its poor base 80 Speed relegated him to the UU tier last generation. This generation, Blaziken has hit the jackpot, in the form of one of the best abilities in the game-Speed Boost. With access to Swords Dance, Claw Sharpen and a good movepool, Blaziken is now rightly regarded as one of the most fearsome sweepers in the metagame.</p>

<p>Fast Choice Scarf users and priority moves will however be Blaziken's biggest checks. Even after one Speed Boost, Blaziken will sit at a maximum of 426 Speed, outsped by Choice Scarf users with a base Speed of 100 or more. Blaziken is also vulnerable to priority from the likes of Roobushin, since with its poor 80 / 70 / 70 defenses and Life Orb recoil, it is not going to be living through priority attacks for long. Still, underestimate Blaziken at your own peril; if given the chance to set up, it can tear entire teams apart.</p>

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Hi Jump Kick / Sky Uppercut
move 3: Flare Blitz / Blaze Kick
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Life Orb
ability: Speed Boost
nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With its Fire / Fighting typing, Blaziken can easily come in on walls like Blissey and Nattorei and force a switch; giving it the oppurtunity to set up Swords Dance. After that, Blaziken can proceed to wreck the opposition's team with its dual STABs and Stone Edge, which net Blaziken excellent neutral coverage.</p>

<p>Blaze Kick can be considered over Flare Blitz, since the recoil damage from Flare Blitz and Life Orb will cause accelerate Blaziken's early demise. However, Flare Blitz has a good chance of OHKOing Gliscor after a Swords Dance boost and with an Adamant nature. Hi Jump Kick is a high risk, high return move, since Blaziken will lose half its health if the attack is rendered ineffective or misses. For this reason, Sky Uppercut might be is a safer move option. Life Orb is the preferred item choice, since it helps Blaziken net some crucial OHKOs on Pokemon such as Gyarados.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Wide Lens can be used instead of Life Orb for increased accuracy, but this comes at the cost of some crucial OHKOs. 252 EVs are invested in Attack to maximise the power of Blaziken's physical attacks. An Adamant nature and a Life Orb are required to OHKO Gliscor with Flare Blitz after a Swords Dance boost. However, a Jolly nature helps you outspeed Lucario(with a neutral nature and maximum Speed) before a Speed Boost, and Pokemon with a base Speed of 130 such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl after one.</p>

<p>Rock Slide can be used for slightly higher accuracy, but you will miss out on the OHKO on Physically Defensive Burungeru after a Swords Dance. Thus, Claw Sharpen can be used instead of Swords Dance to increase the accuracy of Blaziken's moves along with its Attack stat, although the stat increase is lesser smaller.</p>

<p>Blaziken finds it difficult to deal with Bulky Waters such as Burungeru, Slowbro and Unaware Quagsire, particularly the latter. As such, having a teammate to deal with these Pokemon and thus make it easier for Blaziken to sweep is advisable. A Mixed Stall Breaker such as Sazandora is an excellent sweeping partner for Blaziken, as it can eliminate the aforementioned Pokemon which Blaziken has trouble dealing with.</p>

[SET]
name: MixKen
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Hi Jump Kick
move 3: Hidden Power Electric / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Stone Edge / Protect
nature: Rash / Naive
EV's: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With its excellent mixed offensive stats, Blaziken can be an effective mixed stallbreaker. Fire Blast and Hi Jump Kick are Blaziken's dual STAB moves, having great neutral coverage between themselves. Both Hidden Power Ice and Hidden power Electric are good options for the 3rd moveslot. Hidden Power Ice hits Garchomp, Salamence and Gliscor hard, OHKOing all of them, while Hidden Power Electric damages Slowbro, who can easily sponge Blaziken's physical moves with its huge base Defense.</p>

<p>Stone Edge is required to 2HKO Burungeru, who can otherwise wall this set. However, if Burungeru can be dealt with easily by Blaziken's teammates, Protect can be used instead to scout a move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Since Blaziken is meant to be a mixed wallbreaker, its EVs are split between Attack and its Special Attack. 196 Speed EVs are required to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar with 252 Speed EVs. 252 EVs are put in Special Attack to maximise the power of Fire Blast and either Hidden Power. The remaining EVs are put in Attack.</p>

