Other Metagames [BH] 100% Anti-Meta defensive team

|
|
|
|
|

Introduction
Another RMT from me, this time about my BH team, with which I peaked at about 1670 elo on the BH ladder. It is a defensive team, which is mainly designed to prevent sweeps and punish them, and not to sweep on its own. Especially in the current meta, with the combination of anti-priority abilities like dazzling,shell smash and focus sash being so common, having something against this tactic, is really important. Depending on the pokemon's moveset and ability, sometimes Prankster Haze is the better choice and sometimes Unaware Spectral Thief. That's also the main reason why I use two Giratinas, one with Prankster and one with Unaware. Also, Scarf Blissey is an extremely nice answer to opposing sweepers, sometimes sweeping the whole opposing team away, abusing the opponent's boosts.

The Team

Goomba (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: all 252, except 0 Atk
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Whirlwind
- Milk Drink

Registeel is usually my lead. Thanks to its amazing bulk, it is an extremely reliable Stealth Rock setter which can set up them multiple times over the match. Safety Goggles are used to prevent getting spored by Mold Breaker Deoxys, while Flash Fure providesa nice Fire immunity. This also allows me to “check“ an opposing mon for Magic Bounce by trying to burn it with Will-O-Wisp.

Will-O-Wisp punishes Switch-ins (nice when they are Poison Healers with their Toxic Orb not yet activated) and cripples physical attackers, so that, even with Shell Smash Power Trip, they get walled by Unaware Giratina. Also FakeSpeeders are severly crippled when hit by a Will-O-Wisp.
Whirlwind is the team's only phazing move, blowing opposing mons who try to abuse Registeel for their set-up out of the battle while also generating more stealth rock damage to break potential sashes. I choose it over Dragon Tail because it ignores substitutes and is not blocked by fairies.
Milk Drink finally is for recovery. Altough it seems unrealistically for such a metal blob to drink milk, it does, what it is intended for - restoring my HP.

Big Bad Bowser (Zygarde-Complete) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: all 252 except 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- U-Turn / Earthquake / Core Enforcer / Thousand Arrows

Zygarde is a nice RegenVest user thanks to its absurd bulk which allows it to survive even stuff like Pixilate Boombursts from Pixi Plate Mega Diancie easily.
Thanks to Regenerator it also can be kind of a status absorber, since it heals poison/burn damage just by switching out.
Rapid Spin is for removing entry hazards, especially toxic spikes which cripple my team severely otherwise.
Knock Off is one of the best utility moves in this metagame. It removes the opponent's item, most important Gengar's Spooky Plate, Specs, Bands and Toxic Orbs from Poison Healers on their switch-in, so that they're crippled for the rest of the match.
In the last slot, I'm currently running U-Turn to gain, in combination with minimum speed, momentum. Also pissossible is Earthquake as a ground STAB to hit opposing Registeels and Groudons for super-effective damage. Core Enforcer to suppress the opposing ability is possible too, but I already have two Core Enforcer users. Also, Thoused Arrows is an option, which hits Flying and Levitate users too, but it is slightly weaker than Earthquake.

Cheep Cheep (Kyogre-Primal) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Origin Pulse / Steam Eruption
- Roost
- Ice Beam

The team's most reliable mixed wall. It walls both special and physical attackers, punishes the latter with the Rocky Helmet, which also breaks a potential sash, and cripples them with poison.
The ability Fur Coat doubles its otherwise lackluster physical defense, making it nearly as bulky as Zygarde.
The Rocky Helmet, as I said, punishes physical attackers, mainly FakeSpeeders, Spectral Thief and V-Create users.
Toxic puts a timer on an opposing mon, and Kyogre has the bulk to stall it out most of the time, while Origin Pulse is just a strong STAB to eliminate things such as Pixilate Diancie or Non-Water Absorb Groudon. I formerly had Steam Eruption in this slot, but often ran out of PP, so that I switched to Origin Pulse which has the same power, but twiceit as much PP.
I'm also thinking about using Scald to have even more PP and nice chances for a burn, but Scald is extremely weak compared to Steam Eruption or Origin Pulse.
Roost lets Kyogre gain health back, and Ice Beam kills Zygarde and Rayquaza.

