Big Bad UberBorgs

EDIT: Wow, hit the wrong button there, and posted in the middle of posting. Please disregard, or just wait a few minutes. Sorry mods ^^;

Kinda in need of a better team name, but that's not the point. Really just started laddering about a month ago or so, but mostly been playing for kicks for a few years. I have more points in ubers than any other ladder (around 1500 or so) so I figured I'd put these guys through the ringer.

I've actually had this team for a really long time now, and as such, I really can't remember the team building process. I remember I had Blissey at one point, but decided I needed more "oomph" so the chicken was added. Anywho, LGI!

Team Preview:

And now the team and what they do. I never really intended for it to be one, but it's more or less a borderline hyper offensive team. Very little setup, and a lot of face punching.

Kamikaze

Frosslass@ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Ability: Cursed Body
*Taunt
*Spikes
*Destiny Bond
*Ice Beam​

Probably my favorite hazard setter ever. It's nigh impossible to stop her from getting at least one layer of spikes. However, depending on the threat, at lot of times it's better to just start firing Ice Beams and killing stuff. When the job is done, it's Dbonding time. Most of the time, I can take down whoever she's up against, bar certain Deoxys loadouts. I can at least put large holes in them though.

Also, before you ask, why use her over a Deoxys form? Two reasons. Cursed Body really comes in handy to cripple certain attacks that would otherwise be an annoyance. Secondly, Destiny Bond is really really good. There are those who are smart enough to play around it, and there are those who aren't...like 9/10 Lead Geomancy Xerneas. I can't believe how many Xerneases I've taken out right at the get go, which is just a huge relief overall has he can become troublesome later on. However, I AM open to good arguments about why a Deoxys form might be a better option.

Chuck Norris

Blaziken@Blazikenite
Adamant Nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Blaz-lol no, of course it's Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
*Protect
*Baton Pass
*Flare Blitz
*High Jump Kick​

The original Karate Commando back for another round of feet in your face. I used to think the ban from OU was ridiculous, since Talonflame and Azu wreck his junk. After using him extensively, I get it now, cause he wrecks everything else. Well almost everything. He needs several speed boosts to mow past Geo Xerneas, and he dies to anything smart enough to use Espeed on the revenge, but there's been surprisingly little of that. HJK is chosen for being consistent damage against everything as opposed to the weight dependency of Low Kick. The crazy thing, is for all my accuracy woes, I almost never miss HJK. Hydro Pump hits 2 out of ten times, Play Rough will hit for 4 out of ten time. Focus Blast will never miss if used against me, but yet I will always land HJK, and whatever it hits will die. Adamant nature cause more power and when things get hairy, I can always BP out of there to soemone like this guy...

Billy Lee

Zekrom@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Ability: Mold BreakerTerravolt
*Volt Switch
*Dragon Claw
*Bolt Strike
*Outrage
The BA dragon with the boss theme, it's Big Bad Zekrom kids! My go to Ho-Oh and Kyogre check (depending on the set), this dude hits like a semi. Thanks to Not-Mold-Breaker, Bolt Strike (when it feels like connecting) is usually a clean OHKO on both Ho-Oh and Lugia, and generally puts a large gaping hole in Kyogre. I pity the fairy that dares to set up in the middle of Bolt Strike spam cause they aint leavin in one piece. Dragon Claw is for all the Ground types out there when there are still steels and fairies afoot, and should you run out of those, well it's Outrage time! Pretty much everything that doesn't resist it dies, and some things that DO resist it die. He LOVES getting Speed Boosts from Blaziken cause it's like having band and scarf all in one.

Galvatron

Yveltal@Life Orb/Black Glasses (in case that pesky item clause happens)
Hasty Nature
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
*Substitute
*Sucker Punch
*Dark Pulse
*Oblivion Wing​

I only just came up with that name now. He normally goes by "Death Bacon". At any rate, meet Super Honchkrow. No really, he's like Honchkrow on steroids. Same type stabs, same priority, but instead of losing HP with his Fly stab, he gains it. Only thing he needs is pursuit and we're good to go. In the meantime, the things he hits, he hits them really hard, and he can keep himself healed up all the same. The dark type buff is really great cause steels get smashed with reckless abandon. The flying typing is also great for switching into predicted Earthquakes (of which there are many). He outspeeds enough things to get a sub up most of the time, and then the sucker punch mindgames begin. He's also a great switch-in to enemy Blazikens thanks to taking pittance from their fighting stabs. When it comes to the other birds, it's a great long war, but if he doesn't come out on top, he's put them swiftly into revenge range. Sucker Punch makes him a fantastic Revenger in his own right.