<p>A Naive Nature can be used to outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl after a Speed Boost. However, since these Pokemon are uncommon in the current metagame, running a Rash nature for the Special Attack boost would be the better choice.</p>

<p>In general, Blaziken has problems dealing with bulky waters, especially Burungeru. Burungeru never gets OHKOed by any of Blaziken's unboosted attacks, can heal off damage taken with recover, and OHKO Blaziken with STAB Surf. A priority Taunt user such as Borutorosu can aid Blaziken by shutting down Burungeru.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Protect and Swords Dance / Claw Sharpen can be run on the same set, but then you will have space only for Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz. However, this will possibly give it the chance to get boosts in both Attack and Speed, making it much easier for Blaziken to achieve a sweep.</p>

<p>Fire Punch is a viable alternative over Flare Blitz, in case you do not like the accuracy of Blaze Kick or the recoil damage of Flare Blitz. However, Blaziken wil lose a lot of power in return for slightly higher accuracy.</p>

<p>Blaziken also access to ThunderPunch and Baton Pass, but unfortunately they are illegal with Speed Boost. A mixed set with Cheer Up is also viable, but Blaziken is better off as a mixed stall breaker than a mixed boosting sweeper.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Wish support will give Blaziken a second chance to set up and sweep in case it lost a lot of health to recoil damage on its first attempt. Blissey and Vaporeon are both great candidates for this role. Vaporeon also has a immunity to the Water-type attacks to which Blaziken is weak to.</p>

<p>Having entry hazards on the field is crucial to Blaziken's success, helping it achieve many important OHKOs and 2HKOs. Deoxys-S, Nattorei and Skarmory are all good options for laying entry hazards.</p>

[Counters]
<p>In general, Blaziken has trouble with Bulky Waters. Slowbro with its huge base Defense can comfortably take any of Blaziken's attacks barring Hidden Power Electric, and OHKO with STAB Surf. Unaware Quagsire can also deal with Blaziken well, since it negates Blaziken's Attack boosts and also takes all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks well. Burungeru deserves a mention, as with a 252 HP / 252 Def EV spread it can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks barring Shadow Claw, and OHKO with Surf. However, Stone Edge after a Swords Dance boost will OHKO Burungeru.</p>

<p>Choice Band Azumarill is a great check to Blaziken, as a STAB, super effective Aqua Jet will bypass all Speed Boosts which Blaziken might have obtained, and OHKO it. However, it will get OHKOed if it switches in on Hi Jump Kick from an Adamant Blaziken. Bulk Up Roobushin can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks at full health, and OHKO with Drain Punch followed by Mach Punch.</p>

Proofread
Spelling corrections
Remove
Additions

[Overview]
(Space)
<p>With its excellent 120 / 110 mixed offensive stats coupled with a good movepool, Blaziken has always had the potential to wreck opposing teams. However, its poor base 80 Speed relegated him to the UU tier last generation. This generation. Blaziken has hit the jackpot, in the form of one of the best abilities in the game; Speed Boost. With access to Swords Dance, Claw Sharpen and a good movepool, Blaziken is now rightly regarded as one of the most fearsome sweepers in the metagame. Despite being vulnerable to priority attacks due to its lackluster defenses, underestimating Blaziken will surely bring your team to an end; if given the chance to set up, it can tear entire teams apart.</p>

<p>Fast Choice Scarf users and priority moves will however be Blaziken's biggest checks. Even after one Speed Boost, Blaziken will sit at a maximum of 426 Speed, outsped by Choice Scarf users with a base Speed of 100 or more. Blaziken is also vulnerable to priority from the likes of Roobushin, since with its poor 80 / 70 / 70 defenses and Life Orb recoil, it is not going to be living for long. Still, underestimate Blaziken at your own peril; if given the chance to set up, it can tear entire teams apart.</p> (You should not be talking about Blaziken's counters, that is what the Counters section is for.)

