Other Metagames [BH] - My take on stall (aka stall + cancerous trapper)

Hi there, it's me, dsm77773. Showcasing another team. A different playstyle this time, though. Read the title: stall. The ragequit-based playstyle. But not mainstream stall. MY take on stall. Based on the (currently suspected) obnoxious OU stall.
Maybe the team isn't THAT original, but I don't care. Also you'll see everything with reliable recovery because I just hate not being able to recover 50% of my health by clicking a button when I'm playing defensively.
Aaaand without further ado, the team!

Started with SubCurse Giratina, nothing special. It's a fun set that you'll find only in BH, I can't think of another metagame where Ghost Curse is viable.

Threw in the standard double Chansey defensive core found on most BH stall teams. Imposter Chansey is mandatory anyway.
Fur Coat Chansey is massively bulky, checking a lot of threats for stall teams, but it's extremely weak to set-up and Spore. Then Imposter Chansey comes in, scouting for Spore on dangerous sweepers and Impostering set-up sweepers to copy their boosts and counter-sweep.

Number 1 priority when making a BH stall team is cover -ates. I've got Fur Coat Chansey, which already covers most non-Spore -ates, and now I added Registeel as a second look to those, which also covers Trick teams with Mail and Spore spam somewhat with Magic Bounce. It also supports the team with Defog and clerical support.

I started getting creative here. I wanted to try Shedinja on a stall team, as a defensive pivot. It also would wall every single mon relying on direct damage.

I needed another Magic Bouncer to support Sheddy, so I chose Mega Audino, as it counters non-Sludge Wave Mold Breaker Mega Gengar, which I was weak to. I was lacking some physical bulk so I went with a physically bulky spread.

Shedinja did work well on the team, however, I just find matches against opposing stall agonic stall wars, I was really having problems to take down anything with recovery due to the general passiveness of the team. Inspiring on the cancerous Mega Sableye + Gothitelle OU stall, I made my own BH version of it. I added Perish Trap Gengar to take down opposing stall cores, against offensive teams, it could be KOed and you'd still have something ressembling a team. As Sheddy was gone, I didn't need Magic Bounce on Mega Audino, seeing I was looking for something physically bulky, I replaced it with Fur Coat, which allowed me to run a not-so-gimmicky specially defensive spread.

Team Preview

Under the Zoom Lens

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Curse
Substitute
King's Shield
Slack Off

This set might look odd, but it's actually standard in BH. Giratina can start an endless and deadly cycle (well, at least until PP runs out...) of Sub -> Curse -> King's Shield -> Slack Off -> repeat. Just don't be so predictable, at least against a good player. The set works really well at forcing switches and stacking lethal damage on everything without recovery. King's Shield allows you to freely activate your Orb if you didn't bring Giratina in through pivoting, messes up with physical attackers, and helps in scouting, which is huge in a metagame where everything can have anything (although any mon can't run everything while keeping viability of course). Slack Off to shrug off Curse's residual damage or any hit it might've taken. Substitute shields you from would-be fatal hits after a Curse.
The spread allows Giratina to counter non-Sky Plate Aerilate Mega Rayquaza and just gives it enormous special bulk, sadly a lot of sweepers carry a move that hits Giratina hard (Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Diancie, Mega Gengar, Kyurem-Black, most Kyogre...). Minimum Attack for minimum confusion & Foul Play damage.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
Fake Out
Skill Swap
Soft-Boiled
Whirlwind

An Imposter Chansey in your BH team is borderline mandatory. Get used to this thing. Learn to counter it, to play with, without and around it. It's that centralising in BH.
None of this moves are actually useful, as Chansey is transformed 99.99999999999% of the time. Fake Out breaks Illusion (which blocks Imposter), however, some Illusion pokes are Ghost-types, so watch out. Skill Swap transforms the foe into a useless Chansey copy with no good HP and easy set up fodder, this is used mainly for Sub users, which again block Imposter; the foe's boosts are removed as well this way. Soft-Boiled is recovery, Whirlwind phazes stuff, is an emergency button against shit that went out of hand (SubContrary mons come to mind).