Super Sonic

Shaymin S@ Life Orb/Expert Belt (really hate Item clause)
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
*Earth Power
*Hidden Power Ice
*Seed Flare
*Air Slash​

The king of flinching in all his mighty glory! Nobody pisses people off more than Skymin. Because a second EQ switchin never hurts, and look at all that speed. Only Deoxys, and select scarfers are going first, and all the rest are hoping to get a move in edgewise. Life Orb because I want the power, but also freedom to switch moves as needed. With his coverage options, the general idea is bring something in range to where it can be finished off by the more accurate move. HP Ice for dragons and anything 4X weak to it, Earth Power for opposing fire and steels, and seed flare just to lower the defenses of something that'll eventually beat me. With prior spikes damage, it can KO any Kyogre variant that isn't scarf Ice Beaming. Most of the time, he's his own downfall thanks to LO recoil. However, he's usually my go to guy when I have to fodder something. Sometimes, I just need that priority :/

Your God Now

Arceus@Life Orb
EVs: 200 HP/252 Atk/56 Spe
Adamant Nature
Ability: Multitype
*Swords Dance
*Extreme Speed
*Shadow Claw
*Earthquake​

Standard hard hitting Ekiller, you know the drill. Ok, so it was a bulky variant instead. However, I just want to marvel at the sheer power of a +2 LO Extreme Speed. It tears through everything that doesn't resist it, and some things that do! Like, I get blow away by the number of things that die. EQ and Shadow Claw are standard coverage options, with crits on the latter actually tearing the Giratinas a new one. He usually doesn't come out til all's said and done, or if something really bad happens early on. Generally I've noticed that enemy Ekillers are faster than this one, but they don't hit as hard.

I haven't run into anything that threatens me for the whole game, but depending on the time of the game, some things are tougher than others.

Early Game/Lead Threats

Deoxys A/Deoxys S
- A moreso than S because he hits really hard. These are probably the best at limiting what Frosslass can do, thanks to their amazing speed. I've gotten into the habit of just going for the kill because 9 times out of 10 they throw out a taunt.

Prankster Users - With Thundy, I can see the taunt coming for a mile away, so I just go for the kill. Klefki is a bit different. He lacks taunt but he does have that Thunder Wave which really hurts cause lass needs her speed. Most of the time, I can get a taunt out against them which will at least allow me to try for a DBond unless hax kicks in

Mid Game Threats - most of these really depend on who's left at the time, as I have solid answers for most of them

Enemy EKillers - If both Blazken and Arceus are dead, this may as well be GG. For this reason, I tend to keep my own Ekiller in the wings. I don't know why they like to set up on Blaziken, but they should stop because that lands them a swift OHKO via HJK. The best I can really do is go for significant damage on the setup turn, and hope it's enough for my own Ekiller to dust them off.

Geomancy Xerneas - Blaizken NEEDS to end up at +3 speed after the Geomancy, or there's gonna be problems. This is another reason Ekiller and Yveltal stay in the wings so that this guy doesn't get out of hand. If Zekrom is in on the Geomancy turn, Bolt Strike does take a huge chunk out of him, and then I can try for the priority

Lugia and Giratina - The stally bastards, they like to fire out status and then start phazing. I'm much worse off for wear if they come out after Zekrom's gone, since he makes short work of both of them. Shamyin can try to flinch them out, and it works more on Giratina than Lugia. Lugia deserves special mention for being able to keep Ekiller at bay. Even a +2 Shadow claw does jack diddly to him.