[SET]
ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
(Space)
<p>With its Fire / Fighting typing, Blaziken can easily come in on walls like Blissey and Nattorei and force a switch; giving it the oppurtunity to set up Swords Dance. After that, Blaziken can proceed to wreck the opposition's team with its dual STAB attacks and Stone Edge which net Blaziken excellent neutral coverage.</p>

<p>Blaze Kick can be considered over Flare Blitz, since the recoil damage from Flare Blitz and Life Orb will cause Blaziken's early demise. However, Flare Blitz has a good chance of OHKOing Gliscor after a Swords Dance boost provided Blaziken is Adamant natured. Hi Jump Kick is a high risk, high return move, since Blaziken will lose half its health if the attack is rendered ineffective. For this reason, Sky Uppercut might be a safer move option. Life Orb is the preferred item choice, since it helps Blaziken net some crucial OHKOs on Pokemon such as Gyarados.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
(Space)
<p>Wide Lens can be used instead of Life Orb for increased accuracy, but this comes at the cost of some crucial OHKOs. The EV spread is fairly straightforward. Maximizing Blaziken's Attack and Speed is crucial for it to function as an effective sweeper while the remaining 4 EVs are invested into his HP. 252 EVs are invested in Attack to maximise the power of Blaziken's physical attacks An Adamant nature and a Life Orb are required to OHKO Gliscor with Flare Blitz after a Swords Dance boost. However, a Jolly nature helps you outspeed Lucario(with a neutral nature and maximum Speed) before a Speed Boost, and Pokemon with a base Speed of 130 such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl after one.</p>

<p>Rock Slide can be used for slightly higher accuracy, but you will miss out on the OHKO on Physically Defensive Burungeru after a Swords Dance. Thus, Claw Sharpen can be used instead of Swords Dance to increase the accuracy of Blaziken's moves along with its Attack stat, although the stat increase is lesser.</p>

<p>Blaziken finds it difficult to deal with Bulky Waters such as Burungeru, Slowbro and Unaware Quagsire, particularly the latter. As such, having a teammate to deal with these Pokemon and thus make it easier for Blaziken to sweep is advisable. A Mixed Stall Breaker such as Sazandora is an excellent sweeping partner for Blaziken, as it can eliminate the aforementioned Pokemon which Blaziken has trouble dealing with.</p>

[SET]
ev's: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
(Space)
<p>With its excellent mixed offensive stats, Blaziken can be an effective mixed wallbreaker. Fire Blast and Hi Jump Kick are Blaziken's dual STAB moves, having great neutral remarkable coverage between themselves. Both Hidden Power Ice and Hidden power Electric are good options for the 3rd moveslot. Hidden Power Ice hits Garchomp, Salamence and Gliscor hard, OHKOing all of them, while Hidden Power Electric damages Slowbro who can easily sponge Blaziken's physical moves with its huge base Defense.</p>

<p>Stone Edge is required to 2HKO Burungeru, who can otherwise wall this set. However, if Burungeru can be dealt with easily by Blaziken's teammates, Protect can be used instead to scout a move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
(Space)
<p>Since Blaziken is meant to be a mixed wallbreaker, its EVs are split between its Attack and its Special Attack. 196 Speed EVs are required to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar with 252 Speed EVs. 252 EVs are put in Special Attack to maximise the power of Fire Blast and either Hidden Power. The remaining EVs are put in Attack.</p>

<p>A Naive nature can be used to outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl after a Speed Boost. However, since these Pokemon are uncommon in the current metagame, running a Rash nature for the Special Attack boost would be the better choice.</p>

<p>In general, Blaziken has problems dealing with bulky waters, especially Burungeru. Burungeru never gets isn't OHKOd by any of Blaziken's unboosted attacks, can heal off damag taken with recover, and OHKO Blaziken with STAB Surf. A priority Taunt user such as Borutorosu can aid Blaziken by shutting down Burungeru.</p>

[Optional Changes]
(Space)
<p>Protect and Swords Dance / Claw Sharpen can be run on the same set, but then you will have space only for Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz. However, this will possibly give it the chance to get boosts in both Attack and Speed, making it much easier for Blaziken to achieve a sweep.</p>

<p>Fire Punch is a viable alternative over Flare Blitz, in case you do not like the accuracy of Blaze Kick or the recoil damage of Flare Blitz. However, Blaziken wil lose a lot of power in return for slightly higher accuracy.</p>

<p>Blaziken also access to ThunderPunch and Baton Pass, but unfortunately they are illegal with Speed Boost. A mixed set with Cheer Up is also viable, but Blaziken is better off as a mixed stall breaker than a mixed boosting sweeper.</p>