Cosmic Clone (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Careful Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Soft-Boiled
- Rapid Spin
- Trick
Imposter Blissey with Choice Scarf is an extremely reliable revenge killer. When transforming in the opposing mon, it copies its stat boosts, and this means, in combination with the Choice Scarf, it always outspeeds the opponent - except Unburden users, but they are rare, obvious (using Belly drum and then consuming a Sitrus Berry is most likely to be Unburden) and can usually, also be stopped by Giratina.
When brought in at the right time, it can sweep the opponent's team away, due to always winning the "speed tie" and abusing the stat boosts of the opposing pokemon for its own advantage.

The moveset is only used when Imposter doesn't activate, for example against an opposing impostered pokemon.
Topsy Turvy reverts the opponent's boosts into negative stat changes so that he is forced to either use several boost moves in a row to get its boosts back or to switch out.
Soft-Boiled is for recovery, Rapid Spin removes Entry Hazards only from my side, so that I don't need to bring out my Stealth Rocks again, and Trick can be used to trick the scarf onto an opposing mon if I don't need it anymore, wich is mostly the case when facing another defensive team or when all dangerous opposing sweepers have been killed. It also helpshas to remove an opposing Chansey's Eviolite and to cripple it for the rest of the match.

King Boo (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: all 252, except 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- Toxic
- Shore Up
The first Giratina. With Unaware it stops most sweepers as long as they don't carry Power Trip. Thanks to its bulk it survives Draco Meteor or Light of Ruin easily while stealing the opponent's stat boosts.
Safety Goggles prevent opposing Spores, which is, in my opinion, more important than Leftovers recovery.
Spectral Thief steals the opponent's stat boosts, bypasses substitutes and also gets STAB. Core Enforcer renders the opponent's ability useless, so that Poison Healers get hurt by poison, Contrary Sweepers get their stats lowered after each V-Create and Draco Meteor and -ate users like Diancie or Kyurem-Black can't hit Giratina with their FakeSpeed or Boomburst.
Toxic puts a timer on the opposing pokemon and Shore Up is its recovery move.
The 0 Speed IVs in combination with the speed-lowering sassy nature are used to almost guarantee to get out-speeded, since Core Enforcer only works when moving last.

King Boo (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: all 252 except 0 Atk and 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Taunt
- Core Enforcer
- Slack Off
And, finally, the second Giratina. Thanks to Prankster Haze, it also stops most setup sweepers, also those with Power Trip. It's quite similar to the first Giratina, with the only difference being the ability and the moves.
Haze is, as I said, to remove the opponent's stat boosts and is, thanks to Prankster, used with Priority and it is not stopped by Psychic Terrain, Substitute or Dazzling.
Taunt stops the opponent from usig a recovery move, Entrainment or a boosting move. In combination with the first Giratina it also shuts down Gengar, since it prevents Gengar from using Entrainment or Shell Smash, allowing me to KO it with Spectral Thief. I also thought about using Curse to have something against sub spammers and baton passers, or just Toxic/Will-O-Wisp, but taunt makes more sense here in my opinion.
Core Enforcer, again supresses the foe's ability and is here mainly used to counter normal-type poison healers who can't hit me with Facade and which I can't hit with Spectral Thief (in a previous team, I used to trick a Ring Target, but this is much easier and pratical to do).
Slack Off finally is for Recovering. You may have noticed that I always use a differnet recovery move. This is to be still able to recover when the opponent uses an Imprison/Transform combo on a Chansey or something similar.

Conclusion
Interestingly I had the most problems against other defensive teams, since the team lacks strong STAB attacking moves to kill opposing walls. especially steel types like Registeel or Aggron are annying since they can't be poisoned, and Mega Audino who can safely switch into Spextral Thief and Core Enforcer.
Also, substitute users give me a lot of trouble, if they can't be whirlwinded out or Spectral Thiefed. If I switch blissey i against them I can't kill them, but they may kill me with one hit, especially when switched in against a Shell Smash user with its lowered defensive stats. Luckily, substitute is very rare in the current BH meta.
Having four Safety Goggles may look weird, but with Spore spam being so common, it's really nice to have four mons being immune to it. As long as the opponent doesn't know that a specific mon has Safety Goggles it also generates a "free turn" to poison/burn it or just do damage/kill the foe's pokemon.