End Game threats
Scarf Kyogre -
Basically if Zekrom and Yveltal aren't at full health, it's GG. Ekiller is probably the best answer I've got to him, assuming he locks himself into Ice Beam. If he's locked into a Water move, he's much easier to deal with as Seed Flare does ridiculous damage to him.

I apologize for the rough drafty nature of the post. This ended up taking up my entire lunch break at work. And that's that. C+C is encouraged of course, as well as more threats and general advice (if any). A thing I've been considering is replacing Skymin with Genesect, as it, on paper looks like an all around defensive buff (and a free switch in to toxic) but I'm not sure of the set to run.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Aquaslash,

It's a decent team. However, there are a few major threats which threaten this team hugely. Ekiller sweeps. GeoXern sweeps. Ho-Oh will really annoy you. Kyogre will force switches and sweep too. MBlaziken sweeps. Too many things. This NEEDS to be addressed or this team will not be half as successful as it could be.

Anyways, I feel like a lot of the mons don't really fit together too well. Shaymin, who by the way should probably run a standard subseed set or something to pressure defog balance better, doesn't really make too much sense to me among the other offensive titans on this team. Idk really though, this team needs a lot of reworking before it can be successful.

I don't really like Frosslass as a hazard setter. The main issue is that Deoxys formes exist, which pretty much messes it up. They have a faster taunt and are faster in general to get down more hazards / force 50/50s in Deo-A's case. Plus, anyone who leads a GeoXern sucks. A lot.

I get that it is HO. Kinda missed that at first though. It changes a few notes though. Sticky web teams are annoying. Also, running sub on Ygod limits its ability to mess with stall teams, which is probably not a good thing. The above threats are less so (not completely easy to beat but less so nonetheless).

Changes:

Deo-S > Frosslass
Jolly > Adamant on Arceus- also have you considered Overheat? It's pretty good. Its your choice ofc
SD > BP on Blaziken- On HO, you won't have that many opportunities to BP to Zekrom. Plus with immunities all over, it sucks to BP to Zekrom then be forced out by a ground or fairy type depending on the attack.
Taunt > Sub on Yveltal

I don't really care, but I'm sure there are some LO or SR numbers that current EVs don't achieve that you should hit.

Good luck.

"(in case that pesky item clause happens)", nah boi.

Do what sir haxiom said (emphasis on the sir part), and you're not sweep, so run low kick on blaze bc its much better. Miss/protect + everything in ubers is fat.

Now that I'm at home...

Hey Aquaslash,

It's a decent team. However, there are a few major threats which threaten this team hugely. Ekiller sweeps. GeoXern sweeps. Ho-Oh will really annoy you. Kyogre will force switches and sweep too. MBlaziken sweeps. Too many things. This NEEDS to be addressed or this team will not be half as successful as it could be.

Anyways, I feel like a lot of the mons don't really fit together too well. Shaymin, who by the way should probably run a standard subseed set or something to pressure defog balance better, doesn't really make too much sense to me among the other offensive titans on this team. Idk really though, this team needs a lot of reworking before it can be successful.
First off, thanks for the well thought out reply. I really appreciate it. I've actually considered a number of things that you mentioned already. Though admittedly subseed Shaymin isn't one of them. While it stops him from killing himself, I'd definitely miss the reliability of the coverage moves he has. Skymin is by far the most expendable mon on the team though, so it's something I'll be giving thought to.

I don't really like Frosslass as a hazard setter. The main issue is that Deoxys formes exist, which pretty much messes it up. They have a faster taunt and are faster in general to get down more hazards / force 50/50s in Deo-A's case. Plus, anyone who leads a GeoXern sucks. A lot.
I actually run into a lot of lead GeoXerns. I guess my team baits them or something? I've actually given a lot of thought to the Deo forms, particularly Attack and Speed. Cursed Body/Destiny Bond shenanigans have been what have kept Lass in up to this point, but I'm probably going to think about them some more. I can at least see that opposed to Lass being a reliable one trick pony, Deo has a LOT of options. Any recommendations for sets on either deo form?

I get that it is HO. Kinda missed that at first though. It changes a few notes though. Sticky web teams are annoying. Also, running sub on Ygod limits its ability to mess with stall teams, which is probably not a good thing. The above threats are less so (not completely easy to beat but less so nonetheless).