[Team Options]
(Space)
<p>Wish support is welcomed as Blaziken lacks any reliable recovery move, not to mention it is quite fragile. Blissey and Vaporeon are both great candidates for this role. Vaporeon also has a immunity to the Water-type attacks which Blaziken is weak to.</p>

<p>Having entry hazards on the field is crucial to Blaziken's success, helping it achieve many important OHKOs and 2HKOs. Deoxys-S, Nattorei and Skarmory are all good options for laying entry hazards.(Maybe add a few more lines regarding what sort of entry hazards the aforementioned Pokemon can lay down and if they have any synergy with Blaziken.)</p>

[Counters]
(Space)
<p>In general, Blaziken has trouble with Bulky Waters (Try to avoid repeating yourself, you've already said this sentence a good number of times now.) Bulky Water-types are the bane of Blaziken as the majority of them are not taken out even after a Swords Dance boost. Slowbro with its huge base Defense can comfortably take any of Blaziken's attacks barring Hidden Power Electric, and OHKO with STAB Surf. Unaware Quagsire can also deal with Blaziken well, since it negates Blaziken's Attack boosts and also takes all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks well. Burungeru deserves a mention, as with a 252 HP / 252 Def EV spread it can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks barring Shadow Claw, and OHKO with Surf. However, Stone Edge after a Swords Dance boost will OHKO Burungeru.</p>

<p>Choice Band Azumarill is a great check to Blaziken, as a STAB, super effective Aqua Jet will bypass all Speed Boosts which Blaziken might have obtained, and OHKO it. However, it will get OHKOd if it switches in on Hi Jump Kick from Adamant Blaziken. Bulk Up Roobushin can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks at full health, and OHKO with Drain Punch followed by Mach Punch.</p>

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to include the appropriate changes from the above checkers.

[OVERVIEW]
<p>With its excellent 120 / 110 mixed offensive stats, and a good movepool, Blaziken has always had the potential to wreck opposing teams. However, its poor base 80 Speed relegated him to the UU tier last generation. This generation, however, Blaziken has hit the jackpot, in the form of one of the best abilities in the game: Speed Boost. With access to Swords Dance, Claw Sharpen and a good movepool including Swords Dance and Claw Sharpen (Is it "Hone Claws" now? Also it's a pretty terrible move so maybe you should leave it out), Blaziken is now rightly regarded as one of the most fearsome sweepers in the metagame.</p>

<p>Fast Choice Scarf users and priority moves will however be Blaziken's biggest checks. Even after one Speed Boost, Blaziken will sit at a maximum of 426 Speed, outsped by Choice Scarf users with a base Speed of 100 or more (is it not 81 or more?). Blaziken is also vulnerable to priority from the likes of Roobushin, since with its poor 80 / 70 / 70 defenses and Life Orb recoil, it is not going to be living for long. Still, underestimate Blaziken at your own peril; if given the chance to set up, it can tear entire teams apart.</p> (Unlike Somalia I see no issue with mentioning counters. However remember that the overview should be more light and entertaining)

[SET]
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With its Fire / Fighting typing, Blaziken can easily come in on walls like Blissey and Nattorei and force a switch, (comma) giving it the opportunity to set up Swords Dance. After that, Blaziken can proceed to wreck the opposition's team with its dual STABs and Stone Edge which net Blaziken excellent neutral coverage.</p>

<p>Blaze Kick can be considered over Flare Blitz, since the recoil damage from Flare Blitz and Life Orb will cause Blaziken's early demise. However, Flare Blitz has a good chance of OHKOing Gliscor after a Swords Dance boost and assuming an Adamant nature. Hi Jump Kick is a high-risk, high-return move, since Blaziken will lose half its health if the attack is rendered ineffective. For this reason, Sky Uppercut might be a safer move option. Life Orb is the preferred item choice, since it helps Blaziken net some crucial OHKOs on Pokemon such as Gyarados.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Wide Lens can be used instead of Life Orb for increased accuracy, but this comes at the cost of some crucial OHKOs. 252 EVs are invested in Attack to maximise the power of Blaziken's physical attacks. An Adamant nature and a Life Orb are required to OHKO Gliscor with Flare Blitz after a Swords Dance boost (say this once only). However, a Jolly nature helps you outrun Lucario (add space) (with a neutral nature and maximum Speed) before a Speed Boost, and afterwards base 130 Pokemon with a base Speed of 130 such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl after one.</p>

