Best Users of EVIOLITE

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'd also consider the followings as potential (and hopefully effective) users of this item:
Bayleef, Vigoroth, Metang, Togetic, Wartortle, Munchlax, Yanma, Duosion and Tentacool
The Metang has 60 lower base Attack than it's evo and no recovery. Also, why no Pineco?

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/togetic

^^^ That may be even more viable now. Simply switch Lefties for the Stone.

With all the stuff in UU that Nasty Plot can be passsed to, and through now that was former OU or Ubers (Mew, Zapdos, ect.), it could be rather hard to take out.

Or, swap Roost out for Morning Sun and try to run with this in the sun for more recovery, maybe?

A couple pokemon that haven't been mentioned yet, or rather jumped over.

Rhydon - Base 105/120/45 defenses means it can tanks hits (Especially since it's special defense doubles in Sand). And a solid base 130 attack + Movepool means it will be able to hit back, hard.

Munchlax - 135/40/85. Basically only use this as a Bulkier Curselax though. Otherwise Snorlax outclasses completely.

Lickitung - 90/75/75 are nothing to scoff at. With its massive movepool, access to wish, and the ablilty to counter weather it is a pokemon that could use some more looking into. It's attacking stats let it down a bit, but it does have access to boosting moves in Swords Dance/Curse/Belly Drum.

Grotle - 75/85/65. After an Eviolite boost it has really good bulk. Access to Leech Seed/Synthesis/Stockpile/Giga Drain mean it won't go down easily. A Subseed set would also be really hard to take down.

A couple pokemon that haven't been mentioned yet, or rather jumped over.

Rhydon - Base 105/120/45 defenses means it can tanks hits (Especially since it's special defense doubles in Sand). And a solid base 130 attack + Movepool means it will be able to hit back, hard.

Munchlax - 135/40/85. Basically only use this as a Bulkier Curselax though. Otherwise Snorlax outclasses completely.

Lickitung - 90/75/75 are nothing to scoff at. With its massive movepool, access to wish, and the ablilty to counter weather it is a pokemon that could use some more looking into. It's attacking stats let it down a bit, but it does have access to boosting moves in Swords Dance/Curse/Belly Drum.

Grotle - 75/85/65. After an Eviolite boost it has really good bulk. Access to Leech Seed/Synthesis/Stockpile/Giga Drain mean it won't go down easily. A Subseed set would also be really hard to take down.
Eviolite Rhydon is really interesting and unique but sadly enough Rhydon lacks Solid Rock. Its a shame that he didn't get it in the Dream World. Without it he really isn't worth using over Rhyperior.

Rhydon actually takes hits better then Rhyperior. With any investment it becomes a monster defensively, though it's special defense falls a bit short without sand. Surprisingly enough Rhydon actually fares better in OU because of that.

in UU Rhydon is in need of Hippopotas to get infinite sand, but Vulpix and Abomasnow being around everywhere, they will find a hard time to actually keep it up.

Sneasel anyone?

Sneasel w/Inner Focus@Eviolite
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD Jolly
Swords Dance
Ice Shard/ Ice Punch
Pursuit/Punishment/Bite
Low Kick/Brick Break

Yeah, just seemed like a pretty standard idea, his defenses aren't so swag even with the philosopher's stone so I maxed out the underwhelming attack and decent speed since it'sthe only thing Sneasel's really good at. Taunt could be an option perhaps? But the set really kinda needs all the first options listed above... Thoughts? Anyone else try this? Worth investing in the Defenses or HP?

Rhydon actually takes hits better then Rhyperior. With any investment it becomes a monster defensively, though it's special defense falls a bit short without sand. Surprisingly enough Rhydon actually fares better in OU because of that.
He meant, it'd help Rhydon greatly if he could utilize Solid R ock to take less from Water/Grass (and to a lesser-but-still-important extent, his other weaknesses') moves; he wasn't really defensively comparing Rhydon to 'Perior (or at least, I don't think he was), he likely meant that 'Perior is better offensively.

Sneasel anyone?

Swords Dance
Ice Shard/ Ice Punch
Pursuit/Punishment/Bite
Low Kick/Brick Break

Yeah, just seemed like a pretty standard idea, his defenses aren't so swag even with the philosopher's stone so I maxed out the underwhelming attack and decent speed since it'sthe only thing Sneasel's really good at. Taunt could be an option perhaps? But the set really kinda needs all the first options listed above... Thoughts? Anyone else try this? Worth investing in the Defenses or HP?
I'm not sure where this would work. Its defenses are rediculously low an the evolite isn't going to help much, and as Weavile is in UU its Kindve pointless.

Yeah, but unfortunately Immunity requires you to give up Roost, which is all the more important when you lack lefties.
I could've sworn I read that Gligar gets Roost from DW.. I can't find it now, so I guess it was a mistake.