Changes:

Deo-S > Frosslass
Jolly > Adamant on Arceus- also have you considered Overheat? It's pretty good. Its your choice ofc
Actually, I've recently begun to consider a fire move on Arceus for the sole purpose of screwing over Ferro who likes to try to get his stall going. I'm not sure what to let go for it though. Also, I've noticed that most enemy Ekillers are faster than mine, but they're weaker and so I generally end up outdueling them. What's he trying to beat with at Jolly nature that's worth the power drop?

SD > BP on Blaziken- On HO, you won't have that many opportunities to BP to Zekrom. Plus with immunities all over, it sucks to BP to Zekrom then be forced out by a ground or fairy type depending on the attack.
I've tried SD once before, and I find that I really can't get the opportunities to set up one, since Blaziken has the biggest "punch me in the face or I will rape you" sign on his forehead that you can possibly have. BP is generally a "I'm going to die and this thing doesn't have Espeed, so let me pass to a resist" kind of thing. What's out there that he can set up on and not die?

Taunt > Sub on Yveltal
Never considered this, but since everything not name Scarf Kyogre with Ice Beam and Zekrom try to stall him out, this might work out better

I don't really care, but I'm sure there are some LO or SR numbers that current EVs don't achieve that you should hit.

Good luck.
Thanks for the well thought out post. Lots of stuff to think about there. :)

Do what sir haxiom said (emphasis on the sir part), and you're not sweep, so run low kick on blaze bc its much better. Miss/protect + everything in ubers is fat.
I'm actually quite careful about the use of HJK. I try to scout for other protects with my own, and I won't fire it if there's a ghost on the other team (bar an unrevealed Arceus). I'm normally all about the accurate moves, but this is probably like the one exception cause Blaze is on a timer anyway.

Really great posts you guys, appreciate it. Since all three of you have mentioned Jolly over Adamant on Ekiller, I'd like to know what he's losing to by not running Jolly.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aquaslash said:
Really great posts you guys, appreciate it. Since all three of you have mentioned Jolly over Adamant on Ekiller, I'd like to know what he's losing to by not running Jolly.
Well, you miss out on two main things (that I can think of off the top of my head. For one, unevolved Mega Gengar. With an Adamant 252 Spd investment, Arceus hits 339 Speed, while 252+ Mega Gengar hits 350 before evolving. This is crucial if you want to avoid being DBonded or Focus Blasted to death (obviously depending on how much HP left for the latter). Secondly, you get to outspeed or at least speed tie with ALL opposing Arceus, so at least there is a decent chance of attacking before the WoW if it's Rockceus or something that won't take much from ESpeed.

Does this help?

EDIT: Also, I guess you get to speed tie MMX and other unevolved Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Well, you miss out on two main things (that I can think of off the top of my head. For one, unevolved Mega Gengar. With an Adamant 252 Spd investment, Arceus hits 339 Speed, while 252+ Mega Gengar hits 350 before evolving. This is crucial if you want to avoid being DBonded or Focus Blasted to death (obviously depending on how much HP left for the latter). Secondly, you get to outspeed or at least speed tie with ALL opposing Arceus, so at least there is a decent chance of attacking before the WoW if it's Rockceus or something that won't take much from ESpeed.

Does this help?

EDIT: Also, I guess you get to speed tie MMX and other unevolved Mewtwo.
Yes, that helps a whole bunch. Thanks. I've been trying out a lot of the things suggested, and here are some immediate ones that stuck:

Blaziken:
Baton Pass > Knock Off - Not only has this been a huge help against the giratinas, but it's also landed a surprise KO on the odd Mewtwo here and there.

Yveltal:
Substitute > Taunt - Greatly helps against Lugia as well as back up hazard setters. Yveltal's got enough speed to outpace most things bar the timid nature Xerneas here and there.

I'm still trying out some of the other things to see what works best. I do like the exploding Lando-T though. Just trying to see what fits best in that Rock Polish slot.

Timid xern, is not a thing. You dont have to worry about it (Blaizken NEEDS to end up at +3 speed after the Geomancy, no).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)