<p>Rock Slide can be used for slightly higher accuracy, but you will miss out on the OHKO on Physically Defensive Burungeru after a Swords Dance. Thus, Claw Sharpen can be used instead of Swords Dance to increase the accuracy of Blaziken's moves along with its Attack stat, although the stat increase is lesser (this doesn't follow from the previous sentence at all).</p>

<p>Blaziken finds it difficult to deal with Bulky Waters such as Burungeru, Slowbro and Unaware Quagsire, particularly the latter. As such, it is advisable to have having a teammate to deal with these Pokemon and thus make it easier for Blaziken to sweep is advisable. A Mixed Stall Breaker such as Sazandora is an excellent sweeping partner for Blaziken,as it can eliminate the aforementioned Pokemonwhich Blaziken has trouble dealing with.</p>

[SET]
EV's: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With its excellent mixed offensive stats, Blaziken can be an effective mixed stallbreaker. Fire Blast and Hi Jump Kick are Blaziken's dual STAB moves, having great neutral coverage between themselves. Both Hidden Power Ice and Hidden power Electric are good options for the 3rd moveslot. Hidden Power Ice hits Garchomp, Salamence and Gliscor hard, OHKOing all of them, while Hidden Power Electric damages Slowbro, who can easily sponge Blaziken's physical moves with its huge base Defense.</p>

<p>Stone Edge is required to 2HKO Burungeru, who can otherwise wall this set. However, if Burungeru can be dealt with easily by Blaziken's teammates, Protect can be used instead to scout a the opponent's move and obtain a Speed boost.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Since Blaziken is meant to be a mixed wallbreaker, its EVs are split between Attack and its Special Attack. 196 Speed EVs are required to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar with 252 Speed EVs. 252 EVs are put in Special Attack to maximise the power of Fire Blast and either Hidden Power. The remaining EVs are put in Attack.</p>

<p>A Naive nature can be used to outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl after a Speed boost. However, since these Pokemon are uncommon in the current metagame, running a Rash nature for the Special Attack boost would be the better choice.</p>

<p>In general, Blaziken has problems dealing with bulky waters, especially Burungeru. Burungeru is never gets OHKOed by any of Blaziken's unboosted attacks, can heal off damage taken with recover, and OHKO Blaziken with STAB Surf. A priority Taunt user such as Borutorosu can aid Blaziken by shutting down Burungeru.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Fire Punch is a viable alternative over Flare Blitz, in case you do not like the accuracy of Blaze Kick or the recoil damage of Flare Blitz. However, Blaziken will lose a lot of power in return for slightly higher accuracy.</p>

<p>Blaziken also has access to ThunderPunch and Baton Pass, but unfortunately they are illegal with Speed Boost. A mixed set with Cheer Up is also viable, but Blaziken is better off as a mixed stall breaker than a mixed boosting sweeper.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Wish support will give Blaziken a second chance to set up and sweep in case it lost a lot of health to recoil damage on its first attempt. Blissey and Vaporeon are both great candidates for this role. Vaporeon also has a immunity to the Water-type attacks which Blaziken is weak to.</p>

<p>Having entry hazards on the field is crucial to Blaziken's success, helping it achieve many important OHKOs and 2HKOs. Deoxys-S, Nattorei and Skarmory are all good options for laying entry hazards.</p>

[Counters]
<p>In general, Blaziken has trouble with Bulky Waters. Slowbro with its huge base Defense can comfortably take any of Blaziken's attacks barring Hidden Power Electric, and OHKO with STAB Surf. Unaware Quagsire can also deal with Blaziken well, since it negates Blaziken's Attack boosts and also takes all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks well. Burungeru deserves a mention, as with a 252 HP / 252 Def EV spread it can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks barring Shadow Claw, and OHKO with Surf. However, Stone Edge after a Swords Dance boost will OHKO Burungeru.</p>

<p>Choice Band Azumarill is a great check to Blaziken, as a STAB, super effective Aqua Jet will bypass all Speed Boosts which Blaziken might have obtained, and OHKO it. However, Azumarill will be OHKOed if it switches in on Hi Jump Kick from Adamant Blaziken. Bulk Up Roobushin can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks at full health, and OHKO with Drain Punch followed by Mach Punch.</p>

GP check 1/2

@jc104 There has to be a space between each section heading and the first paragraph. Also EV's in the moveset is meant to be evs. Furthermore, 'OVERVIEW' should not be in caps, hence 'Overview'

Please take the time to implement all the changes, you have missed out alot that jc104 has suggested you change. Also for the optional changes paragraph, merge all 3 2 sentence 'paragraphs' into one.