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Lemme go one by one:

Registeel:

* How about carrying Defog or Rapid Spin in case your hazards gets bounced back? Also if they are bounced back against Giratina thats some trouble.
* Will-O-Wisp is best used when paired with Flash Fire. Just get Dragon Tail instead of Whirlwind to phaze while breaking Sashes, and replace Wisp with Toxic which has 0 consequence for being bounced back.

Zygarde-C:

I see it hasn't been a long time since you joined BH community. I am not that experienced either but what I would strongly recommend you is pairing Regenerator with Assault Vest. This might seem like a gimmick but RegenVest, the term itself is wide known and such sets are ubiquitous. Addition of bulk makes up for its lack of recovery, and here's the set i suggest:

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 4 Def / 252 Spd, you can balance them out too.
0 IV in Speed.
Relaxed
/ Sassy Nature
- Thousand Arrows / Spectral Thief
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin / Nuzzle / Core Enforcer
- U-turn

Spectral Thief keeps Zygarde-C from becoming a setup fodder while Knock Off should be kept for team support. Rapid Spin, go for it bc you have 0 hazard remover. Don't think your Registeel will keep them away, Mold Breaker Deo-S will ruin it.
U-turn is mandatory so your team can safely switch in while grabbing momentum. Minimized speed tier will let you switch out last, greatly increasing the chance of your team to come in unscratched.

Kyogre-Primal:

Invest a little more on Defense. Kyogre's 90 defense is not good enough to be mediated by Fur Coat, bc it still takes lots of damage from MMY's Psystrike without investment on speed. Also Poison Heal set with King's Shield is much better:

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- King's Shield / Leech Seed
- Quiver Dance

Ev sets? Takes physical hits much better, and 16 Speed is for outspeeding Deoxys-A at +2 speed. King's Shield is a giant middle finger for -ate users with FakeSpeed, Leech Seed is used against Imposters (although Imposters will still lose because they don't have Poison Heal and will succumb to burn eventually) and Sturdy Shedinja. Quiver Dance is for power, bulk, and speed.

Blissey:

Why does it have 252 EV on Attack and Speed
Shift them over to HP and Defense, Atk and Spe won't even matter when Blissey transforms.

2 Giratina's:

Yvetal is much better Unaware wall that can take both Power Trip and Moongeist Beam while Registeel is much better Prankster with solid typing.

Last edited:
Flash Fire Registeel is nice, but Dragon Tail instead of Whirwind gives me more trouble against Substitute users.
RegenVest Zygarde is nice too, altough lacking a Cleric means that my team may lose against status spammers.
Unaware Yveltal however has the annoying Stealth Rock weakness (I can't get rid of them everytimes due to being spinblocked by Giratina or due to zygarde being threatened by a Rayquaza or any ice attack) and severely lacks bulk and resistances, Unaware Giratina was much better despite the dark/ghost weakness.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Flash Fire Registeel is nice, but Dragon Tail instead of Whirwind gives me more trouble against Substitute users.
RegenVest Zygarde is nice too, altough lacking a Cleric means that my team may lose against status spammers.
Unaware Yveltal however has the annoying Stealth Rock weakness (I can't get rid of them everytimes due to being spinblocked by Giratina or due to zygarde being threatened by a Rayquaza or any ice attack) and severely lacks bulk and resistances, Unaware Giratina was much better despite the dark/ghost weakness.
Since Giratina is weak against Power Trip, I suggested Unaware Yvetal which is quite bulky with appropriate investment (which is now even better with no ev limitations).

If you want to remove boosts before taking damage, then run Prankster Haze and staple Destiny Bond to it.

I just updated the RMT with the recent changes.

As I said, Yveltal is also crippled by its Stealth Rock weakness.

I also thought about Destiny Bond, but can't find a moveslot for it...

I just updated the RMT with the recent changes.

As I said, Yveltal is also crippled by its Stealth Rock weakness.

I also thought about Destiny Bond, but can't find a moveslot for it...
If you want an unaware dark type that isn't weak to rocks I'd suggest Mega Gyarados since it has good bulk (especially special) and can hit back relatively hard, as well as resisting sunsteel strike which is nice; just a suggestion though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)