Well, that sucks. :/

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/togetic

^^^ That may be even more viable now. Simply switch Lefties for the Stone.

With all the stuff in UU that Nasty Plot can be passsed to, and through now that was former OU or Ubers (Mew, Zapdos, ect.), it could be rather hard to take out.

Or, swap Roost out for Morning Sun and try to run with this in the sun for more recovery, maybe?
But why wouldn't you just run Mew, which has everything Togekiss can offer (Baton Passing-wise), along with Taunt, no Stealth Rock weakness, the ability to hold Leftovers, and higher base Speed?

Shelgon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Impish
-Wish
-Protect
-Dragon Tail
-Brick Break / Toxic
It doesn't get Dragon Tail. Anyways Shelgon is really good. I run 252HP/252DEF/4SPDEF with Dragonbreath and Roar lol

But why wouldn't you just run Mew, which has everything Togekiss can offer (Baton Passing-wise), along with Taunt, no Stealth Rock weakness, the ability to hold Leftovers, and higher base Speed?
I'm going to have to agree. Mew, for most intents and purposes, is better than Togetic@Eviolite. I suppose you could argue that Togetic has Wish, Yawn, neutrality to Dark, resistance to Bug, immunity to Ghost, and immunity to Ground to separate itself, but I'd still always rather use Mew to Baton Pass.

As for Rhydon@Eviolite, while it does make him bulkier than Rhyperior, I don't see him being the better choice. The reason? He still has a horrifying set of weaknesses. Ground/Rock is meant to be abused as an offensive typing, and Rhyperior has higher Attack and the ability to hold items like Life Orb and Choice Band. He even has Solid Rock to slightly make up for the defensive difference, so I'd rather use him.

I'm going to have to agree. Mew, for most intents and purposes, is better than Togetic@Eviolite. I suppose you could argue that Togetic has Wish, Yawn, neutrality to Dark, resistance to Bug, immunity to Ghost, and immunity to Ground to separate itself, but I'd still always rather use Mew to Baton Pass.

As for Rhydon@Eviolite, while it does make him bulkier than Rhyperior, I don't see him being the better choice. The reason? He still has a horrifying set of weaknesses. Ground/Rock is meant to be abused as an offensive typing, and Rhyperior has higher Attack and the ability to hold items like Life Orb and Choice Band. He even has Solid Rock to slightly make up for the defensive difference, so I'd rather use him.
Togetic gets Serene Grace Tri Attack (or whatever other abusables, I just enjoy Tri-Attack the most). Freeze hax plox :3

Togetic gets Serene Grace Tri Attack (or whatever other abusables, I just enjoy Tri-Attack the most). Freeze hax plox :3
Doesn't really make much sense, since you only have a 20% shot at Freeze, and you really shouldn't be attacking anyway with Togekiss since it doesn't really have the stats for it (396 Special Attack at +2? No thanks). I still think Taunt is far more valuable, since it can stop something like Chansey using Thunder Wave / Toxic on your send-in Pokemon.

VulLABY

I call it flyless(ORIGINAL SET)
Vullaby
Item: Eviolite
Nature: -Impish
Moves:
-Brave Bird
-Knock off
-Roost
-Toxic/Whirlwind
Ev's: 252hp
126Def
130SP.Def
When you use this set its best to have a spinner on your team such as a fort. or tencr. I'd say a fortress works best because its its good defense and it ice and rock type moves aren't really affective, and 1x to electric moves. This poke is mainly use the cripple someone who have an advantage item, life orb, choice scarf etc. Toxic plays in role well especially if you can get toxic spikes on flying types. But if you go for the choice of whirlwind, you can take out pokes items with knock off.

Doesn't really make much sense, since you only have a 20% shot at Freeze, and you really shouldn't be attacking anyway with Togekiss since it doesn't really have the stats for it (396 Special Attack at +2? No thanks). I still think Taunt is far more valuable, since it can stop something like Chansey using Thunder Wave / Toxic on your send-in Pokemon.
Serene Grace is the only reason to use it, especially when compared to better Pokés.

Sneasel anyone?

Swords Dance
Ice Shard/ Ice Punch
Pursuit/Punishment/Bite
Low Kick/Brick Break

Not really a good idea because a scizor can take it out with a bullet punch with technician. Just stick with the regular focus sash weevile and you will be fine. (:

Don't forget the Perish Set (thanks to Bologo):

[SET]
name: Perish Trapper
move1: Perish Song
move2: Mean Look
move3: Roost
move4: FeatherDance / Taunt
item: Evolution Stone
nature: Sassy
ability: Prankster
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe

I've tried this thing and you can take down even ubers like Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc.
yea this works well, i took down 4pokes in a team with this bastard but i usally even out the sp def and def stats with max hp

^While true about Scizor, the point still stands since Hitmontop and Gurdurr can nail it with Mach Punch.

And Magneton is in UU, filling Magnezone's duties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)