Another unofficial GP check. (edit: lol just saw three more on this page after I finished this)

Blaziken

QC Approved: [2/2] panamaxis, Eo Ut Mortus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Overview]
<p>With excellent 120 / 110 mixed offensive stats and a good movepool, Blaziken has always had the potential to wreck opposing teams. Holding him back has always been his poor base 80 Speed, relegating him to the UU tier last generation. This generation Blaziken has hit the jackpot in the form of one of the best abilities in the game, Speed Boost. With a good movepool including Swords Dance and powerful STAB attacks in Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, Blaziken is now rightly regarded as one of the most fearsome sweepers in the metagame.</p>

<p>Fast Choice Scarf users and priority moves will be Blaziken's biggest checks. Even after one Speed Boost, Blaziken sits at a maximum of 426 Speed and is outsped by Choice Scarf users with a base Speed of 81 or more. Blaziken is also vulnerable to priority attacks from the likes of Conkeldurr, as his poor 80 / 70 / 70 defenses and Life Orb recoil guarantee that he will not be living for too long. Still, underestimate Blaziken at your own peril; if given the chance to set up, he can tear entire teams apart.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With its Fire / Fighting typing, Blaziken can easily come in on walls like Blissey and Nattorei and force a switch, giving it the opportunity to set up Swords Dance. After that, Blaziken can proceed to wreck the opposition's team with its dual STABs and Stone Edge, netting Blaziken excellent neutral coverage.</p>

<p>Blaze Kick can be considered over Flare Blitz since the recoil damage from Flare Blitz and Life Orb will cause Blaziken's early demise. However, Flare Blitz has a good chance of OHKOing Gliscor after a Swords Dance boost assuming he's running an Adamant nature. Hi Jump Kick is a high-risk,
high-return move, since Blaziken will lose half his health if the attack is rendered ineffective. For this reason Sky Uppercut might be a safer option. Life Orb is the preferred item choice as it helps Blaziken net some crucial OHKOs on Pokemon such as Gyarados.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Wide Lens can be used instead of Life Orb for increased accuracy, but this comes at the cost of some crucial OHKOs. 252 EVs are invested in Attack to maximise the power of Blaziken's physical attacks. A Jolly nature helps you outrun Lucario (with a neutral nature and maximum Speed) before a Speed Boost, and afterwards base 130 Pokemon such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl.</p>

<p>Rock Slide can be used for slightly higher accuracy in lieu of an OHKO on Physically Defensive Burungeru after a Swords Dance.</p>

<p>Blaziken finds it difficult to deal with Bulky Waters such as Burungeru, Slowbro, and Unaware Quagsireparticularly the latter. As such, it is advisable to have a teammate to deal with these Pokemon[/COLOR]and, thus[color=
red"],[/color] make it easier for Blaziken to sweep. A mixed stallbreaker such as Sazandora is an excellent sweeping partner for Blaziken.</p>

[SET]
evs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With his excellent mixed offensive stats, Blaziken can be an effective mixed stallbreaker. Fire Blast and Hi Jump Kick are Blaziken's STAB moves and have great neutral coverage between them. Both Hidden Power Ice and Hidden power Electric are good options for the 3rd moveslot. Hidden Power Ice hits Garchomp, Salamence, and Gliscor hard, OHKOing all of them. Hidden Power Electric damages Slowbro who can easily sponge Blaziken's physical moves with its huge base Defense.</p>

<p>Stone Edge is required to 2HKO Burungeru, who can otherwise wall this set. However, If Burungeru can be dealt with easily by Blaziken's teammates, Protect can be used instead to scout the opponent's move and obtain a Speed boost.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Since Blaziken is meant to be a mixed wallbreaker, his EVs are split between Attack and Special Attack. 196 Speed EVs are required to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar with 252 Speed EVs. 252 EVs are put in Special Attack to maximise the power of Fire Blast and Hidden Power. The remaining EVs are put in Attack.</p>