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Metal Burst
Soft-Boiled
Whirlwind
Baton Pass

If regular Chansey is already insanely bulky, imagine one with the equivalent of a maxed-out 130 base Defense. That's Fur Coat Chansey. With the metagame filled with ridiculous powerhouses, such as Protean Mega Mewtwo Y, the -ates, Mega Lati@s, and Primal Groudon; such titanic bulk is needed to effectively counter all them. Very little can 2HKO Fur Coat Chansey, Mold Breaker Mega Gengar and some set-up sweepers - such as specially offensive Contrary anything (after some boosts) come to mind. However, Metal Burst keeps them at bay, especially with Chansey's off-scale HP, likely OHKOing them if Chansey has just taken a really strong hit. However, it can also give a free switch to the opponent if used on the wrong turn, so watch out and don't start spamming Metal Burst like there's no tomorrow. Whirlwind phazes those innocent set-up sweepers that think they can beat Chansey by getting to +6, for example Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza (which already comes close to the 2HKO at +3, dealing around 45% damage). Baton Pass grabs momentum and Soft-Boiled is recovery. The EVs look a bit weird, they maximize Eviolite's effectiveness, thus, they also maximize Chansey's bulk. Minimum Speed for the slowest pivoting possible and the best Metal Burst effectiveness, as Metal Burst does not have negative priority.

Registeel @ Mail
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
Night Shade
Defog
Aromatherapy
Recover

Registeel fullfils important roles on the team: cleric support and entry hazard bouncer and remover. The first is really important: status wears down both Chanseys and Mega Audino really quickly, and they might not be able to counter some threats while statused (for example, a poisoned/burned Fur Coat Chansey is 2HKOed by Protean Mega Mewtwo Y), Aromatherapy removes their status conditions so they're fresh when a dangerous powerhouse pops in. Defog removes entry hazards, although Registeel itself already bounces any hazard that doesn't come from Mold Breaker mons such as Giratina or Deoxys-S. None of the members of the team are weak to hazards, but Fur Coat Chansey hates them as it becomes much easier to 2HKO after a single round of hazard damage, and the rare Toxic Spikes are horrifying for a stall team. Recover is self-explanatory (recovery). Night Shade allows Registeel to chip at stuff as otherwise is even more passive (most Registeel just carry U-turn or Knock Off, or no attacking move at all), works especially well in conjuntion with Giratina's Curse, and otherwise 4HKOes most sweepers (dealing around 30%) which is enough to annoy them if they repeatedly switch into Registeel. A specially defensive spread is needed to take on -ates and avoid the 2HKO from their Booomburst. Mail just looks useless but it blocks Trick (I should thank DinaIsha for making Trick teams popular).

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Perish Song
King's Shield
Roost
Encore

Mega Gengar is in charge of destroying opposing stall cores, especially those which rely on Baton Pass for pivoting. Shadow Tag was banned from Balanced Hackmons for a good reason, but by holding a Gengarite, Gengar can get the banned ability, making a Perish Song set viable. It's not nearly as broken as it was in OU due to the amount of pivoting and hard-hitters in BH, but still really dangerous (using Perish Song -> King's Shield -> King's Shield -> switch you have a 33% chance of taking down anything). Disguise as Mega Audino or Chansey at the start of the match (the choice doesn't really matter). Encore locks the opponent in a useless move so they can't pivot out. Against Imposter Chansey lead, always disguise as Mega Audino and lead with it. Mega Evolve and Encore Turn 1 to lock it on the Fake Out, then use Perish Song to take it down. Against -ates you can attempt to block the Fake Out with King's Shield and then lock them on the move (you outspeed all them and after the King's Shield Attack drop most just click Boomburst), so you can remove them too. Gengar also shits on Trick + Choice item, as they get locked in the useless Trick (as Gengar holds its Mega Stone) by their own Choice item, so you can safely remove them. Roost allows Mega Gengar to keep on trapping Pokémon. The EVs spread gives it some bulk (it's still very frail, but might help sometimes) and a speedy Encore.

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Leech Seed
Spore
U-turn
Soft-Boiled

I need Mega Audino to take on Mold Breaker Mega Gengar which otherwise wrecks the team. I felt I was lacking coverage on the physical side thus a Fur Coat set gives Mega Audino massive physical bulk, so if Fur Coat Chansey is KOed, you still have an answer to most physical attacks. Mega Audino's typing is also quite good, giving it immunities to Ghost and the rarer Dragon. With Safety Goggles, she can stop Mold Breaker Spore cold, another threat to the team. However, she dislikes status, so Registeel is there to help her. On the moves, Spore disables anything that might've gotten out of hand or a dangerous sweeper in general. Leech Seed lets Mega Audino drain HP from the Pokémon she's facing, this way she becomes incredibly difficult to take down. U-turn grabs momentum which is quite important in BH if you're planning to win. Soft-Boiled is reliable recovery, something Leech Seed cannot give. EVs spread makes Mega Audino specially bulky since she's got a lot of physical bulk anyway thanks to Fur Coat, minimum Speed for a slow pivoting.

