Black Mesa: Source

A few years back, i remember stumbling across this half life 2 mod in the very early stages of development, and while I couldn't believe it, it was a long, long way from completion.

Today, however, i stumbled across this trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oGlhgVz5r6E
and almost pissed myself.
It's bascially a remake of half-life 1 (thats the WHOLE game) using the source engine and half life 2 physics and graphics style.
this looks absolutely unbelievable, i cant wait for it to be released sometime in 2009!
This thread is namely so more people can discover this. It's a huge undertaking and I'm sure you can tell from 300,000 youtube views in three days that this is gonna be amazing, plus there are plenty of half life nuts around here!
(in fact just the other day i was talking to thunderpup about half life 1 and to quote him "where da graphics at")
well, they're right here and holy fucking balls is it gonna be good

will bump this thread as the mod nears completion i think
edit: apparently this is set for mid 2009, maybe around july

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Like you, I too saw this yonks ago and didn't think much of it because it was so far off completion. But wow, if it's almost there than that's a massive acheivement for these guys, and I defenitly can't wait to play it :)

EDIT: It's gonna be weird killing Vorts that look just like the ones that help you in HL2.

I had just included the first Half-Life as number 1 in the top ten video games of all time thread and then I stumbled on this. Holy fuck, I think I did just piss myself!

That trailer reminded me of 007: Golden Eye especially that laboratory part.

Also: Wooooooooo MESA!!!!!!

that is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

I am going to have to get Half Life 2 for my computer just so I can play this.

Yeah, I saw this a while back because I was looking at some custom skins and I can't wait to get this even though I already paid 98 cents for the original Half-Life 1 on Steam due to the 10th Anniv of the game.

Yeah, Half-Life 2 has some great mods and was a large part of the reason I got it although the game itself is amazing...

Goldeneye: Source looks really cool too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)