<p>A Naive nature can be used to outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl after a Speed boost. However, since these Pokemon are uncommon in the current metagame, running a Rash nature for the Special Attack boost would be the better choice.</p>

<p>In general, Blaziken has problems dealing with bulky watersespecially Burungeru. Burungeru is never OHKOed by any of Blaziken's unboosted attacks, can heal off damage taken with Recover, and can OHKO Blaziken with STAB Surf. A priority Taunt user such as Borutorosu can aid Blaziken by shutting down Burungeru.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Protect and Swords Dance / Claw Sharpen can be run on the same set, but then you will have space only for Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz. However, this gives him the chance to get boosts in both Attack and Speed, making it much easier for Blaziken to achieve a sweep.</p>

<p>Fire Punch is a viable alternative over Flare Blitz if you do not like the accuracy of Blaze Kick or the recoil damage of Flare Blitz. In doing so, Blaziken will lose a lot of power in return for slightly higher accuracy.</p>

<p>Blaziken also has access to ThunderPunch and Baton Pass which, unfortunately, are illegal with Speed Boost. A mixed set with Cheer Up is also viable, but Blaziken is better off as a mixed stall breaker than a mixed boosting sweeper.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Wish support will give Blaziken a second chance to set up and sweep in case he lost a lot of health to recoil damage on his first attempt. Blissey and Vaporeon are both great candidates for this role. Vaporeon also recovers HP from the Water-type attacks Blaziken is weak to.</p>

<p>Having entry hazards on the field is crucial to Blaziken's success as they help him achieve many important OHKOs and 2HKOs. Deoxys-S, Nattorei, and Skarmory are all good options for laying entry hazards.</p>

[Counters]
<p>In general, Blaziken has trouble with Bulky Waters. Slowbro, with its huge base Defense, can comfortably take any of Blaziken's attacks barring Hidden Power Electric and in return OHKOes Blaziken with STAB Surf. Unaware Quagsire can also deal with Blaziken well, negating Blaziken's Attack boosts as well as taking all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks with ease. Burungeru deserves a mention—with a 252 HP / 252 Def EV spread it can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks barring Shadow Claw and OHKOes him with Surf. However, Stone Edge after a Swords Dance boost will OHKO Burungeru.</p>

<p>Choice Band Azumarill is a great check to Blaziken. A STAB, super effective Aqua Jet will bypass all Speed Boosts which Blaziken might have obtained and OHKO him. However, Azumarill will be OHKOed if it switches in on Hi Jump Kick from an Adamant Blaziken. Bulk Up Roobushin can take all of Blaziken's unboosted attacks at full health and then OHKO him with a Drain Punch followed by a Mach Punch.</p>
I took out a few "However,"s as they got severely repetitive and added in their places more vibrant language without overpowering the article itself. Otherwise, I just cleaned up grammar and made the language used in the analysis flow better. For instance, I changed the pronouns throughout (in reference to Blaziken) to "he/his/him" to help the reader more easily distinguish between separate points of discussion.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
That looks to be another very decent GP check, guddagudda.

So, conditionally upon this

Burungeru is never OHKOed by any of Blaziken's unboosted attacks

GP check 2/2.

All of you who are grammar checking remember that we have rolling applications to the GP team, so you can potentially make all of your changes official if you keep the work up.

edit - it really doesn't matter. I actually quite liked your overview.

Thanks for the Gp, guddagudda and jc104.

The only thing I wish to clarify is the overview. Apparently, jc104 has no problem with my somewhat large overview, but guddagudda has suggested the implementation of several changes within the overview which jc104 has stamped this time around. This contradicts jc104's earlier GP check. What am I supposed to follow now?

Thanks for the Gp, guddagudda and jc104.

The only thing I wish to clarify is the overview. Apparently, jc104 has no problem with my somewhat large overview, but guddagudda has suggested the implementation of several changes within the overview which jc104 has stamped this time around. This contradicts jc104's earlier GP check. What am I supposed to follow now?
just to clarify, for this check if I put all changes I made in red. I didn't highlight removals or additions but rather combined the two into my changes.

all I really did was rephrase your thoughts and fix some grammatical errors to make the article flow more smoothly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)