Final information

Imposter Chansey is really easy to deal with as most of the team members can't do anything to each other or to themselves, and almost all of them are Sub fodder for Giratina. Lead Imposter is easily trapped and wrecked by Mega Gengar. Fur Coat Chansey is also Mega Gengar's prey, and can't to anything to most of the team.

Resort to Fur Coat Chansey, Registeel or Mega Audino depeding on its 4th slot, even Giratina if it lacks Sky Plate. Gale Wings is really threatening, don't let it set up, and phaze it with Chansey again and again. Try to chip at it on the switch, however, with Oblivion Wing as a STAB move, this will prove difficult.

If it's an Imposter-proof variant go to Fur Coat Chansey, if not go to Imposter Chansey.

A long stall war is coming. Gengar can annoy it with Encore, some variants can be copied by Imposter and stalled by Imposter, some others can be walled by my PH Giratina...

Giratina walls this to hell and back. Chansey and Mega Audino can help too but they're not as good answers.

Same as Giratina.

Quite dangerous, resort to Fur Coat Chansey and phaze it before it can set up, you can chip at it on the switch. Never let it set up and never send Imposter Chansey in if it does, as it's often paired with Magnet Pull Pokémon that can trap and beat the Imposter.

Depending on its last move, go to Registeel, Fur Coat Chansey or Mega Audino.

Trap it and remove it with Mega Gengar, but lock it with Encore before it pivots out. If it's a Prankster variant, switch to your own Registeel.

Our God is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. If it's a Poison Heal set, then go to Registeel or Mega Audino. Ghost-type QD is stopped by Fur Coat Chansey or Mega Audino.

Dangerous and versatile as well. If it's the Mold Breaker Secret Sword set, go to Mega Audino. Mold Breaker Sludge Wave? Bring Fur Coat Chansey in. Perish Trapper? Play carefully with Registeel, everything else can pivot out of its trap. Normalize variant? Registeel stops them cold.

Almost everything on the team can beat this.

No hidden Egg, and no hunder thousand hide tags to tell you there's no Chansey. She's a team member.

jordanthejq12 Joshz AnybodyAgrees michaeloche NOCturnal Hunter thdhted I like donkeys dusk raimon
The Other Metagames room, too lazy to tag all you tbh

Importable
http://pastebin.com/aF4YmJKK

That's all, thx for reading! Remember to rate the team!

Last edited:
Stall is basically dead in the current BH metagame, since MM2Y, MM2X, MRay, and MLatis can easily run through stall teams, making stall less viable, but here are a few things this former Adrian apprentice can give you. The most important things are bolded.

Gengar ---> Rayquaza, Latios, or MM2X/Y: The reasoning is simple: Mega Gengar is an okay stallbreaker, but it is nothing compared to a Latios, SpecsQuaza (lol that thing is the bane of stall and yet it fits on it so well), or a MM2 of your choice.

Registeel ---> 252 HP/152 Def/100 SpD Registeel: This is by far the most important change this team needs; With impish, this can survive a 1k arrows from Adamant MRay (I know it survives Sharp Beak 1k arrows, but I think it can take it from LO Quaza as well). Its a minor nitpick, but it is very important to note. You can put the last 4 EVs wherever you want, but I recommend putting them into SpD.

King's Shield ---> Spiky Shield on Giratina
: Giratina would much rather use Spiky Shield than King's Shield when running a Poison Heal set; While King's Shield can weaken an -ate attacker, they can easily kill Tina with a Boomburst, so you would much rather get a little bit of chip damage on it. King's Shield also makes you vulnerable to WoW*, so it isn't the best option.

*(Yes, I know WoW is uncommon, but better safe than sorry).

Mail ---> Rocky Helmet on Registeel: I can't dispute mail, but they can get Knocked off with ease. I'd much rather run a Mega Evolution like Slowbro with a Slowbronite. I do want to say that with MGar, you are Trick resistant already.

Night Shade ---> U-turn on Registeel: This really depends on whether you are trying for stall or bulky offense. U-turn is great for pivoting, and helps against opposing Gengars.

Also, I want to clarify a few things.

1. I know of at least one Pokemon that is either S/A that already kills most of your team, and that's Moldy MM2X. Close Combat OHKOes Chansey, so that won't work. While Tina does check it, it uses Pursuit, so whatever you had in get hurt, plus it will use U-turn afterwards, possibly bringing out Mega Diancie or Kyurem-W, both of which give your team trouble when used with Mold Breaker MM2X. What do you have that can stop this core?

2. You obviously forgot about SpecsQuaza when building this team. You have literally nothing to stop it, and teams using it run Aegislash 9/10 times.I don't know how, but you desperately need a Tyranitar somewhere.

3. What does your Gengar have on Shedinja? Explain to me that, since it can easily switch out of your Gengar, plus it can always pivot out. So again, what does your Gengar have on Shedinja?

4. Lead Imposters are not scared off by your Gengar. Try again.

5. There is a reason I don't really stall in BH anymore. Learn where I have learned: Stall will be dead as long as MM2X/Y are in the metagame.

6. What do you do v MLatios?

That's all for now, I hope my advice can help you improve your team!

Stall is basically dead in the current BH metagame, since MM2Y, MM2X, MRay, and MLatis can easily run through stall teams, making stall less viable, but here are a few things this former Adrian apprentice can give you. The most important things are bolded.

Gengar ---> Rayquaza, Latios, or MM2X/Y: The reasoning is simple: Mega Gengar is an okay stallbreaker, but it is nothing compared to a Latios, SpecsQuaza (lol that thing is the bane of stall and yet it fits on it so well), or a MM2 of your choice.

Registeel ---> 252 HP/152 Def/100 SpD Registeel: This is by far the most important change this team needs; With impish, this can survive a 1k arrows from Adamant MRay (I know it survives Sharp Beak 1k arrows, but I think it can take it from LO Quaza as well). Its a minor nitpick, but it is very important to note. You can put the last 4 EVs wherever you want, but I recommend putting them into SpD.
King's Shield ---> Spiky Shield on Giratina: Giratina would much rather use Spiky Shield than King's Shield when running a Poison Heal set; While King's Shield can weaken an -ate attacker, they can easily kill Tina with a Boomburst, so you would much rather get a little bit of chip damage on it. King's Shield also makes you vulnerable to WoW*, so it isn't the best option.

*(Yes, I know WoW is uncommon, but better safe than sorry).

Mail ---> Rocky Helmet on Registeel: I can't dispute mail, but they can get Knocked off with ease. I'd much rather run a Mega Evolution like Slowbro with a Slowbronite. I do want to say that with MGar, you are Trick resistant already.

Night Shade ---> U-turn on Registeel: This really depends on whether you are trying for stall or bulky offense. U-turn is great for pivoting, and helps against opposing Gengars.

Also, I want to clarify a few things.

1. I know of at least one Pokemon that is either S/A that already kills most of your team, and that's Moldy MM2X. Close Combat OHKOes Chansey, so that won't work. While Tina does check it, it uses Pursuit, so whatever you had in get hurt, plus it will use U-turn afterwards, possibly bringing out Mega Diancie or Kyurem-W, both of which give your team trouble when used with Mold Breaker MM2X. What do you have that can stop this core?

2. You obviously forgot about SpecsQuaza when building this team. You have literally nothing to stop it, and teams using it run Aegislash 9/10 times.I don't know how, but you desperately need a Tyranitar somewhere.

3. What does your Gengar have on Shedinja? Explain to me that, since it can easily switch out of your Gengar, plus it can always pivot out. So again, what does your Gengar have on Shedinja?

4. Lead Imposters are not scared off by your Gengar. Try again.

5. There is a reason I don't really stall in BH anymore. Learn where I have learned: Stall will be dead as long as MM2X/Y are in the metagame.

6. What do you do v MLatios?

That's all for now, I hope my advice can help you improve your team!
I appreciate the rate, however I don't use this team anymore and I'm aware of its flaws. I'll try those changes, thanks.

Tbh I didn't expect a rate rn, it's been months since I posted this.

I appreciate the rate, however I don't use this team anymore and I'm aware of its flaws. I'll try those changes, thanks.

Tbh I didn't expect a rate rn, it's been months since I posted this.
Lol, I just never had the time or energy to post stuff up on Smogon tbh. I just decided to rate this because why not.

I'm happy that I could help make some improvements!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)